|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 101 through 142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the aunt and cousins say about Elli and her mother's reaction to their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
(a) To send it back to the kitchen.
(b) To throw it away.
(c) To give it to them.
(d) To try eating more again.
2. After a guard takes the young girl during the riot, what do the females hear?
(a) Her tears.
(b) A shot.
(c) A train pulling away.
(d) Guards yelling.
3. During selection, what warning does Elli receive?
(a) To dye her hair blonder.
(b) To steal food.
(c) To say she is sixteen.
(d) To keep her nails clean.
4. How does Elli get Laura out of the infirmary?
(a) By carrying her.
(b) With help from other women.
(c) With a cart.
(d) By making Laura walk.
5. How does Elli feel as she travels away from Auschwitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
2. For what are the women punished at Auschwitz?
3. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
4. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
5. What does Aunt Serena do with dishes before leaving on May 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)