|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elli believe her mother slights her?
(a) Elli is not like Laura.
(b) Elli is too much like her father.
(c) Elli is not pretty.
(d) Elli doesn't like Bubi.
2. How does Elli work in school?
(a) She makes good grades easily.
(b) She is incredibly ambitious.
(c) She does not concentrate well.
(d) She is sloppy in her work.
3. What happens to the women in the showers at Auschwitz?
(a) They are given soap.
(b) They are blasted with cold water.
(c) They are spashed with hot water.
(d) They are sprayed with poison.
4. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
(a) He constantly studies.
(b) He doesn't make good grades.
(c) He doesn't study.
(d) He does extra work.
5. As Bubi leaves his mother at Auschwitz, what does she see?
(a) Bubi is starting to cry.
(b) A SS guard knocks him down.
(c) Bubi takes off his shoes.
(d) Another prisoner takes his food.
6. How does Elli's planned meeting with Jansci occur?
(a) It never occurrs.
(b) They have nothing to talk about.
(c) They are very nervous.
(d) It goes well.
7. How long does it take Elli to arrive at Auschwitz?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four nights.
8. Why does Elli return to her school after the schools are closed?
(a) To say goodbye to everyone.
(b) To clean the school.
(c) To get her final report and diploma.
(d) To get her personal belongings.
9. During selection, what warning does Elli receive?
(a) To keep her nails clean.
(b) To dye her hair blonder.
(c) To steal food.
(d) To say she is sixteen.
10. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The river.
(c) The school.
(d) The synogogue.
11. What does Elli's father show her in the basement?
(a) Where he buried the family's valuable jewelry.
(b) Where to hide from soldiers.
(c) Where to keep her poetry and money.
(d) Where he hid her yellow bicycle.
12. What orders does the family receive on May 20 in regard to traveling?
(a) To bring only food.
(b) To take only what they can carry.
(c) To wear extra clothing.
(d) To take nothing.
13. Why do soldiers order Elli to go to Nagymagyar?
(a) To live with relatives.
(b) For relocation.
(c) For better schooling.
(d) To find Bubi.
14. As a young girl screams, what do the female prisoners begin to smell?
15. When Elli and Laura arrive at the waiting cart for Nagymagar, why are the soldiers angry?
(a) The firewood will not remain situated.
(b) One Jewish family brought too many belongings.
(c) The Jews are loud and angry.
(d) Two Jewish females remain free in an Aryan town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are many families sleeping in "The Ghetto"?
2. What surrendered possession bothers Elli the most?
3. When the guards force the women outside for roll call, what does Elli wish she had thought about earlier?
4. What does Elli learn from the town crier?
5. What do Elli and her mother do with their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)