|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What national convention did Reverend A.D. Williams, Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, maternal grandfather, found?
(a) National Pastoral Convention.
(b) National African American Convention.
(c) National Baptist Convention.
(d) National Religious Convention.
2. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the "powerful" never lose?
3. In what city did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
4. According to the footnotes on Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land," what position did Judge Hooks hold in the NAACP?
(a) Executive Director.
(b) Regional Director.
(c) National Director.
5. What year did Martin Luther King, Sr., die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found on a farm near Philadelphia, Mississippi, on August 4, 1964?
2. Why did Dr. King admit that he felt depressed prior to giving the speech in Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land"?
3. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the goal of a relationship with the government for African Americans?
4. On what date did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
5. Despite opposition, what two universities did President John F. Kennedy authorize federal marshals to accompany black students to registration?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)