|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What national convention did Reverend A.D. Williams, Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, maternal grandfather, found?
(a) National African American Convention.
(b) National Baptist Convention.
(c) National Pastoral Convention.
(d) National Religious Convention.
2. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
(a) Democratic Socialist.
(b) Liberal Democrat.
(c) Republican Socialist.
(d) Liberal Republican.
3. What quote from a civil rights hymn did President Johnson quote before a joint session of Congress in 1965?
(a) "We shall not be moved!"
(b) "Oh freedom!"
(c) "We shall overcome!"
(d) "Keep your eyes on the prize!"
4. Why did Dr. King admit that he felt depressed prior to giving the speech in Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land"?
(a) Because he had a family member pass away.
(b) Because he felt that no one was listening to him.
(c) Because of the violence and rioting that preceded the speech.
(d) Because he felt progress was not moving fast enough for him.
5. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
(b) Unappreciative and un-American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. King accept his Nobel Peace Prize?
2. What was the date that Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
3. On what date did Dr. King accept his Nobel Peace Prize?
4. According to Chapter 12:"Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech," who was the great shaman of the Nation of Islam?
5. When did Dr. King speak publicly in an anti-war demonstration?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)