|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what "spawned" the Cold War?
(a) Mutual fear and hostility.
(b) Mild disagreements.
(d) Need for power.
2. Why did the West fear the USSR?
(a) Because of the fear of the re-establishment of slavery.
(b) Because of the possible spread of communism throughout the world.
(c) Because of the influence of the USSR's leaders throughout the world.
(d) Because of the use of communistic law.
3. What was the date that Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) August 28, 1963.
(b) December 5, 1955.
(c) July 19, 1957.
(d) October 19, 1956.
4. What church was bombed that led Dr. King to deliver a sermon at the funeral of the little girls killed during the bombing?
(a) First Baptist Church.
(b) First Baptist Church of Montgomery.
(c) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(d) Southern Baptist Church of Virginia.
5. Where did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
(a) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
(b) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Congressional Baptist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
2. What is the name of one of the African American leaders that argued for the African American need for self-respect and self-help?
3. What did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" discuss?
4. Despite the Civil Rights Act of 1964, what were African Americans still denied in some parts of the South?
5. When did Dr. King deliver his last, and greatest, sermon?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to King's speech "A Time to Break Silence," who was the most "vicious modern dictator"?
2. What prompted the Nobel Peace Prize committee to search for the "greatest apostle of peace" in 1964?
3. What were the circumstances that surrounded King's "Eulogy for the Martyred Children"?
4. Why did Martin Luther King, Jr., describe Americans as "strange liberators" in "A Time to Break Silence"?
5. In King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", what did Martin Luther King, Jr., claim was the creed of the Negro's self-affirmation?
6. According to King's speech "A Time to Break Silence," what change did America make in effort to "quell the insurgency that Diem's methods had aroused"?
7. In "A Time to Break Silence," what did King claim was the irony behind the war in Vietnam?
8. According to King's speech "I Have A Dream," what can African Americans never be satisfied with?
9. Why did the Southern Christian Leadership Conference make their motto "To save the soul of America"?
10. According to King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", what is the only answer to mankind's problems?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)