|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was James Farmer's position with CORE?
(a) National Director.
(b) Account Manager.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Regional Supervisor.
2. At some points, how did Dr. King help to keep the SCLC's cash flow problems from shutting down due to financial ruin?
(a) King put money from his speaking engagements into the SCLC.
(b) King worked multiple jobs to keep the SCLC afloat.
(c) King sold personal possessions to keep the SCLC afloat.
(d) King asked for donations from wealthy people.
3. What is the name of one of the African American leaders that argued for the African American need for self-respect and self-help?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Jonathon Swift.
(c) Ella Fitzgerald.
(d) Michael Schwerner.
4. What was the date of Dr. King's first national address?
(a) August 17, 1955.
(b) May 17, 1957.
(c) September 17, 1956.
(d) October 17, 1959.
5. Who claimed that the victims of the American military were often people of color?
(a) Dr. King.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York governor ordered the National Guard to restore order to Rochester after riots broke out on July 25, 1964?
2. What magazine did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" appear in?
3. When did the President remove the National Guard troops from the high school in Arkansas?
4. What staff member from the SCLC helped young people from the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) to think for themselves?
5. Who were Dr. and Mrs. King guests of during their stay in India?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)