|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
2. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
(a) Laura knocks food over.
(b) Laura falls over.
(c) A guard kicks her down.
(d) A guard cruelly twists her arm.
3. Immediately following their freedom, how does a man who spoke Yiddish help?
(a) He translates for the passengers.
(b) He relays doctors' orders to the passengers.
(c) He gives the passengers food.
(d) He brings the passengers clothing.
4. If Elli and her mother fail to keep pace at work, what is to be their punishment?
(c) Reduced food rations.
(d) A standing stall.
5. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A compress.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A shoelace.
6. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
(a) Saved her soup for Elli.
(b) Kept bread for Elli.
(c) Stolen an extra blanket for Elli.
(d) Found Elli's coat.
7. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the guards tell the prisoners?
(a) To steal food if they want some.
(b) To lie to locals about their situations.
(c) To come to the window of the cars for hot soup.
(d) To stay on the trains.
8. Why does the family wait at their home after the war?
(a) To unearth their neighbors' belongings.
(b) To see if father returns.
(c) To find their buried belongings.
(d) To see their friends return.
9. What time do Elli and Laura take a daily lunch break?
(b) They never receive a lunch break.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 p.m.
10. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not care.
(b) She can not go faster.
(c) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(d) She does not want to hurry.
11. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
(a) New guards.
(b) A group of bystanders, who throw food at the prisoners.
(c) Trucks with red crosses painted on them.
(d) More priosners.
12. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
(a) A movement for more food.
(b) A plan to liberate the inmates.
(c) A plan to steal from the factories.
(d) An undercover reporter's investigation.
13. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, how does Laura behave?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She becomes delirious.
(d) She refuses to lie down.
14. How do Elli, Laura, and Bubi make the trip home?
(a) On an airplane.
(b) With help from American soldiers and a train.
(c) In a bus.
(d) With money from the locals.
15. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Half hour.
(c) They never recieve a lunch break.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
2. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
3. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
4. When Elli arrived at Auschwitz the second time, what are the new barracks like?
5. Where does Bubi receive permission to attend school after the war?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)