1. Why were organizations such as NAACP and the NUL formed?
To resist Jim Crow laws.
2. On what date did Rosa Parks refuse to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus?
December 1, 1955.
3. When did the Montgomery Bus boycott begin?
December 5, 1955.
4. Who was the first president of the Montgomery Improvement Association?
Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. What date did the Montgomery buses become integrated?
December 21, 1956.
6. What religious journal contained a summary of Dr. King's book Stride Toward Freedom?
7. During what years did participation by African American churches in American public life surge?
8. When was the historic Brown vs. Topeka, Kansas Board of Education Supreme Court decision handed down?
May 17, 1954.
This section contains 4,402 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)