|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143 through 182.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elli learn from the town crier?
(a) All Jews are to wear a yellow cloth star.
(b) Jews are not to shop at the grocery market.
(c) Jews are not to speak to Christians.
(d) All Jews are to stay inside during the day.
2. What does Aunt Serena do with dishes before leaving on May 2?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Gives them away.
(c) Smashes them.
(d) Buries them.
3. Who is Pinhas?
(a) A boy who likes Elli.
(b) A popular cook in the ghetto.
(c) A kind guard in the ghetto.
(d) A boy who helps Elli's family.
4. What does Laura do after she sees a worm in her soup?
(b) Continues to eat it.
(c) Dumps it out.
(d) Gives it away.
5. What does Elli's father show her in the basement?
(a) Where he hid her yellow bicycle.
(b) Where to hide from soldiers.
(c) Where to keep her poetry and money.
(d) Where he buried the family's valuable jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elli and Laura first notice about "The Ghetto"?
2. How does Elli's father react to Bubi's story from the middle of the night?
3. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
4. What time do Elli and Laura take a daily lunch break?
5. For what does Old Mr. Stern pray?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)