|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elli get Laura out of the infirmary?
(a) With help from other women.
(b) With a cart.
(c) By making Laura walk.
(d) By carrying her.
2. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
(a) With stolen gas.
(b) With a lightbulb.
(c) From a potato and oil.
(d) From a candle.
3. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) With new shoes.
(b) One hundred to a car.
(d) Without dinner.
4. What do the soldiers remove from the train cars?
5. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Take them home.
(b) Run from them.
(c) Give them aid.
(d) Push the train cars away.
6. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
(a) They stole money from them.
(b) They knew nothing of them.
(c) They sneaked food in them.
(d) They could not break into them.
7. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is toiling against herself.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is exhausted from thinking.
8. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
(a) Eat the corn.
(b) Hide between the stalks.
(c) Run for help.
(d) Fight the guards.
9. What does Mr. Scheidel bring Elli?
(a) Clippings of the newspaper.
(b) Crusts of bread.
(c) Potato scraps.
(d) Raw meat.
10. After the attempted uprising, what rumor do the women hear?
(a) Guards are sending them to the gas chambers.
(b) Americans are coming.
(c) Hitler is dead.
(d) Food will stop being served.
11. After Elli's last train ride under the German soldiers' control, who is there when the doors open?
(a) Josef Mengele.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) More German soldiers.
(d) Local townpeople.
12. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For numbering.
(b) For showers and examinations.
(c) For new prisoners.
(d) For new clothes.
13. When women strip for guards, what is the one possession they retain?
(a) Their underwear.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their blankets.
14. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not want to hurry.
(b) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(c) She can not go faster.
(d) She does not care.
15. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
(a) By age.
(b) By weight.
(c) By hair and eye color.
(d) By height.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
2. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
3. Why does the family wait at their home after the war?
4. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
5. Where does Bubi receive permission to attend school after the war?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)