|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 12-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions does Elli leave her school?
(a) With a graduation party.
(b) With taunts referring to her Jewish background.
(c) With little notice.
(d) With her classmates crying.
2. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) Sitting at home with her mother.
(b) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
(c) Helping her father at the restaurant.
(d) Reading and writing for school.
3. What bothers Elli the most concerning her surrendered possession?
(a) She saw a lack of communication with others.
(b) She had hope for a future from it.
(c) She never rode it.
(d) She knew it was expensive.
4. At the start of the book, why do the Hungarian police bother Elli's family?
(a) The police know that Bubi is smart.
(b) The police have complete control over the Jewish population.
(c) The police know the family has hidden money.
(d) The police do not like Elli's father.
5. How does Bubi react to the news from the town crier?
(a) Bubi goes out during the day.
(b) Bubi speaks to Christians.
(c) Bubi shops at the grocery market.
(d) Bubi proudly creates a star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elli's father think ambition is a desirable trait?
2. Why does Elli believe her mother slights her?
3. What story does Bubbi tell his family in the middle of the night?
4. What does Elli learn from the town crier?
5. When Elli returns to her school, what award does she learn she received?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)