|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143 through 182.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What future plans does Elli have for Budapest?
(a) To marry there.
(b) To attend medical school there.
(c) To do research there.
(d) To live there while she attends seminary.
2. What are Elli's family living quarters in "The Ghetto"?
(a) They have a tent.
(b) They have a small three-room house.
(c) They share a home with two families.
(d) They live in a synogogue.
3. What do Elli and Laura first notice about "The Ghetto"?
(a) The place is empty except for guards.
(b) Everyone is crying.
(c) Hundreds of people are crammed into a small area.
(d) No one else obeys orders.
4. How does Elli handle being forced to wear the yellow star?
(a) She refuses to go out.
(b) She covers it.
(c) She cries when she goes outside.
(d) She wears it with pride.
5. What happens to the women in the showers at Auschwitz?
(a) They are blasted with cold water.
(b) They are sprayed with poison.
(c) They are spashed with hot water.
(d) They are given soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
2. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
3. When Elli sees her reflection on June 3, what is her reaction?
4. How do many families cook in "The Ghetto"?
5. Under what conditions does Elli leave her school?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)