Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the "Drum Major Instinct." What is the "Drum Major Instinct"? How did it develop? Upon what is it based ? What is the "Drum Major Instinct's" importance to the Civil Rights Movement? Why did Dr. King find it necessary to design a sermon around the "Drum Major Instinct"?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. King was adamant about fighting for civil rights in a non-violent way. On the other hand, Robert Williams (Chapter 6; local president of the NAACP) choose violence as the way to freedom. Compare and contrast the non-violent and violent acts and their ability to work/or not towards the cause.
Essay Topic 3
Martin Luther King, Jr.. was influenced by Mohandas Gandhi. In what ways did Gandhi directly influence Dr. King and the way he choose to fight for civil rights?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)