|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
(a) The food becomes putrid in the hot sun.
(b) Animals eat the food.
(c) Other prisoners steal the food.
(d) The food turns cold.
2. On what does Elli's poetry focus?
(a) The darker sides of life.
(c) Flowers and nature.
(d) Hard work.
3. How does Laura demonstrate affection?
(a) Laura gives lots of hugs and kisses.
(b) Laura is not demonstrative with affection.
(c) Laura writes her children notes.
(d) Laura reads stories at night.
4. What does Aunt Serena do with dishes before leaving on May 2?
(a) Gives them away.
(b) Buries them.
(c) Smashes them.
(d) Burns them.
5. When the inmates travel, why do they struggle to breathe?
(a) Gas filled the air.
(b) The closed cars.
(c) The snow.
(d) The heat and lack of air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the overall living conditions in "The Ghetto" for Jewish families?
2. How is Laura severely injured at Auschwitz?
3. How do many families cook in "The Ghetto"?
4. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
5. What is the penalty for Christians who socialize with Jews?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)