|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 35 through 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions does Elli leave her school?
(a) With her classmates crying.
(b) With a graduation party.
(c) With little notice.
(d) With taunts referring to her Jewish background.
2. What are the overall living conditions in "The Ghetto" for Jewish families?
(a) The families steal from each to survive.
(b) They know no one, and the place is filthy.
(c) They are comfortable and happy.
(d) They are under heavy guard with limited space.
3. What is the penalty for Christians who socialize with Jews?
(a) Loss of job.
(d) Suspended licenses.
4. How does Elli handle being forced to wear the yellow star?
(a) She refuses to go out.
(b) She cries when she goes outside.
(c) She wears it with pride.
(d) She covers it.
5. Why does Elli's father think ambition is a desirable trait?
(a) Ambition gives others confidence.
(b) Ambition makes others like you.
(c) Ambition shows you care.
(d) Ambition can make a person accomplish more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elli believe her mother slights her?
2. How does Elli's planned meeting with Jansci occur?
3. What bothers Elli the most concerning her surrendered possession?
4. How does Bubbi's father react when he sees the story later in the papers?
5. What orders does the family receive on May 20 in regard to traveling?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)