|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 signed?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 7.
(c) July 2.
(d) June 12.
2. According to the footnotes on Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land," who is Judge Hooks?
(a) Dr. Terrance Hooks.
(b) Reverend Thomas Hooks.
(c) Reverend Dr. Benjamin Hooks.
(d) Dr. Arthur Hooks.
3. On what date were excerpts from the sermon from Chapter 19: "The Drum Major Instinct" played for Dr. King's nationally televised funeral service?
(a) February 19, 1968.
(b) April 9, 1968.
(c) June 9, 1968.
(d) October 19, 1968.
4. How old was Dr. King when he was assassinated?
5. What was the ethnicity of the people who attended the anti-war demonstration that Dr. King led?
(a) Black only.
(b) White only.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Hispanic, black, and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national convention did Reverend A.D. Williams, Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, maternal grandfather, found?
2. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the goal of a relationship with the government for African Americans?
3. What was the date that Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
4. Where did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
5. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what "spawned" the Cold War?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)