|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1964, what party was refused a seat by the Democratic National Convention?
(b) African American Republican Party.
(c) Mississippi Freedom Party.
(d) Democratic Party Representing Minorities of America.
2. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
3. What kind of testing was banned on February 4, 1965, used to deny rights to vote?
4. Who introduced Dr. King for his last and final sermon?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Michael Schwerner.
(c) Stokely Carmichael.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the powerless never experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" appear in?
2. What work did Dr. King publish, according to Chapter 11 ("I Have A Dream"), when he was considered the "prophet of the hour"?
3. When did the demonstrations in Selma, Alabama, reach their worst problems?
4. What street did Dr. King live on while growing up and while his father was pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church?
5. What was the true goal of the Black Power Movement?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)