|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71 through 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the women punished at Auschwitz?
(a) Sleeping too much.
(c) Not cleaning their rooms enough.
(d) Talking to guards.
2. As the guards order women to take their blankets inside, what do they do to the women?
(a) Steal their food.
(b) Slap their wrists.
(c) Shoot at them.
(d) Hit them on the head.
3. Where does Elli finally place her poetry journal before leaving for the work camps?
(a) Leaves it on her bed.
(b) Puts it in a trash can.
(c) Gives it to Pista Szivos.
(d) Buries it in the synogogue.
4. Why does Laura hate leaving her sister behind at Auschwitz?
(a) Laura took care of Celia.
(b) Celia suffers from diarrhea.
(c) Laura cared for Celia's children.
(d) Celia is weak minded.
5. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) Reading and writing for school.
(b) Sitting at home with her mother.
(c) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
(d) Helping her father at the restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Celia do on June 9 and 10?
2. As a young girl screams, what do the female prisoners begin to smell?
3. The night before they are to leave for work camp, what is Elli's final image of her father?
4. What surrendered possession bothers Elli the most?
5. What do Elli and Laura first notice about "The Ghetto"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)