|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began to question President Eisenhower's commitment to more troops in Vietnam?
(a) People of color.
(b) People in the military.
(c) People of conscience.
(d) People outside the United States.
2. Despite the Civil Rights Act of 1964, what were African Americans still denied in some parts of the South?
(a) Holding government office.
(b) Owning businesses.
(d) Attending school.
3. What two cities had riots erupt on July 18, 1964?
(a) New York City and Charleston.
(b) Dallas and St. Louis.
(c) Harlem and Brooklyn.
(d) Memphis and Birmingham.
4. When did the war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union begin and end?
5. On what date was the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 signed?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 12.
(c) June 7.
(d) July 2.
6. What was the name of the war primarily between the U.S. and the Soviet Union?
(a) The Russian-American War.
(b) The Russian Conflict.
(c) The Cold Conflict.
(d) The Cold War.
7. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
(a) Daddy King.
(b) Father K.
(c) Daddy Martin.
(d) Father M.
8. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
(a) James Chaney.
(b) Phoolan Devi.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Michael Schwerner.
9. What percentage of African Americans registered in Alabama voted in Alabama's Democratic Primary?
(a) Over 80 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) Over 95 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
10. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
11. What was found on a farm near Philadelphia, Mississippi, on August 4, 1964?
(a) A lynched black man.
(b) Three dead bodies of civil rights workers.
(c) An unfinished speech written by Dr. King.
(d) Anti-equality propaganda in the form of a barn painting.
12. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the goal of a relationship with the government for African Americans?
(a) To chastise the government into helping them.
(b) Having the government see African Americans as inarguably equal.
(c) The government finding it unwise and prudent to collaborate with African Americans.
(d) To stop the unnecessary deaths of African Americans.
13. What year did Martin Luther King, Sr., die?
14. According to Chapter 20: "I See the Promised Land," what did Dr. King have a deep sense of?
(a) American pride.
(b) Common ideals.
(c) Religious vocation.
(d) Hidden agendas.
15. What years did Frederick Douglas live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the Ebenezer Baptist church formed?
2. In what city did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
3. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
4. How old was Dr. King when he was assassinated?
5. What did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" discuss?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)