|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the 37-year-old NAACP field secretary murdered on his front porch on June 12, 1963?
(a) William Pickens.
(b) Medgar Evans.
(c) Robert Bagnall.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
2. What year was the Ebenezer Baptist church formed?
3. What year was the atom bombed dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
4. Who was sworn into the presidency following the assassination of JFK?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Richard M. Nixon.
(d) Gerald R. Ford.
5. What work did Dr. King publish, according to Chapter 11 ("I Have A Dream"), when he was considered the "prophet of the hour"?
(a) "I've Been to the Mountaintop."
(b) "The Three Dimensions of a Complete Life."
(c) "What Is Your Life's Blueprint?"
(d) "Why We Can't Wait."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King accept his Nobel Peace Prize?
2. Who did Dr. King go to help in Memphis, Tennessee, during a strike against unfair labor practices?
3. On what date did Dr. King give the sermon from Chapter 19: "The Drum Major Instinct" at Ebenezer Baptist Church?
4. According to Chapter 16 "A Time To Break Silence," who did the United States find it "easier to engage in warfare" as opposed to the Soviet Union?
5. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the powerless never experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Martin Luther King, Jr., and Malcolm X declare America a "sick society"?
2. What did Martin Luther King, Jr., claim to be ironic about America's tension with the National Liberation Front?
3. During the delivery of King's Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech in 1964, he declared some "refusals." What were the two refusals that King put forth during his speech?
4. In King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", what did Martin Luther King, Jr., claim was the creed of the Negro's self-affirmation?
5. According to King's speech "I Have A Dream," what can African Americans never be satisfied with?
6. According to King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", what is the only answer to mankind's problems?
7. What did King, in his speech "A Time to Break Silence," claim the Vietnamese watched Americans do during the Vietnam War?
8. Martin Luther King, Jr., stated five dreams during his "I Have A Dream" speech. What were three of his "dreams"?
9. In his speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", Martin Luther King, Jr. stated that the United States mishandled money in regard to its own people. According to King, how did the United States misappropriate funds?
10. According to King's speech "I Have A Dream," who should be able to allow freedom to ring? Who did King include when he named the groups that should be allowed to "let freedom ring"?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)