|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 183 through 223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
(a) Their treatment becomes better.
(b) Their food rations increase, as does their work.
(c) Their treatment becomes worse.
(d) Their treatment does not change.
2. As a young girl screams, what do the female prisoners begin to smell?
3. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
(a) From a candle.
(b) With stolen gas.
(c) From a potato and oil.
(d) With a lightbulb.
4. What does the town crier announce concerning Jews and socialization?
(a) Jews are not allowed to speak to anyone.
(b) Jews are not allowed to socialize at all with Christians.
(c) Jews are not allowed to look at anyone.
(d) Jews are not allowed to talk about Christians.
5. After the war, how does Laura earn money for food?
(a) Cleaning homes.
(b) Translating papers.
(c) Tutoring students.
(d) Sewing for Russian girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
2. What are Suri and Hindi doing on June 9 and 10?
3. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
4. What time do Elli and Laura take a daily lunch break?
5. What happens to the women in the showers at Auschwitz?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)