Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Essay Topic 1
Martin Luther King, Jr.. was influenced by Mohandas Gandhi. In what ways did Gandhi directly influence Dr. King and the way he choose to fight for civil rights?
Essay Topic 2
Some may come to misunderstand the collaboration of a movement that pursues inclusion (the Civil Rights Movement) while celebrating individuality of a race (The Black Power Movement). Examine how these two "movements" can live in harmony even though they, by definition, are very different. Discuss the different attributes of each movement and their similarities. How do their differences speak to their ability to be cohesive?
Essay Topic 3
Martin Luther King, Jr., seemed to speak to the younger African Americans and have them join him in his fight for civil rights. Why do you believe that Dr. King targeted this specific audience? What was the significance of influencing students to take part in the non-violent fight for civil rights?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)