|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elli feel in her home town after the war?
(a) As if she does not belong.
(b) As if she is not a Jew.
(c) As if she had never left.
(d) As if she is in danger.
2. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
(a) Elli gives him a nasty look.
(b) Elli argues with him.
(c) Elli does not give him her shoes.
(d) Elli jumps on him to defend her mother.
3. Why does the family wait at their home after the war?
(a) To see their friends return.
(b) To see if father returns.
(c) To find their buried belongings.
(d) To unearth their neighbors' belongings.
4. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
5. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
(a) A guard shot her foot.
(b) A train ran her over.
(c) A soldier beat her head.
(d) A bed pinned Laura in an unnatural position.
6. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) With new shoes.
(b) One hundred to a car.
(d) Without dinner.
7. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
(a) By age.
(b) By weight.
(c) By hair and eye color.
(d) By height.
8. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
(a) To pass him off as a woman.
(b) To keep the cloth with the family.
(c) To stop his bleeding.
(d) To see him in crowds.
9. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
(a) Elli should find Bubi.
(b) She can't go on.
(c) To get her water.
(d) To survive.
10. Where did Bubi's father die?
11. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
(a) A group of bystanders, who throw food at the prisoners.
(b) More priosners.
(c) New guards.
(d) Trucks with red crosses painted on them.
12. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
(a) Hide between the stalks.
(b) Fight the guards.
(c) Run for help.
(d) Eat the corn.
13. After the war, what do the three vow?
(a) Always to save money.
(b) Never to marry.
(c) Never to separate.
(d) Always to pray.
14. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what do the SS guards immediately do?
(b) Force them to strip.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Give them bread.
15. After Elli's last train ride under the German soldiers' control, who is there when the doors open?
(a) American soldiers.
(b) More German soldiers.
(c) Local townpeople.
(d) Josef Mengele.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the train, why could a girl not see?
2. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
3. Who plans to help the family in New York?
4. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
5. After discussing Elli's age, what does the local woman do as she leaves?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)