|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71 through 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
(a) He doesn't make good grades.
(b) He constantly studies.
(c) He doesn't study.
(d) He does extra work.
2. When Elli and Laura arrive at the waiting cart for Nagymagar, why are the soldiers angry?
(a) Two Jewish females remain free in an Aryan town.
(b) One Jewish family brought too many belongings.
(c) The Jews are loud and angry.
(d) The firewood will not remain situated.
3. What place does Elli describe as "the most notorious forced labor camp in Poland"?
4. What does the town crier announce concerning Jews and socialization?
(a) Jews are not allowed to socialize at all with Christians.
(b) Jews are not allowed to talk about Christians.
(c) Jews are not allowed to speak to anyone.
(d) Jews are not allowed to look at anyone.
5. At the start of the book, why do the Hungarian police bother Elli's family?
(a) The police have complete control over the Jewish population.
(b) The police know that Bubi is smart.
(c) The police do not like Elli's father.
(d) The police know the family has hidden money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
2. What does the town crier announce as forbidden access for Jews?
3. Who largely packs for Nagymagyar?
4. For what are the women punished at Auschwitz?
5. What are the overall living conditions in "The Ghetto" for Jewish families?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)