|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dates of the demonstration at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
(a) July 9 and 16, 1961.
(b) June 5 and 7, 1961.
(c) December 5 and 7, 1961.
(d) August 5 and 9, 1961.
2. Who was the first black student to graduate from the high school in Arkansas on May 27, 1958?
(a) Stokeley Carmichael.
(b) Charles K. Steele.
(c) Ernest Green.
(d) Fred Shuttlesworth.
3. What position did Dr. King, while thirty-one, accept at a Baptist church?
(c) Youth pastor.
4. At what "Anniversary Conference" of the NUL did Dr. King deliver a speech?
5. Why were organizations such as NAACP and the NUL formed?
(a) To form anti-government organizations.
(b) To form violent organizations legally.
(c) To resist Jim Crow laws.
(d) To make people angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Dr. King's address to students at Berkeley (1957) to be published?
2. What month did Dr. King address the First Annual Institute on Non-Violence and Social Change?
3. On what date did Rosa Parks refuse to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus?
4. Dr. King reached out to his extensive religious contacts, including the National Baptist Convention, to organize what conference?
5. What date did the Montgomery buses become integrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools," what did the march demonstrate to him?
2. According to "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools," why should new graduates become dedicated fighters for civil rights?
3. When Rosa Parks was asked why she did not move from her seat on the bus, what did she answer?
4. According to King's speech "Our Struggle," how are the extreme race relations of the South explained?
5. According to "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools," what would "this generation" not take?
6. What was ironic about King's entry into the Crozer Theological Seminary in September of 1948?
7. According to King's speech "The Rising Tide of Racial Consciousness," what two fronts must the African American work on during the period of social change?
8. According to "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools," what would have happened in the United States if the country were to gain three million "southern Negro" votes?
9. What were the three reasons that blacks gave when asked why they did not expect the Montgomery Bus Boycott to succeed?
10. What happened on December 1, 1955, to initiate the forward movement of the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)