|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what did political rightists accuse Dr. King?
2. What year did Martin Luther King, Sr., die?
3. In what city did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
4. What was the publication date from Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined"?
5. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
Essay Topic 1
Martin Luther King, Jr., seemed to speak to the younger African Americans and have them join him in his fight for civil rights. Why do you believe that Dr. King targeted this specific audience? What was the significance of influencing students to take part in the non-violent fight for civil rights?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Martin Luther King, Jr.'s motivation for participating in the Civil Rights Movement. Why did he find it necessary to take on such a major role in the movement? How did he qualify as the leader of such a movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the sermons/speeches used for I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World. Discuss the importance of the sermon/speech's inclusion. Why is it important to have this speech/sermon serving as part of the whole? Why did you choose this sermon/speech as the most important of the text?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)