|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71 through 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During selection, what warning does Elli receive?
(a) To keep her nails clean.
(b) To say she is sixteen.
(c) To dye her hair blonder.
(d) To steal food.
2. After the women are driven into a room at Auschwitz, what happens to them?
(a) Forced at gunpoint to strip and are shaven.
(b) Bathed by cruel guards.
(c) Given a bed and towel.
(d) Beaten to strip.
3. What orders does the family receive on May 20 in regard to traveling?
(a) To take only what they can carry.
(b) To wear extra clothing.
(c) To bring only food.
(d) To take nothing.
4. At the start of the book, why do the Hungarian police bother Elli's family?
(a) The police do not like Elli's father.
(b) The police know that Bubi is smart.
(c) The police know the family has hidden money.
(d) The police have complete control over the Jewish population.
5. What do the guards do with all the Jews' books, documents, and photos?
(a) Put them in boxes.
(b) Collect them.
(d) Sort them into piles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their showers at Auschwitz, what do Elli and her mother desperately want?
2. On what does Elli's poetry focus?
3. What do Elli and her mother do with their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
4. How far is Nagymagyar from Elli's home?
5. Why had the woman in charge of the barracks paid a horrible price for her survival?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)