|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
(a) Liberal Democrat.
(b) Democratic Socialist.
(c) Liberal Republican.
(d) Republican Socialist.
2. What church was bombed that led Dr. King to deliver a sermon at the funeral of the little girls killed during the bombing?
(a) First Baptist Church.
(b) Southern Baptist Church of Virginia.
(c) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(d) First Baptist Church of Montgomery.
3. Who began to question President Eisenhower's commitment to more troops in Vietnam?
(a) People in the military.
(b) People of conscience.
(c) People outside the United States.
(d) People of color.
4. Why did the West fear the USSR?
(a) Because of the influence of the USSR's leaders throughout the world.
(b) Because of the fear of the re-establishment of slavery.
(c) Because of the possible spread of communism throughout the world.
(d) Because of the use of communistic law.
5. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
6. What national convention did Reverend A.D. Williams, Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, maternal grandfather, found?
(a) National Religious Convention.
(b) National African American Convention.
(c) National Pastoral Convention.
(d) National Baptist Convention.
7. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
(b) Unappreciative and un-American.
8. On what date did Dr. King deliver his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
(a) April 4, 1967.
(b) January 1, 1967.
(c) December 5, 1967.
(d) May 4, 1967.
9. Where did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
(a) Congressional Baptist Church.
(b) 16th Street Baptist Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
10. What was the name of the war primarily between the U.S. and the Soviet Union?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Russian Conflict.
(c) The Cold Conflict.
(d) The Russian-American War.
11. What was Stokely Carmichael's slogan in gaining the presidency of the SNCC on May 16, 1966?
(a) "We will not back down."
(b) "Equality Equals Nonviolent Means."
(c) "Black Power."
(d) "Freedom, Freedom, Freedom."
12. In what year was Dr. King's book Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community published?
13. How many people attended Dr. King's first anti-war demonstration?
(c) More than 5,000.
14. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
(a) James Chaney.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Phoolan Devi.
(d) Michael Schwerner.
15. What quote from a civil rights hymn did President Johnson quote before a joint session of Congress in 1965?
(a) "Keep your eyes on the prize!"
(b) "Oh freedom!"
(c) "We shall not be moved!"
(d) "We shall overcome!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found on a farm near Philadelphia, Mississippi, on August 4, 1964?
2. When did the demonstrations in Selma, Alabama, reach their worst problems?
3. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
4. What year was the atom bombed dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
5. What was the broad strategy of the Black Power Movement?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)