|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the location of the Civil Rights Movement and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s, involvement. Would Martin Luther King, Jr., been as involved in the movement if it was not central to his community? Why do you believe this?
Essay Topic 2
Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as the editor James M. Washington, stated throughout I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World that the African American churches played a major role in the efforts to end racial prejudice, segregation, and unfairly balanced civil rights. Discuss the role of the church and religion in the Civil Rights Movement. Why were the church and religion so important to the movement? How did Dr. King incorporate the church and religion into the movement? How did the incorporation of religion hold true to the theme of I Have A Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World and the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Black Consciousness Movement. What is the Black Consciousness Movement? What does the movement embody? Where are the necessary dimensions for the movement to succeed?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)