|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the footnotes on Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land," who is Judge Hooks?
(a) Dr. Arthur Hooks.
(b) Reverend Thomas Hooks.
(c) Dr. Terrance Hooks.
(d) Reverend Dr. Benjamin Hooks.
2. Who published Dr. King's book <i>Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community</i>?
(a) Harper and Row.
(b) Harper Collins.
(c) Viacom Inc.
(d) Random House.
3. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the "powerful" never lose?
4. Who was sworn into the presidency following the assassination of JFK?
(a) Richard M. Nixon.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Gerald R. Ford.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
5. What church was bombed that led Dr. King to deliver a sermon at the funeral of the little girls killed during the bombing?
(a) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(b) First Baptist Church.
(c) Southern Baptist Church of Virginia.
(d) First Baptist Church of Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 signed?
2. Who did Dr. King go to help in Memphis, Tennessee, during a strike against unfair labor practices?
3. What did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" discuss?
4. What was the name of the war primarily between the U.S. and the Soviet Union?
5. What year was the atom bombed dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)