|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 20: "I See the Promised Land," what did Dr. King have a deep sense of?
(a) Hidden agendas.
(b) American pride.
(c) Religious vocation.
(d) Common ideals.
2. According to Dr. King, during his first national address, why were inhabitants of the twentieth century privileged?
(a) Because they lived in "one of the momentous periods of human history."
(b) Because they were "living by the greatest sets of rules ever."
(c) Because they were "not scared any longer."
(d) Because they were "making dramatic changes in the face of opposition."
3. According to Chapter 18: "Where Do We Go From Here," what "spawned" the Cold War?
(b) Mild disagreements.
(c) Need for power.
(d) Mutual fear and hostility.
4. During what years did participation by African American churches in American public life surge?
5. Who was murdered on February 21, 1965, in New York City?
(a) Michael Schwerner.
(b) James Chaney.
(c) Phoolan Devi.
(d) Malcolm X.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Dr. King's political sentiments?
2. What kind of testing was banned on February 4, 1965, used to deny rights to vote?
3. What year was the atom bombed dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
4. What was the name of the man whose daughter was the focus behind the Brown vs. Board (1954) court case?
5. How many students participated in the first march in Washington, D.C., supporting racial desegregation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)