|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was food distributed at Auschwitz?
(a) In brown bags.
(b) At the prisoners' beds.
(c) A single portion to five people.
(d) Only in the morning.
2. Where are many families sleeping in "The Ghetto"?
(b) The synagogue.
(c) In tents.
(d) Abandonded buildings.
3. How does Elli work in school?
(a) She is incredibly ambitious.
(b) She does not concentrate well.
(c) She is sloppy in her work.
(d) She makes good grades easily.
4. When Elli and Laura arrive at the waiting cart for Nagymagar, why are the soldiers angry?
(a) The firewood will not remain situated.
(b) Two Jewish females remain free in an Aryan town.
(c) One Jewish family brought too many belongings.
(d) The Jews are loud and angry.
5. For what are the women punished at Auschwitz?
(b) Talking to guards.
(c) Not cleaning their rooms enough.
(d) Sleeping too much.
6. How long does it take Elli to arrive at Auschwitz?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Four nights.
7. During selection, to what side do the guards send Aunt Serene?
(a) To the left.
(b) To a factory.
(c) Back to the cattle cars.
(d) To the right.
8. How does Bubbi's father react when he sees the story later in the papers?
(a) He considers going to Budapest in search of Bubi.
(b) He writes the paper a letter.
(c) He doesn't believe the paper.
(d) He calls Bubi at school.
9. What does Aunt Serena do with dishes before leaving on May 2?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Gives them away.
(c) Smashes them.
(d) Buries them.
10. What are Elli's family living quarters in "The Ghetto"?
(a) They share a home with two families.
(b) They have a tent.
(c) They live in a synogogue.
(d) They have a small three-room house.
11. What bothers Elli the most concerning her surrendered possession?
(a) She knew it was expensive.
(b) She never rode it.
(c) She had hope for a future from it.
(d) She saw a lack of communication with others.
12. After finding their cousins, where are Laura and Elli directed?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To a "lake."
(c) To a "bed."
(d) To the soup kitchen.
13. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
(a) He constantly studies.
(b) He doesn't study.
(c) He does extra work.
(d) He doesn't make good grades.
14. As the guards order women to take their blankets inside, what do they do to the women?
(a) Slap their wrists.
(b) Steal their food.
(c) Shoot at them.
(d) Hit them on the head.
15. After a guard takes the young girl during the riot, what do the females hear?
(a) A train pulling away.
(b) A shot.
(c) Guards yelling.
(d) Her tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Celia do on June 9 and 10?
2. Why does Elli not have the chance to graduate?
3. How do other boys react to Bubi's attitude concerning his yellow star?
4. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
5. What story does Bubbi tell his family in the middle of the night?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)