|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
(a) Laura is quite ill.
(b) She is alone.
(c) Hitler is not dead.
(d) She cannot live much longer.
2. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For showers and examinations.
(b) For numbering.
(c) For new prisoners.
(d) For new clothes.
3. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
(a) Gunfire erupts.
(b) Trains crash.
(c) Bombs drop.
(d) SS soldiers run away.
4. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, what happens to women's food?
(a) It is downgraded.
(b) It becomes better.
(c) It remains unchanged.
(d) It stops being served.
5. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
(a) From a candle.
(b) With a lightbulb.
(c) With stolen gas.
(d) From a potato and oil.
6. After the war, how does Laura earn money for food?
(a) Translating papers.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Cleaning homes.
(d) Sewing for Russian girls.
7. What is Elli's punishment for retrieving her coat?
(a) Kneeling on uncooked rice for an hour.
(b) Standing in a hall all day without water or food.
(c) Running in the snow.
(d) Scrubbing bathroom floors.
8. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
(a) Elli does not give him her shoes.
(b) Elli jumps on him to defend her mother.
(c) Elli argues with him.
(d) Elli gives him a nasty look.
9. What convinces Elli of her father's death?
(a) A dream.
(b) Another prisoner's message.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A guard.
10. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) One hundred to a car.
(b) Without dinner.
(d) With new shoes.
11. Where did Bubi's father die?
12. On the day of the scheduled decimation, what happens?
(a) The guards threaten other punishments.
(b) The women revolt.
(c) The women are forced to work as usual.
(d) The guards do not come to work.
13. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fly away.
(b) Fire on the train formation.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Drop bombs.
14. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
(a) A plan to liberate the inmates.
(b) A plan to steal from the factories.
(c) A movement for more food.
(d) An undercover reporter's investigation.
15. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
2. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
3. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
4. Immediately following their freedom, what confuses Elli and the other passengers?
5. How do the guards carry out an act of decimation?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)