|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71 through 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is head of the barracks and inmates at Auschwitz?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A boy, passing himself off as a female.
(c) A nun.
(d) A large eighteen-year-old girl.
2. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The school.
(c) The river.
(d) The synogogue.
3. When Elli sees her reflection on June 3, what is her reaction?
(a) "I look like a man."
(b) She is pleasently surprised.
(c) "That isn't so bad."
(d) She is shocked.
4. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
(a) Bubi's father gets him.
(b) Bubi returns on his own.
(c) Another father from the town helps Bubi.
(d) Bubi doesn't return.
5. How long does it take Elli to arrive at Auschwitz?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Four nights.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is each family supposed to take to Nagymagyar?
2. What purpose does the river in town often serve?
3. What do Marta Kalman and her mother bring Elli?
4. During selection, what warning does Elli receive?
5. What future plans does Elli have for Budapest?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)