Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
(a) With stolen gas.
(b) From a potato and oil.
(c) From a candle.
(d) With a lightbulb.
2. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
(a) Stolen an extra blanket for Elli.
(b) Found Elli's coat.
(c) Kept bread for Elli.
(d) Saved her soup for Elli.
3. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
(a) People cheering them on.
(c) The cooling air temperature.
4. After the women waited to travel from Plaszow, what news do they receive?
(a) Food will be distributed soon.
(b) People will be let off soon.
(c) Thirty more people will be added to each car.
(d) Dr. Mengele is dead.
5. Why does the family wait at their home after the war?
(a) To find their buried belongings.
(b) To see their friends return.
(c) To unearth their neighbors' belongings.
(d) To see if father returns.
6. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) The same as always.
(c) A reasonable amount of good food.
(d) They were not fed.
7. Where does Bubi receive permission to attend school after the war?
(b) New York.
8. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
(a) Laura is quite ill.
(b) She is alone.
(c) Hitler is not dead.
(d) She cannot live much longer.
9. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fire on the train formation.
(b) Drop bombs.
(c) Fly away.
(d) Take pictures.
10. What does Mr. Scheidel bring Elli?
(a) Clippings of the newspaper.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Crusts of bread.
(d) Potato scraps.
11. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
(a) Assembling guns.
(b) Sewing blankets.
(c) Cleaning clothes.
(d) Leveling a hillside.
12. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
(a) To stop his bleeding.
(b) To keep the cloth with the family.
(c) To see him in crowds.
(d) To pass him off as a woman.
13. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Working in the kitchen.
(c) Organizing clothes.
(d) Cleaning the stables.
14. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
15. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, what do the military guards begin doing?
(a) Carrying whips and avoiding the women.
(b) Staying away from the SS guards.
(c) Keeping track of the SS guard's actions.
(d) Arguing with the SS guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
2. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
3. How does Elli feel in her home town after the war?
4. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
5. When do Elli, Laura, and Bubi begin making the trip home?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)