|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what do the SS guards immediately do?
(b) Beat them.
(c) Force them to strip.
(d) Give them bread.
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
(a) Their treatment becomes better.
(b) Their food rations increase, as does their work.
(c) Their treatment does not change.
(d) Their treatment becomes worse.
3. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
(a) A bed pinned Laura in an unnatural position.
(b) A soldier beat her head.
(c) A train ran her over.
(d) A guard shot her foot.
4. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
(a) Leveling a hillside.
(b) Sewing blankets.
(c) Cleaning clothes.
(d) Assembling guns.
5. On the train, why could a girl not see?
(a) She stabbed herself.
(b) She had poison in her eye.
(c) She was shot in the eye.
(d) She had a needle in her eye.
6. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
(a) The snow.
(b) The heat and lack of air.
(c) The closed cars.
(d) Gas filled the air.
7. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
(a) Stolen an extra blanket for Elli.
(b) Saved her soup for Elli.
(c) Found Elli's coat.
(d) Kept bread for Elli.
8. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(b) One hundred to a car.
(c) Without dinner.
(d) With new shoes.
9. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
(a) Laura knocks food over.
(b) A guard cruelly twists her arm.
(c) A guard kicks her down.
(d) Laura falls over.
10. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
(a) The Constitution of America.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) New York.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
11. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
12. How does Elli get Laura out of the infirmary?
(a) By carrying her.
(b) With help from other women.
(c) With a cart.
(d) By making Laura walk.
13. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is toiling against herself.
(d) She is exhausted from thinking.
14. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
(a) Gunfire erupts.
(b) SS soldiers run away.
(c) Trains crash.
(d) Bombs drop.
15. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fly away.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Fire on the train formation.
(d) Drop bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
2. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
3. Immediately following their freedom, what confuses Elli and the other passengers?
4. On the day of the scheduled decimation, what happens?
5. What does Mr. Scheidel bring Elli?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)