|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143 through 182.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the book, why do the Hungarian police bother Elli's family?
(a) The police do not like Elli's father.
(b) The police know the family has hidden money.
(c) The police have complete control over the Jewish population.
(d) The police know that Bubi is smart.
2. What does Aunt Celia do on June 9 and 10?
(a) Takes more blankets.
(b) Steals food from the kitchen.
(c) Trades places with another woman.
(d) Beats a guard.
3. What do Elli and Laura first notice about "The Ghetto"?
(a) No one else obeys orders.
(b) Hundreds of people are crammed into a small area.
(c) Everyone is crying.
(d) The place is empty except for guards.
4. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
(a) She cannot live much longer.
(b) Hitler is not dead.
(c) Laura is quite ill.
(d) She is alone.
5. What surrendered possession bothers Elli the most?
(a) A gold locket.
(b) A radio.
(c) A yellow Schwinn.
(d) A grammar book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
2. What bothers Elli the most concerning her surrendered possession?
3. Later, after she has the clothes for a bit, how does Elli feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
4. What story does Bubbi tell his family in the middle of the night?
5. After the attempted uprising, what rumor do the women hear?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)