|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(b) Extra blankets.
(c) A tattoo.
2. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) They never recieve a lunch break.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half hour.
(d) An hour.
3. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the guards tell the prisoners?
(a) To stay on the trains.
(b) To come to the window of the cars for hot soup.
(c) To steal food if they want some.
(d) To lie to locals about their situations.
4. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(b) She can not go faster.
(c) She does not care.
(d) She does not want to hurry.
5. What is Elli's punishment for visiting her mother every morning at the infirmary?
(a) Kneeling for twenty-four hours.
(b) A whipping.
(c) Not eating for a day.
(d) Cleaning all night.
6. What does Mr. Scheidel bring Elli?
(a) Raw meat.
(b) Potato scraps.
(c) Crusts of bread.
(d) Clippings of the newspaper.
7. Immediately following their freedom, what confuses Elli and the other passengers?
(a) The men offer them food.
(b) The men who opened the doors speak a different language.
(c) The men tell them to get off the train.
(d) The men speak Polish.
8. How does Elli first feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
9. How does Elli feel in her home town after the war?
(a) As if she is in danger.
(b) As if she is not a Jew.
(c) As if she does not belong.
(d) As if she had never left.
10. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
(a) They fall into bed, inconsolable.
(b) They laugh at each other.
(c) They do not sleep at all.
(d) They physically fight each other.
11. After Elli's last train ride under the German soldiers' control, who is there when the doors open?
(a) Josef Mengele.
(b) Local townpeople.
(c) More German soldiers.
(d) American soldiers.
12. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
(a) Working in the kitchen.
(b) Cleaning the stables.
(c) Scrubbing the floors.
(d) Organizing clothes.
13. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
(a) Eat their reserves.
(b) Read a prayer book.
(c) Sleep extra.
(d) Give away their blankets.
14. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fly away.
(b) Drop bombs.
(c) Fire on the train formation.
(d) Take pictures.
15. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
(a) Moving dirt.
(b) Cleaning the kitchen.
(d) Scrubbing the barrack's floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Elli, Laura, and Bubi begin making the trip home?
2. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
3. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
4. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
5. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)