|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
(a) The food turns cold.
(b) Animals eat the food.
(c) Other prisoners steal the food.
(d) The food becomes putrid in the hot sun.
2. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
(a) The same as always.
(b) They were not fed.
(c) A reasonable amount of good food.
(d) Very poorly.
3. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
(a) They think fewer prisoners are coming.
(b) They think the SS would be more helpful.
(c) They think the women are to be stronger.
(d) They think the women are men.
4. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, what do the military guards begin doing?
(a) Staying away from the SS guards.
(b) Carrying whips and avoiding the women.
(c) Arguing with the SS guard.
(d) Keeping track of the SS guard's actions.
5. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
(a) Laura knocks food over.
(b) A guard kicks her down.
(c) Laura falls over.
(d) A guard cruelly twists her arm.
6. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
(a) Elli jumps on him to defend her mother.
(b) Elli argues with him.
(c) Elli gives him a nasty look.
(d) Elli does not give him her shoes.
7. How does Elli feel in her home town after the war?
(a) As if she is in danger.
(b) As if she had never left.
(c) As if she does not belong.
(d) As if she is not a Jew.
8. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) They never recieve a lunch break.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half hour.
(d) An hour.
9. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
(a) They jumped with excitement.
(b) Many attemped suicide.
(c) Several laughed.
(d) Several cried.
10. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
(a) They stole money from them.
(b) They could not break into them.
(c) They sneaked food in them.
(d) They knew nothing of them.
11. What task do the military guards give Elli at Augsburg?
(a) Cooking in the kitchen.
(b) Manufacturing parts for German aircraft.
(c) Sewing clothes.
(d) Guarding older women.
12. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
13. How does Elli first feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
14. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, how does Laura behave?
(a) She refuses to lie down.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She becomes delirious.
15. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not care.
(b) She can not go faster.
(c) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(d) She does not want to hurry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what does Laura do?
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
3. When women strip for guards, what is the one possession they retain?
4. How does Elli get Laura out of the infirmary?
5. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)