Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
3. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
Essay Topic 1
Martin Luther King, Jr., wanted all African Americans to be able to sing "America" (My Country 'tis of Thee) and have it be true for them in the literal sense. (From Chapter 2: "Facing the Challenge of a New Age") According to Martin Luther King, Jr., what needed to happen for African Americans to be able to sing "America" and hold it true in their hearts?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the location of the Civil Rights Movement and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s, involvement. Would Martin Luther King, Jr., been as involved in the movement if it was not central to his community? Why do you believe this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of Rosa Parks, the Montgomery Bus Boycott, and their association with the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement. How did each action affect the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)