|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143 through 182.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she leaves town, how does Elli ride?
(a) So she can see her home.
(b) So the soldiers can't see her cry.
(c) With her back away from her house.
(d) With her eyes closed.
2. How do the guards carry out an act of decimation?
(a) Prisoners form a line, and every tenth one is shot.
(b) Prisoners must choose which one dies.
(c) Prisoners work without food or water.
(d) Prisoners are forced awake for days.
3. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
(a) They laugh at each other.
(b) They physically fight each other.
(c) They fall into bed, inconsolable.
(d) They do not sleep at all.
4. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
(a) A compress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A shoelace.
(d) A kerchief.
5. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) She does not care.
(b) She does not want to hurry.
(c) She can not go faster.
(d) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the rainstorm, what does the commander tell the women?
2. Whom does Elli's family share a house with in "The Ghetto"?
3. Why do Elli, her mother, aunt, and two cousins form a group at mealtime?
4. On the night of Laura's injury at Auschwitz, what does Elli do?
5. How old is Elli as the story opens?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)