|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
(a) By age.
(b) By weight.
(c) By hair and eye color.
(d) By height.
2. What task do the military guards give Elli at Augsburg?
(a) Cooking in the kitchen.
(b) Guarding older women.
(c) Manufacturing parts for German aircraft.
(d) Sewing clothes.
3. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
(b) A pink dress and worn coat.
(c) A rough dress and small shoes.
(d) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
4. At what point does Elli say she is a true concentration camp inmate?
(a) The first day.
(b) At seven and a half weeks.
(c) After a month.
(d) When a friend dies.
5. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what happens to the bed above Elli and Laura?
(a) It shatters.
(b) It is taken away.
(c) It has a broken plank.
(d) It is lumpy.
6. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
(a) They think the SS would be more helpful.
(b) They think fewer prisoners are coming.
(c) They think the women are to be stronger.
(d) They think the women are men.
7. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
(a) Sleep extra.
(b) Eat their reserves.
(c) Read a prayer book.
(d) Give away their blankets.
8. Later, after she has the clothes for a bit, how does Elli feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
9. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
10. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For new clothes.
(b) For new prisoners.
(c) For showers and examinations.
(d) For numbering.
11. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
12. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
(b) People cheering them on.
(d) The cooling air temperature.
13. On the night of Laura's injury at Auschwitz, what does Elli do?
(a) Remains with Laura.
(b) Barely sleeps.
(c) Keeps praying.
(d) Cries in her bunk alone.
14. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Half hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) They never recieve a lunch break.
15. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
(a) Run for help.
(b) Hide between the stalks.
(c) Fight the guards.
(d) Eat the corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elli, Laura and Bubi's home like after the war?
2. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
3. What happens to those who remain in the infirmary longer than three weeks at Auschwitz?
4. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
5. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)