|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 183 through 223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, how does Laura behave?
(a) She becomes delirious.
(b) She cries.
(c) She refuses to lie down.
(d) She runs away.
2. What future plans does Elli have for Budapest?
(a) To do research there.
(b) To attend medical school there.
(c) To live there while she attends seminary.
(d) To marry there.
3. Who plans to help the family in New York?
(a) Their uncle.
(c) No one.
(d) A cousin.
4. How does Laura pass roll call with her injury?
(a) Elli bribes the guard.
(b) Elli and friends prop her up.
(c) Laura sits down.
(d) Laura stands only when guards are present.
5. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) Helping her father at the restaurant.
(b) Reading and writing for school.
(c) Sitting at home with her mother.
(d) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Muhldorf train station, Elli and Laura lose sight of whom?
2. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
3. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
4. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
5. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)