|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King wanted to make sure that advocates of Black Consciousness did not associate racial pride with what?
(a) Racial isolationism.
(b) Racial neglect.
(c) Racial stereotypes.
(d) Racial discrimination.
2. What are attempts to attack laws and customs that prohibited African Americans from eating at lunch counters next to Caucasians called?
(a) Testing the system.
(b) Call to removal of ignorance.
(c) Refusal to move.
3. What demonstration was held at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
4. When did the President remove the National Guard troops from the high school in Arkansas?
(a) August 9, 1957.
(b) December 1, 1955.
(c) May 19, 1957.
(d) May 8, 1958.
5. What month did Dr. King address the First Annual Institute on Non-Violence and Social Change?
6. What does NUL stand for?
(a) Necessary Under Law.
(b) National Urban League.
(c) National Uniform League.
(d) Ninth Unity League.
7. At what "Anniversary Conference" of the NUL did Dr. King deliver a speech?
8. What year was Mohandas Gandhi assassinated?
9. What date did the Montgomery buses become integrated?
(a) December 21, 1956.
(b) October 21, 1956.
(c) December 21, 1957.
(d) October 21, 1957.
10. What book was Dr. King signing on September 20, 1958?
(a) <i>The Measure of a Man</i>.
(b) <i>Stride Toward Freedom</i>.
(c) <i>Strength to Love</i>.
(d) <i>Why We Can't Wait</i>.
11. At some points, how did Dr. King help to keep the SCLC's cash flow problems from shutting down due to financial ruin?
(a) King put money from his speaking engagements into the SCLC.
(b) King sold personal possessions to keep the SCLC afloat.
(c) King worked multiple jobs to keep the SCLC afloat.
(d) King asked for donations from wealthy people.
12. When did the African nation of Ghana acquire its independence from British rule?
(a) December 1, 1955.
(b) March 6, 1957.
(c) September 9, 1955.
(d) April 9, 1956.
13. What laws did African American interstate travelers ignore during their public transportation across state lines?
(a) Minority Travel Limitations.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) White Flight.
(d) Jim Crow.
14. What movement involved civil rights activists who sought to challenge religious segregation?
15. What were the nicknames of the African Americans who traveled from state to state even though they were prohibited from doing so because of white co-passengers?
(b) Freedom Challengers.
(d) Freedom Riders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Dr. and Mrs. King guests of during their stay in India?
2. From whom did Dr. King say he learned about nonviolent resistance?
3. What was the name of the first African American to challenge interstate travel bans?
4. Who was the first president of the Montgomery Improvement Association?
5. When was the historic Brown vs. Topeka, Kansas Board of Education Supreme Court decision handed down?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)