|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the attempted uprising, what rumor do the women hear?
(a) Food will stop being served.
(b) Guards are sending them to the gas chambers.
(c) Hitler is dead.
(d) Americans are coming.
2. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
(a) Sewing blankets.
(b) Cleaning clothes.
(c) Assembling guns.
(d) Leveling a hillside.
3. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(c) A tattoo.
(d) Extra blankets.
4. What does a young girl do during a riot?
(a) Throws tables over.
(b) Beats her fists at a guard.
(c) Breaks down a door.
(d) Screams that someone is killing her mother.
5. When Elli and Laura arrive at the waiting cart for Nagymagar, why are the soldiers angry?
(a) The Jews are loud and angry.
(b) One Jewish family brought too many belongings.
(c) The firewood will not remain situated.
(d) Two Jewish females remain free in an Aryan town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do with all the Jews' books, documents, and photos?
2. How does Bubbi's father react when he sees the story later in the papers?
3. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
4. How do many families cook in "The Ghetto"?
5. If Elli and her mother fail to keep pace at work, what is to be their punishment?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)