Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Martin Luther King, Jr., wanted all African Americans to be able to sing "America" (My Country 'tis of Thee) and have it be true for them in the literal sense. (From Chapter 2: "Facing the Challenge of a New Age") According to Martin Luther King, Jr., what needed to happen for African Americans to be able to sing "America" and hold it true in their hearts?
Dr. King was adamant about fighting for civil rights in a non-violent way. On the other hand, Robert Williams (Chapter 6; local president of the NAACP) choose violence as the way to freedom. Compare and contrast the non-violent and violent acts and their ability to work/or not towards the cause.
What role did Martin Luther King, Jr., have in the Civil Rights Movement? What were his titles and his involvement within each title? How did King use his influence to possess each leadership role?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)