|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What laws did African American interstate travelers ignore during their public transportation across state lines?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Jim Crow.
(c) White Flight.
(d) Minority Travel Limitations.
2. What demonstration was held at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
3. What did the assailant ask Dr. King right before his assault on September 20, 1958?
(a) "Are you crazy?"
(b) "Are you Martin Luther King?"
(c) "Are you responsible for all this civil rights nonsense?"
(d) "Is this your book?"
4. How many students participated in the first march in Washington, D.C., supporting racial desegregation?
5. On what date did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) October 19, 1958.
(b) December 5, 1955.
(c) November 29, 1959.
(d) April 19, 1957.
6. From whom did Dr. King say he learned about nonviolent resistance?
(a) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Clarence Mitchell, Jr.
(d) Reverend Theodore J. Jemison.
7. How many students marched toward the Alabama State Capitol Building in Montgomery?
8. When was the first march supporting racial desegregation held in Washington, D.C.?
(a) December 5, 1955.
(b) October 25, 1955.
(c) December 5, 1957.
(d) October 25, 1958.
9. When was the historic Brown vs. Topeka, Kansas Board of Education Supreme Court decision handed down?
(a) May 17, 1954.
(b) March 17, 1957.
(c) December 1, 1955.
(d) April 1, 1955.
10. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
(a) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
(b) Fuller Theological Seminary.
(c) Southern Baptist Seminary.
(d) Crozer Theological Seminary.
11. What group organized the first integrated group of interstate travelers?
12. In Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech, what does King say all Americans hold that is signed by the founders of the United States?
(a) A "promissory note."
(b) An "unpaid ticket."
(c) A "promise of intent."
(d) A "lottery ticket."
13. On what date was interstate traveling first challenged by an African American?
(a) April 1920.
(b) April 1885.
(c) April 1905.
(d) April 1910.
14. What movement involved civil rights activists who sought to challenge religious segregation?
15. What major movement followed the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Sit-In Movement?
(a) Freedom Summer.
(b) March on Washington.
(c) Black Panther Movement.
(d) Freedom Ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the civil rights bill, signed on September 9, 1957, establish?
2. Who went with Dr. and Mrs. King to India during their stay from February 2 to March 10, 1959?
3. How many students were expelled on March 2, 1960, by the Alabama Board of Education?
4. What was the date of James Farmer's trip from Washington, D.C., to the South?
5. What Illinois city approved a plan that prevented the erection of an interracial housing development on December 21, 1959?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)