|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the publication date from Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined"?
(a) December 5, 1955.
(b) June 11, 1967.
(c) July 11, 1968.
(d) August 5, 1965.
2. When did W.E.B. DuBois die?
(a) June 24, 1957.
(b) October 18, 1964.
(c) June 11, 1964.
(d) August 27, 1963.
3. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
(a) Unappreciative and un-American.
4. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
5. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
(a) Republican Socialist.
(b) Liberal Democrat.
(c) Liberal Republican.
(d) Democratic Socialist.
6. What was the name of the police chief who ordered his officers to turn hoses on demonstrators during the registration of black students at its state university?
(a) William J. Bratton.
(b) William Plinkerton.
(c) Thomas Byrnes.
(d) "Bull" Connor.
7. What was the name of the 37-year-old NAACP field secretary murdered on his front porch on June 12, 1963?
(a) William Pickens.
(b) Medgar Evans.
(c) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(d) Robert Bagnall.
8. When did Dr. King deliver his last, and greatest, sermon?
(a) March 3, 1968.
(b) May 3, 1968.
(c) April 3, 1968.
(d) April 5, 1968.
9. What kind of testing was banned on February 4, 1965, used to deny rights to vote?
10. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
(a) Father M.
(b) Daddy King.
(c) Father K.
(d) Daddy Martin.
11. On what date was President John F. Kennedy assassinated?
(a) December 5, 1955.
(b) July 19, 1957.
(c) August 28, 1963.
(d) November 22, 1963.
12. According to the footnotes on Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land," what position did Judge Hooks hold in the NAACP?
(a) Regional Director.
(b) Executive Director.
(c) National Director.
13. What church was Ebenezer Baptist Church an outgrowth of?
(a) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(b) First Congressional Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Wheat Street Baptist Church.
14. When did the war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union begin and end?
15. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the powerless never experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ethnicity of the people who attended the anti-war demonstration that Dr. King led?
2. According to the footnotes on Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land," who is Judge Hooks?
3. What years did Frederick Douglas live?
4. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
5. Why did Dr. King admit that he felt depressed prior to giving the speech in Chapter 20: "I See the Promise Land"?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)