|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
(a) Bubi returns on his own.
(b) Another father from the town helps Bubi.
(c) Bubi doesn't return.
(d) Bubi's father gets him.
2. What do Elli and Laura do on June 9 and 10?
(a) Clean cattle cars.
(b) Take blankets.
(c) Begin work in the kitchen.
(d) March away from Auschwitz.
3. Why does a girl have blood running down her leg?
(a) She started her period.
(b) A guard shot her.
(c) She hurt herself at work.
(d) She cut her leg.
4. When Elli arrived at Auschwitz the second time, what are the new barracks like?
(a) They are made of metal.
(b) They have no blankets.
(c) They are cleaner than their previous ones.
(d) They are tiers of bunks.
5. What bothers Elli the most concerning her surrendered possession?
(a) She knew it was expensive.
(b) She never rode it.
(c) She saw a lack of communication with others.
(d) She had hope for a future from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what does she realize?
2. What is each family supposed to take to Nagymagyar?
3. After their showers at Auschwitz, what do Elli and her mother desperately want?
4. As a young girl screams, what do the female prisoners begin to smell?
5. The night before the men are to leave for work camp, what does Laura's father spend time doing?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)