|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what do the three vow?
(a) Always to pray.
(b) Always to save money.
(c) Never to separate.
(d) Never to marry.
2. Immediately following their freedom, how does a man who spoke Yiddish help?
(a) He relays doctors' orders to the passengers.
(b) He gives the passengers food.
(c) He brings the passengers clothing.
(d) He translates for the passengers.
3. How does Elli first feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
4. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
(a) Organizing clothes.
(b) Cleaning the stables.
(c) Scrubbing the floors.
(d) Working in the kitchen.
5. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Half hour.
(d) They never recieve a lunch break.
6. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Run from them.
(b) Take them home.
(c) Push the train cars away.
(d) Give them aid.
7. How does Elli respond to the local woman guessing her age?
(a) "I am tired."
(b) "This too shall pass."
(c) "It is always night."
(d) "I have lived a thousand years."
8. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
(a) Laura is quite ill.
(b) She cannot live much longer.
(c) She is alone.
(d) Hitler is not dead.
9. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
10. At what point does Elli say she is a true concentration camp inmate?
(a) When a friend dies.
(b) At seven and a half weeks.
(c) The first day.
(d) After a month.
11. When do Elli, Laura, and Bubi begin making the trip home?
(a) June of 1945.
(b) Fall of 1945.
(d) Winter of 1946.
12. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
(a) They think the women are to be stronger.
(b) They think fewer prisoners are coming.
(c) They think the women are men.
(d) They think the SS would be more helpful.
13. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
(b) Continues to eat it.
(c) Dumps it out.
(d) Gives it away.
14. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
(a) Trucks with red crosses painted on them.
(b) New guards.
(c) More priosners.
(d) A group of bystanders, who throw food at the prisoners.
15. How do the guards carry out an act of decimation?
(a) Prisoners must choose which one dies.
(b) Prisoners form a line, and every tenth one is shot.
(c) Prisoners are forced awake for days.
(d) Prisoners work without food or water.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
2. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
3. What time do Elli and Laura take a daily lunch break?
4. On the train, why could a girl not see?
5. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)