|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the civil rights bill, signed on September 9, 1957, establish?
(a) Self-Determination for Activists Commission.
(b) U.S. Civil Rights Commission.
(c) Equality for All Commission.
(d) Anti-Racial Commission.
2. What is the name of the university where the SNCC was began?
(a) Methodist University.
(b) Wake Forrest University.
(c) Campbell University.
(d) Shaw University.
3. When did Dr. King speak publicly in an anti-war demonstration?
(a) October 25, 1967.
(b) June 25, 1967.
(c) March 25, 1967.
(d) April 25, 1967.
4. In 1964, what party was refused a seat by the Democratic National Convention?
(a) Democratic Party Representing Minorities of America.
(c) African American Republican Party.
(d) Mississippi Freedom Party.
5. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the head of the Nation of Islam call upon African Americans to form a state of their own?
2. What must people of oppression accumulate to realize deliverance?
3. According to Chapter 19: "The Drum Major Instinct," what were considered the religious parents of the African American culture?
4. On what date did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
5. How long did it take for Dr. King's address to students at Berkeley (1957) to be published?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)