|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the West fear the USSR?
2. What year was the Ebenezer Baptist church formed?
3. According to Chapter 12:"Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech," who was the great shaman of the Nation of Islam?
4. Where did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
5. What was the Nobel Peace Prize Committee looking for when they choose Dr. King as the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?
Essay Topic 1
The "Freedom Movement" included many "ins." Discuss the "ins" used in the "Freedom Movement." What was the importance of the "ins" from the "Freedom Movement"? What purpose did the "ins" serve? What did the "ins" prove? What was the effectiveness of the "ins"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Martin Luther King, Jr.'s motivation for participating in the Civil Rights Movement. Why did he find it necessary to take on such a major role in the movement? How did he qualify as the leader of such a movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the sermons/speeches used for I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World. Discuss the importance of the sermon/speech's inclusion. Why is it important to have this speech/sermon serving as part of the whole? Why did you choose this sermon/speech as the most important of the text?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)