|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first black student to graduate from the high school in Arkansas on May 27, 1958?
(a) Stokeley Carmichael.
(b) Charles K. Steele.
(c) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(d) Ernest Green.
2. Where did Dr. King attend college during his undergraduate studies?
(a) Rollins College.
(b) Morehouse College.
(c) Birmingham-Southern College.
(d) Rhodes College.
3. On what date was interstate traveling first challenged by an African American?
(a) April 1905.
(b) April 1920.
(c) April 1885.
(d) April 1910.
4. What was the name of the man whose daughter was the focus behind the Brown vs. Board (1954) court case?
(a) Reverend Oliver Brown.
(b) Dr. Kenneth K. Brown.
(c) Charles M. Brown.
(d) Stuart O. Brown.
5. Where did Dr. King move days after his thirty-first birthday?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(d) Newnan, Georgia.
6. What month did Dr. King address the First Annual Institute on Non-Violence and Social Change?
7. How many students were expelled on March 2, 1960, by the Alabama Board of Education?
8. What two organizations invited Dr. King to speak at the University of California at Berkeley on June 4, 1957?
(b) YMCA and YWCA.
9. When was the second march supporting racial desegregation held in Washington, D.C.?
(a) April 18, 1958.
(b) December 5, 1958.
(c) April 18, 1959.
(d) December 5, 1956.
10. Why were organizations such as NAACP and the NUL formed?
(a) To form anti-government organizations.
(b) To form violent organizations legally.
(c) To resist Jim Crow laws.
(d) To make people angry.
11. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
12. Who was the cause of Dr. King's injury on September 20, 1958?
(a) A white man.
(b) A black man.
(c) A black woman.
(d) A white woman.
13. What was the date of Dr. King's first national address?
(a) September 17, 1956.
(b) August 17, 1955.
(c) May 17, 1957.
(d) October 17, 1959.
14. What president announced the use of federal troops to escort nine children to high school in Arkansas?
15. Where were the lunch counter sit-ins conducted on August 19 by the NAACP?
(c) Oklahoma City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the President remove the National Guard troops from the high school in Arkansas?
2. When associated with the Civil Rights Movement, what did demonstrators consider their arrests?
3. What are attempts to attack laws and customs that prohibited African Americans from eating at lunch counters next to Caucasians called?
4. What is the date noted at the beginning of Chapter 4, "Speech Before the Youth March for Integrated Schools"?
5. What did Dr. King plead with Americans not to default upon during his "I Have A Dream" speech?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)