|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a pseudonym for the Civil Rights Movement?
(a) Call to Voice.
(b) Freedom Movement.
(c) Free for All Persons.
(d) All Are Equal.
2. In Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech, what does King say all Americans hold that is signed by the founders of the United States?
(a) A "lottery ticket."
(b) A "promise of intent."
(c) An "unpaid ticket."
(d) A "promissory note."
3. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
(a) Fuller Theological Seminary.
(b) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
(c) Southern Baptist Seminary.
(d) Crozer Theological Seminary.
4. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was punched.
(d) He was verbally assaulted.
5. What is the date notated at the beginning of Chapter 3, "The Power of Nonviolence"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was interstate traveling first challenged by an African American?
2. What staff member from the SCLC helped young people from the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) to think for themselves?
3. Who were Dr. and Mrs. King guests of during their stay in India?
4. What was the name of the first African American to challenge interstate travel bans?
5. On what date did the head of the Nation of Islam call upon African Americans to form a state of their own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reasons that King's trip to India kept getting put off?
2. According to King's speech "The Rising Tide of Racial Consciousness," why had some African Americans become cynical and disillusioned?
3. According to King's speech "Our Struggle," why did many black men lose their self-respect?
4. According to King's speech "Our Struggle," what were blacks asking for as part of the "southern pattern"?
5. According to King's speech "The Rising Tide of Racial Consciousness," what were the successful precedents that showed that civil rights could be obtained peacefully?
6. According to King's speech "The Rising Tide of Racial Consciousness," what were some of the factors that led to a new sense of self-respect on the part of the African American?
7. According to King's speech "Our Struggle," there were eight descriptions of the "New Negro." What were three of the eight of the descriptions?
8. What was ironic about King's entry into the Crozer Theological Seminary in September of 1948?
9. What happened on December 5, 1955?
10. What happened on December 1, 1955, to initiate the forward movement of the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)