|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Dr. and Mrs. King guests of during their stay in India?
(a) Prime Minister Morarji Desai.
(b) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
(c) Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
(d) Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
2. What became a pseudonym for the Civil Rights Movement?
(a) Freedom Movement.
(b) All Are Equal.
(c) Free for All Persons.
(d) Call to Voice.
3. On what date did Rosa Parks refuse to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus?
(a) December 1, 1965.
(b) October 1, 1965.
(c) October 1, 1995.
(d) December 1, 1955.
4. When did the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) come into being?
(a) December 1-3, 1959.
(b) April 15-17, 1960.
(c) April 15-17, 1965.
(d) December 1-3, 1964.
5. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
6. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
(a) He was verbally assaulted.
(b) He was punched.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was stabbed.
7. What was James Farmer's position with CORE?
(a) National Director.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Regional Supervisor.
(d) Account Manager.
8. Where were the lunch counter sit-ins conducted on August 19 by the NAACP?
(c) Oklahoma City.
9. When did the Montgomery Bus boycott begin?
(a) October 1, 1965.
(b) October 1, 1955.
(c) December 1, 1965.
(d) December 5, 1955.
10. Why did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) Because of problems with his congregation.
(b) To devote himself full-time to the presidency of SCLC.
(c) To go on a worldwide self-realization pilgrimage.
(d) To take care of his ailing grandmother.
11. How long did it take for Dr. King's address to students at Berkeley (1957) to be published?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) Two years.
12. At what "Anniversary Conference" of the NUL did Dr. King deliver a speech?
13. Who was the first president of the Montgomery Improvement Association?
(a) Melba Patillo Beals.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King, Sr.
14. Who was the first black student to graduate from the high school in Arkansas on May 27, 1958?
(a) Charles K. Steele.
(b) Ernest Green.
(c) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(d) Stokeley Carmichael.
15. Dr. King wanted to make sure that advocates of Black Consciousness did not associate racial pride with what?
(a) Racial isolationism.
(b) Racial discrimination.
(c) Racial neglect.
(d) Racial stereotypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What laws did African American interstate travelers ignore during their public transportation across state lines?
2. What staff member from the SCLC helped young people from the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) to think for themselves?
3. Where did Dr. King move days after his thirty-first birthday?
4. What president announced the use of federal troops to escort nine children to high school in Arkansas?
5. When was the second march supporting racial desegregation held in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)