|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the women waited to travel from Plaszow, what news do they receive?
(a) People will be let off soon.
(b) Thirty more people will be added to each car.
(c) Food will be distributed soon.
(d) Dr. Mengele is dead.
2. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(a) Extra blankets.
(b) A tattoo.
3. What convinces Elli of her father's death?
(a) A guard.
(b) Another prisoner's message.
(c) A dream.
(d) The sunset.
4. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
(a) Their treatment becomes worse.
(b) Their food rations increase, as does their work.
(c) Their treatment becomes better.
(d) Their treatment does not change.
5. Where did Bubi's father die?
6. Immediately following their freedom, what confuses Elli and the other passengers?
(a) The men who opened the doors speak a different language.
(b) The men offer them food.
(c) The men speak Polish.
(d) The men tell them to get off the train.
7. At what point does Elli say she is a true concentration camp inmate?
(a) The first day.
(b) At seven and a half weeks.
(c) After a month.
(d) When a friend dies.
8. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
(a) A soldier beat her head.
(b) A train ran her over.
(c) A guard shot her foot.
(d) A bed pinned Laura in an unnatural position.
9. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
(a) An undercover reporter's investigation.
(b) A plan to steal from the factories.
(c) A movement for more food.
(d) A plan to liberate the inmates.
10. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
(a) From a candle.
(b) With stolen gas.
(c) From a potato and oil.
(d) With a lightbulb.
11. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
(a) They could not break into them.
(b) They knew nothing of them.
(c) They stole money from them.
(d) They sneaked food in them.
12. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
(a) Camp Landsberg is full of men.
(b) Too many women have died.
(c) The women are too weak to work.
(d) Camp Landsberg is filled to capacity.
13. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
(a) The heat and lack of air.
(b) Gas filled the air.
(c) The closed cars.
(d) The snow.
14. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
(a) Trains crash.
(b) Gunfire erupts.
(c) Bombs drop.
(d) SS soldiers run away.
15. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) New York.
(c) The Constitution of America.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
2. Immediately following their freedom, how does a man who spoke Yiddish help?
3. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
4. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
5. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)