Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as the editor James M. Washington, stated throughout I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World that the African American churches played a major role in the efforts to end racial prejudice, segregation, and unfairly balanced civil rights. Discuss the role of the church and religion in the Civil Rights Movement. Why were the church and religion so important to the movement? How did Dr. King incorporate the church and religion into the movement? How did the incorporation of religion hold true to the theme of I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World and the Civil Rights Movement?
Describe the importance of Rosa Parks, the Montgomery Bus Boycott, and their association with the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement. How did each action affect the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement?
Martin Luther King, Jr.. was influenced by Mohandas Gandhi. In what ways did Gandhi directly influence Dr. King and the way he choose to fight for civil rights?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)