|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Dr. King publish, according to Chapter 11 ("I Have A Dream"), when he was considered the "prophet of the hour"?
(a) "Why We Can't Wait."
(b) "I've Been to the Mountaintop."
(c) "The Three Dimensions of a Complete Life."
(d) "What Is Your Life's Blueprint?"
2. What year did Martin Luther King, Sr., die?
3. What street did Dr. King live on while growing up and while his father was pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church?
(a) Hunter Drive.
(b) Platter Avenue.
(c) Auburn Avenue.
(d) North Drive.
4. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what did political rightists accuse Dr. King?
(a) Being to forward thinking.
(b) Being unpatriotic.
(c) Being too patriotic.
(d) Being too supportive.
5. According to Chapter 12:"Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech," who was the great shaman of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Benjamin F. Chavis, Jr.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Louis Farrakhan.
(d) Elijah Muhammad.
6. What must people of oppression accumulate to realize deliverance?
(a) The power to enforce change.
(b) The consciousness of a problem.
(c) The right to enforce change.
(d) The heart to want change.
7. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
(a) October 28, 1975.
(b) December 5, 1967.
(c) January 1, 1970.
(d) August 16, 1967.
8. Despite the Civil Rights Act of 1964, what were African Americans still denied in some parts of the South?
(a) Attending school.
(b) Holding government office.
(c) Owning businesses.
9. In what year was Dr. King's book Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community published?
10. What publication printed Dr. King's most historic and controversial address tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
(b) Negro History Bulletin.
(d) Ebony 21.
11. When did the demonstrations in Selma, Alabama, reach their worst problems?
(a) March 1 and 4, 1966.
(b) June 1 and 4, 1968.
(c) February 1 and 4, 1965.
(d) April 1 and 4, 1967.
12. What war began to take precedence over the Civil Rights Movement given that military presence was needed?
(a) WW II.
(b) WW I.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
13. Why did the West fear the USSR?
(a) Because of the possible spread of communism throughout the world.
(b) Because of the use of communistic law.
(c) Because of the influence of the USSR's leaders throughout the world.
(d) Because of the fear of the re-establishment of slavery.
14. What year was the Ebenezer Baptist church formed?
15. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the powerless never experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found on a farm near Philadelphia, Mississippi, on August 4, 1964?
2. What year was considered a momentous year in American history and in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
3. At what church did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
4. What church was Ebenezer Baptist Church an outgrowth of?
5. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)