Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Essay Topic 1
Some may come to misunderstand the collaboration of a movement that pursues inclusion (the Civil Rights Movement) while celebrating individuality of a race (The Black Power Movement). Examine how these two "movements" can live in harmony even though they, by definition, are very different. Discuss the different attributes of each movement and their similarities. How do their differences speak to their ability to be cohesive?
Essay Topic 2
What role did Martin Luther King, Jr., have in the Civil Rights Movement? What were his titles and his involvement within each title? How did King use his influence to possess each leadership role?
Essay Topic 3
The fight for civil rights was a fight that pitted color against color: black against white. Therefore, regardless of what was the "right" thing to do, the movement was opposed at every turn. One major opposition was the labeling of African American as communists during the Cold War. Why did those who opposed the Civil Rights Movement chose to label African Americans as communists during the Cold War? What purpose did it serve "their cause"? Why did this label make such an impact on Martin Luther King, Jr.?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)