|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 35 through 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the town crier announce as forbidden access for Jews?
(c) Public buildings.
2. At the start of the book, why do the Hungarian police bother Elli's family?
(a) The police know the family has hidden money.
(b) The police do not like Elli's father.
(c) The police have complete control over the Jewish population.
(d) The police know that Bubi is smart.
3. Why does Elli's father think ambition is a desirable trait?
(a) Ambition shows you care.
(b) Ambition gives others confidence.
(c) Ambition makes others like you.
(d) Ambition can make a person accomplish more.
4. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
(a) He doesn't make good grades.
(b) He constantly studies.
(c) He doesn't study.
(d) He does extra work.
5. How do many families cook in "The Ghetto"?
(a) They did not cook.
(b) In an oven.
(c) With a grill.
(d) Over an open fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do with all the Jews' books, documents, and photos?
2. How does Bubbi's father react when he sees the story later in the papers?
3. What is the setting as the story opens?
4. What does Elli's father show her in the basement?
5. Why does Elli believe her mother slights her?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)