|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elli feel in her home town after the war?
(a) As if she is in danger.
(b) As if she is not a Jew.
(c) As if she does not belong.
(d) As if she had never left.
2. How do Elli, Laura, and Bubi make the trip home?
(a) With help from American soldiers and a train.
(b) With money from the locals.
(c) On an airplane.
(d) In a bus.
3. On the day of the scheduled decimation, what happens?
(a) The guards threaten other punishments.
(b) The guards do not come to work.
(c) The women are forced to work as usual.
(d) The women revolt.
4. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not want to hurry.
(b) She can not go faster.
(c) She does not care.
(d) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
5. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
(a) The cooling air temperature.
(d) People cheering them on.
6. Immediately following their freedom, how does a man who spoke Yiddish help?
(a) He relays doctors' orders to the passengers.
(b) He translates for the passengers.
(c) He gives the passengers food.
(d) He brings the passengers clothing.
7. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) With new shoes.
(b) Without dinner.
(c) One hundred to a car.
8. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
(a) Gives it away.
(b) Continues to eat it.
(d) Dumps it out.
9. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
(a) Their treatment becomes better.
(b) Their food rations increase, as does their work.
(c) Their treatment becomes worse.
(d) Their treatment does not change.
10. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
(a) Run for help.
(b) Eat the corn.
(c) Fight the guards.
(d) Hide between the stalks.
11. Where did Bubi's father die?
12. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
(a) Gunfire erupts.
(b) Trains crash.
(c) Bombs drop.
(d) SS soldiers run away.
13. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is toiling against herself.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is exhausted from thinking.
(d) She is relieved.
14. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
(a) Too many women have died.
(b) The women are too weak to work.
(c) Camp Landsberg is filled to capacity.
(d) Camp Landsberg is full of men.
15. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(b) Extra blankets.
(d) A tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
2. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
3. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
4. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
5. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)