|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elli return to her school after the schools are closed?
(a) To get her final report and diploma.
(b) To clean the school.
(c) To get her personal belongings.
(d) To say goodbye to everyone.
2. What is the penalty for Christians who socialize with Jews?
(a) Loss of job.
(c) Suspended licenses.
3. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
(b) Sitting at home with her mother.
(c) Helping her father at the restaurant.
(d) Reading and writing for school.
4. How do Laura and Elli plan to travel to Nagymagyar?
(a) In a car.
(b) On the final cart.
(c) On a big train.
(d) On a horse.
5. What is the setting as the story opens?
(a) Elli's school in 1945.
(b) The past, in the ghetto.
(c) The town of Somorja in 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Elli's family share a house with in "The Ghetto"?
2. What do Elli and Laura first notice about "The Ghetto"?
3. During the rainstorm, what does the commander tell the women?
4. As she leaves town, how does Elli ride?
5. How does Elli's father react to Bubi's story from the middle of the night?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)