|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elli's father react to Bubi's story from the middle of the night?
(a) Bubi's father cries.
(b) Bubi's father makes plans.
(c) Bubi's father ignores him.
(d) Bubi's father keeps him at home.
2. Why do soldiers order Elli to go to Nagymagyar?
(a) For relocation.
(b) To find Bubi.
(c) To live with relatives.
(d) For better schooling.
3. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) Sitting at home with her mother.
(b) Helping her father at the restaurant.
(c) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
(d) Reading and writing for school.
4. Elli thinks her mother's favorite child is _______________.
5. What does Elli's father show her in the basement?
(a) Where he buried the family's valuable jewelry.
(b) Where to hide from soldiers.
(c) Where he hid her yellow bicycle.
(d) Where to keep her poetry and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elli get Laura out of the infirmary?
2. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
3. What do Elli and her mother do with their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
4. Why do Elli, her mother, aunt, and two cousins form a group at mealtime?
5. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)