|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
2. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
(a) Gas filled the air.
(b) The heat and lack of air.
(c) The snow.
(d) The closed cars.
3. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
(a) They sneaked food in them.
(b) They stole money from them.
(c) They could not break into them.
(d) They knew nothing of them.
4. During the rainstorm, what does the commander tell the women?
(a) To work faster.
(b) To go inside.
(c) To continue working.
(d) To be quiet.
5. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
6. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
(a) Camp Landsberg is full of men.
(b) Too many women have died.
(c) Camp Landsberg is filled to capacity.
(d) The women are too weak to work.
7. When Elli arrived at Auschwitz the second time, what are the new barracks like?
(a) They have no blankets.
(b) They are tiers of bunks.
(c) They are cleaner than their previous ones.
(d) They are made of metal.
8. What is Elli, Laura and Bubi's home like after the war?
(a) Completely torn down.
(b) Empty except for piles of human excrement.
(c) Exactly as they left it.
(d) Full of other people's belongings.
9. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
(a) Laura knocks food over.
(b) A guard kicks her down.
(c) Laura falls over.
(d) A guard cruelly twists her arm.
10. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
(a) Dumps it out.
(b) Gives it away.
(c) Continues to eat it.
11. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
(a) They were not fed.
(b) A reasonable amount of good food.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) The same as always.
12. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Give them aid.
(b) Run from them.
(c) Take them home.
(d) Push the train cars away.
13. What time do Elli and Laura take a daily lunch break?
(a) 1:30 p.m.
(b) They never receive a lunch break.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
14. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what does Laura do?
(a) Drinks water.
(b) Searches for Bubi.
(c) Finds food.
(d) Cries on the tracks.
15. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fire on the train formation.
(b) Drop bombs.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Fly away.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day of the scheduled decimation, what happens?
2. When women strip for guards, what is the one possession they retain?
3. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
4. How does Elli respond to the local woman guessing her age?
5. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)