|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church was bombed that led Dr. King to deliver a sermon at the funeral of the little girls killed during the bombing?
(a) First Baptist Church.
(b) First Baptist Church of Montgomery.
(c) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(d) Southern Baptist Church of Virginia.
2. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what did political rightists accuse Dr. King?
(a) Being unpatriotic.
(b) Being too patriotic.
(c) Being to forward thinking.
(d) Being too supportive.
3. What magazine did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" appear in?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Harper's Review.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) New York Times Magazine.
4. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
(a) January 1, 1970.
(b) December 5, 1967.
(c) October 28, 1975.
(d) August 16, 1967.
5. What kind of testing was banned on February 4, 1965, used to deny rights to vote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
2. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
3. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
4. What was the publication date from Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined"?
5. When did the war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union begin and end?
Short Essay Questions
1. According the introduction of Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here?", what happened in the United States during the Cold War to upset the Civil Rights Movement?
2. In 1967, as summarized in the introduction of Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here?," Martin Luther King, Jr., felt caught between two distinct groups for very different reasons. Who did King feel caught between and why?
3. According to the summary in the introduction of Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here?", what were the circumstances that surrounded King's last and most radical address to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference presidential address?
4. Why did political rightists, described in the introduction of Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here?," claim that Martin Luther King, Jr., was unpatriotic?
5. In King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", why did Martin Luther King, Jr., claim that the Negro had been "confined to the life of voicelessness and powerlessness"?
6. According to King's speech "Where Do We Go From Here?", what is the only answer to mankind's problems?
7. According to King's speech "I Have A Dream," what can African Americans never be satisfied with?
8. According to King's speech "A Time to Break Silence," what change did America make in effort to "quell the insurgency that Diem's methods had aroused"?
9. What did King, in his speech "A Time to Break Silence," claim the Vietnamese watched Americans do during the Vietnam War?
10. What did Martin Luther King, Jr., claim needed to be done to begin America's extraction from the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)