|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Muhldorf train station, Elli and Laura lose sight of whom?
(a) Aunt Celia.
(b) The SS guards.
(c) Each other.
2. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
(a) A bed pinned Laura in an unnatural position.
(b) A guard shot her foot.
(c) A train ran her over.
(d) A soldier beat her head.
3. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
(a) Cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Scrubbing the barrack's floors.
(d) Moving dirt.
4. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is exhausted from thinking.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is toiling against herself.
5. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
(a) Stolen an extra blanket for Elli.
(b) Kept bread for Elli.
(c) Saved her soup for Elli.
(d) Found Elli's coat.
6. On the night of Laura's injury at Auschwitz, what does Elli do?
(a) Keeps praying.
(b) Barely sleeps.
(c) Remains with Laura.
(d) Cries in her bunk alone.
7. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Give them aid.
(b) Run from them.
(c) Push the train cars away.
(d) Take them home.
8. Where did Bubi's father die?
9. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) A rough dress and small shoes.
(b) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
(c) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
(d) A pink dress and worn coat.
10. If Elli and her mother fail to keep pace at work, what is to be their punishment?
(a) A standing stall.
(b) Reduced food rations.
11. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
(a) A guard cruelly twists her arm.
(b) Laura knocks food over.
(c) A guard kicks her down.
(d) Laura falls over.
12. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(b) A tattoo.
(d) Extra blankets.
13. How does Laura pass roll call with her injury?
(a) Elli and friends prop her up.
(b) Laura stands only when guards are present.
(c) Elli bribes the guard.
(d) Laura sits down.
14. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For new prisoners.
(b) For showers and examinations.
(c) For new clothes.
(d) For numbering.
15. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
(a) They fall into bed, inconsolable.
(b) They physically fight each other.
(c) They do not sleep at all.
(d) They laugh at each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elli respond to the local woman guessing her age?
2. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
3. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
4. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
5. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)