|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1964, what party was refused a seat by the Democratic National Convention?
(a) Democratic Party Representing Minorities of America.
(b) Mississippi Freedom Party.
(c) African American Republican Party.
2. What was the date that Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) October 19, 1956.
(b) August 28, 1963.
(c) July 19, 1957.
(d) December 5, 1955.
3. What was Martin Luther King, Sr.'s, nickname?
(a) Daddy King.
(b) Father K.
(c) Father M.
(d) Daddy Martin.
4. Who introduced Dr. King for his last and final sermon?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Michael Schwerner.
(c) Stokely Carmichael.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
5. What was the Nobel Peace Prize Committee looking for when they choose Dr. King as the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?
(a) The only person brave enough to take a stand.
(b) The only man to have single-handedly pushed equality in the right direction.
(c) The greatest apostle of peace.
(d) The person responsible for the Freedom Movement.
6. During the Cold War, what were civil rights activists accused of being?
(c) Unappreciative and un-American.
7. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
(a) Democratic Socialist.
(b) Liberal Republican.
(c) Republican Socialist.
(d) Liberal Democrat.
8. In what city did Dr. King deliver his last sermon?
9. What war began to take precedence over the Civil Rights Movement given that military presence was needed?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) WW I.
(c) WW II.
(d) The Cold War.
10. What was the name of the war primarily between the U.S. and the Soviet Union?
(a) The Cold Conflict.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Russian-American War.
(d) The Russian Conflict.
11. Why were Western nations uncomfortable with the USSR?
(a) Because it allowed Africans to hold public offices.
(b) Because it spoke out against the U.S.
(c) Because it still allowed slavery.
(d) Because it espoused communism.
12. When did the war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union begin and end?
13. What was the name of the 37-year-old NAACP field secretary murdered on his front porch on June 12, 1963?
(a) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(b) William Pickens.
(c) Robert Bagnall.
(d) Medgar Evans.
14. What memorial was the background for Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) Lincoln Memorial.
(b) Washington Monument.
(c) Jefferson Memorial.
(d) George Mason Memorial.
15. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the "powerful" never lose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found on a farm near Philadelphia, Mississippi, on August 4, 1964?
2. Whose administration war policies did Dr. King attack when he delivered his most historic and controversial statement tying the war and the Civil Rights Movement together?
3. Where did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
4. When did Dr. King deliver his last SCLC presidential address?
5. How many people were arrested during the demonstrations in Selma, Alabama?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)