|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) They never recieve a lunch break.
(c) An hour.
(d) Half hour.
2. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, how does Laura behave?
(a) She refuses to lie down.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She becomes delirious.
3. After the war, what do the three vow?
(a) Always to save money.
(b) Never to marry.
(c) Never to separate.
(d) Always to pray.
4. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
(a) Many attemped suicide.
(b) Several cried.
(c) They jumped with excitement.
(d) Several laughed.
5. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
(a) Continues to eat it.
(b) Gives it away.
(d) Dumps it out.
6. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
(a) A shoelace.
(b) A compress.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A kerchief.
7. At the Muhldorf train station, Elli and Laura lose sight of whom?
(a) The SS guards.
(c) Aunt Celia.
(d) Each other.
8. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
(a) To keep the cloth with the family.
(b) To see him in crowds.
(c) To pass him off as a woman.
(d) To stop his bleeding.
9. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She cannot live much longer.
(c) Hitler is not dead.
(d) Laura is quite ill.
10. On the day of the scheduled decimation, what happens?
(a) The guards do not come to work.
(b) The guards threaten other punishments.
(c) The women revolt.
(d) The women are forced to work as usual.
11. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what happens to the bed above Elli and Laura?
(a) It is lumpy.
(b) It is taken away.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It has a broken plank.
12. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
(a) People cheering them on.
(d) The cooling air temperature.
13. What is Elli's punishment for retrieving her coat?
(a) Scrubbing bathroom floors.
(b) Standing in a hall all day without water or food.
(c) Kneeling on uncooked rice for an hour.
(d) Running in the snow.
14. Who plans to help the family in New York?
(b) A cousin.
(c) No one.
(d) Their uncle.
15. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(c) A tattoo.
(d) Extra blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
2. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
3. After discussing Elli's age, what does the local woman do as she leaves?
4. What happens to those who remain in the infirmary longer than three weeks at Auschwitz?
5. After the war, how does Laura earn money for food?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)