|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are attempts to attack laws and customs that prohibited African Americans from eating at lunch counters next to Caucasians called?
(a) Refusal to move.
(b) Call to removal of ignorance.
(d) Testing the system.
2. What group organized the first integrated group of interstate travelers?
3. When did the Montgomery Bus boycott begin?
(a) October 1, 1965.
(b) October 1, 1955.
(c) December 5, 1955.
(d) December 1, 1965.
4. At some points, how did Dr. King help to keep the SCLC's cash flow problems from shutting down due to financial ruin?
(a) King asked for donations from wealthy people.
(b) King put money from his speaking engagements into the SCLC.
(c) King sold personal possessions to keep the SCLC afloat.
(d) King worked multiple jobs to keep the SCLC afloat.
5. What did Dr. King plead with Americans not to default upon during his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) Promise to move forward with equality.
(b) Indebtedness to the spirit and principle of democracy.
(c) Completeness of pride and honor towards their nation.
(d) Promise to form a better nation.
6. Who went with Dr. and Mrs. King to India during their stay from February 2 to March 10, 1959?
(a) Dr. Brian S. Edgar
(b) Dr. Lawrence D. Reddick.
(c) Dr. David T. Bauer.
(d) Dr. John P. Oswalt.
7. On what date did the head of the Nation of Islam call upon African Americans to form a state of their own?
(a) July 4, 1960.
(b) July 31, 1960.
(c) December 5, 1960.
(d) January 1, 1960.
8. What position did Dr. King, while thirty-one, accept at a Baptist church?
(a) Youth pastor.
9. Who was the head of the Nation of Islam in 1960?
(a) Qubilah Shabazz.
(b) Malik Zulu Shabazz.
(c) Louis Farrakhan.
(d) Elijah Muhammad.
10. How many students marched toward the Alabama State Capitol Building in Montgomery?
11. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
(a) He was punched.
(b) He was verbally assaulted.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was stabbed.
12. How many students participated in the first march in Washington, D.C., supporting racial desegregation?
13. On what date did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) November 29, 1959.
(b) April 19, 1957.
(c) December 5, 1955.
(d) October 19, 1958.
14. What demonstration was held at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
15. What year was Mohandas Gandhi assassinated?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) come into being?
2. What was James Farmer's position with CORE?
3. What Illinois city approved a plan that prevented the erection of an interracial housing development on December 21, 1959?
4. What was the date of Dr. King's first national address?
5. What is the date noted at the beginning of Chapter 4, "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)