|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
(a) Eat their reserves.
(b) Read a prayer book.
(c) Sleep extra.
(d) Give away their blankets.
2. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
3. Where did Bubi's father die?
4. After the attempted uprising, what rumor do the women hear?
(a) Hitler is dead.
(b) Food will stop being served.
(c) Americans are coming.
(d) Guards are sending them to the gas chambers.
5. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
(a) The women are too weak to work.
(b) Camp Landsberg is full of men.
(c) Too many women have died.
(d) Camp Landsberg is filled to capacity.
6. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not care.
(b) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(c) She can not go faster.
(d) She does not want to hurry.
7. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
(a) Moving dirt.
(b) Cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Scrubbing the barrack's floors.
8. How does Elli first feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
9. What is Elli's punishment for visiting her mother every morning at the infirmary?
(a) Not eating for a day.
(b) A whipping.
(c) Kneeling for twenty-four hours.
(d) Cleaning all night.
10. Where does Bubi receive permission to attend school after the war?
(c) New York.
11. On the night of Laura's injury at Auschwitz, what does Elli do?
(a) Cries in her bunk alone.
(b) Remains with Laura.
(c) Barely sleeps.
(d) Keeps praying.
12. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Run from them.
(b) Push the train cars away.
(c) Give them aid.
(d) Take them home.
13. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
(a) By age.
(b) By height.
(c) By weight.
(d) By hair and eye color.
14. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
(a) They were not fed.
(b) A reasonable amount of good food.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) The same as always.
15. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) A rough dress and small shoes.
(b) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
(c) A pink dress and worn coat.
(d) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
2. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the guards tell the prisoners?
3. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
4. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
5. Immediately following their freedom, how does a man who spoke Yiddish help?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)