|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 35 through 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elli and Laura arrive at the waiting cart for Nagymagar, why are the soldiers angry?
(a) The firewood will not remain situated.
(b) Two Jewish females remain free in an Aryan town.
(c) The Jews are loud and angry.
(d) One Jewish family brought too many belongings.
2. What does the town crier announce concerning Jews and socialization?
(a) Jews are not allowed to socialize at all with Christians.
(b) Jews are not allowed to speak to anyone.
(c) Jews are not allowed to look at anyone.
(d) Jews are not allowed to talk about Christians.
3. What does Aunt Serena do with dishes before leaving on May 2?
(a) Gives them away.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Smashes them.
(d) Buries them.
4. The night before the men are to leave for work camp, what does Laura pack for their trip?
(a) Food and other supplies.
(b) Reading materials.
(c) Shirts and warm pants.
(d) Extra shoes and socks.
5. How old is Elli as the story opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elli returns to her school, what award does she learn she received?
2. Where does Elli finally place her poetry journal before leaving for the work camps?
3. What future plans does Elli have for Budapest?
4. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
5. What do the guards do with all the Jews' books, documents, and photos?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)