|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143 through 182.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the penalty for Christians who socialize with Jews?
(b) Suspended licenses.
(d) Loss of job.
2. On what does Elli's poetry focus?
(a) Hard work.
(b) The darker sides of life.
(d) Flowers and nature.
3. What do the guards do with all the Jews' books, documents, and photos?
(a) Put them in boxes.
(c) Collect them.
(d) Sort them into piles.
4. What does a young girl do during a riot?
(a) Screams that someone is killing her mother.
(b) Throws tables over.
(c) Breaks down a door.
(d) Beats her fists at a guard.
5. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
(a) She is exhausted from thinking.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is toiling against herself.
(d) She is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Celia do on June 9 and 10?
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, what do the military guards begin doing?
3. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
4. During selection, what warning does Elli receive?
5. What do the aunt and cousins say about Elli and her mother's reaction to their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)