|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, how does Laura earn money for food?
(a) Cleaning homes.
(b) Translating papers.
(c) Tutoring students.
(d) Sewing for Russian girls.
2. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
(a) They think the women are men.
(b) They think the SS would be more helpful.
(c) They think fewer prisoners are coming.
(d) They think the women are to be stronger.
3. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
(a) A soldier beat her head.
(b) A bed pinned Laura in an unnatural position.
(c) A train ran her over.
(d) A guard shot her foot.
4. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) A pink dress and worn coat.
(b) A rough dress and small shoes.
(c) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
(d) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
5. At Waldlager, when does Bubi begin talking?
(a) When Laura brings him soup.
(b) After the guards disappear.
(c) When Elli speaks of their father.
(d) After Elli helps him by giving him bread.
6. What convinces Elli of her father's death?
(a) Another prisoner's message.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A dream.
(d) A guard.
7. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
(a) Give away their blankets.
(b) Sleep extra.
(c) Eat their reserves.
(d) Read a prayer book.
8. During the rainstorm, what does the commander tell the women?
(a) To go inside.
(b) To continue working.
(c) To work faster.
(d) To be quiet.
9. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is toiling against herself.
(d) She is exhausted from thinking.
10. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
(a) SS soldiers run away.
(b) Bombs drop.
(c) Gunfire erupts.
(d) Trains crash.
11. After Elli's last train ride under the German soldiers' control, who is there when the doors open?
(a) Josef Mengele.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) More German soldiers.
(d) Local townpeople.
12. After discussing Elli's age, what does the local woman do as she leaves?
(a) She cries.
(b) She pats Elli.
(c) She makes the sign of the cross.
(d) She hugs Elli.
13. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
(a) With a fake name.
(b) With her mother's name.
(c) With her tattooed number.
(d) With her sister's name.
14. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) One hundred to a car.
(b) Without dinner.
(d) With new shoes.
15. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Give them aid.
(b) Run from them.
(c) Push the train cars away.
(d) Take them home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When women strip for guards, what is the one possession they retain?
2. What does Mr. Scheidel bring Elli?
3. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
4. Where did Bubi's father die?
5. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)