Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr., ordained to the Christian ministry?
(a) Morningside Baptist Church.
(b) First Baptist Church of Montgomery.
(c) South Baptist Church.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
2. What was James Farmer's position with CORE?
(a) National Director.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Regional Supervisor.
(d) Account Manager.
3. What were the nicknames of the African Americans who traveled from state to state even though they were prohibited from doing so because of white co-passengers?
(a) Freedom Challengers.
(b) Freedom Riders.
4. Why were organizations such as NAACP and the NUL formed?
(a) To form violent organizations legally.
(b) To form anti-government organizations.
(c) To make people angry.
(d) To resist Jim Crow laws.
5. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was punched.
(c) He was verbally assaulted.
(d) He was stabbed.
6. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
7. What group organized the first integrated group of interstate travelers?
8. How many student demonstrators were arrested in Nashville, Tennessee, on February 27, 1960?
9. What president announced the use of federal troops to escort nine children to high school in Arkansas?
10. What staff member from the SCLC helped young people from the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) to think for themselves?
(a) Mr. Jonathon Brown.
(b) Ms. Ella Fitzgerald.
(c) Mrs. Ella Baker.
(d) Mr. Terrance Minders.
11. Why was Dr. King in jail while writing the "Letter from a Birmingham Jail"?
(a) Participating in a conference for racial equality.
(b) Riding on an interstate bus with other activists.
(c) Participating in civil rights demonstrations.
(d) Eating with a white man at a "White Only" diner.
12. What famous black child psychologist embraced the liberal idea that where there is no equal opportunity to succeed there can be no social equality?
(a) Dr. Terrance P. Patrick.
(b) Dr. Joseph M. Dryers.
(c) Dr. Kenneth B. Clark.
(d) Dr. Daniel N. Meyers.
13. Where were the lunch counter sit-ins conducted on August 19 by the NAACP?
(b) Oklahoma City.
14. What is the name of the university where the SNCC was began?
(a) Wake Forrest University.
(b) Campbell University.
(c) Methodist University.
(d) Shaw University.
15. What two organizations denounced violent actions relating to desegregation acts?
(a) NAACP and SCLC.
(b) NAACP and BCA.
(c) MIA and BCA.
(d) SCLC and MIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man whose daughter was the focus behind the Brown vs. Board (1954) court case?
2. What Democratic presidential candidate was running against Richard Nixon in 1960?
3. Who was the first president of the Montgomery Improvement Association?
4. Who went with Dr. and Mrs. King to India during their stay from February 2 to March 10, 1959?
5. When was the historic Brown vs. Topeka, Kansas Board of Education Supreme Court decision handed down?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)