Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the setting as the story opens?
The town of Somorja in 1943.
2. How old is Elli as the story opens?
3. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
4. Where do Bonnie and Elli go to swim?
5. What purpose does the river in town often serve?
Watering herds of animals.
6. How does Laura demonstrate affection?
Laura is not demonstrative with affection.
7. Why does Elli believe her mother slights her?
Elli is not pretty.
This section contains 4,869 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)