|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 16- Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the goal of a relationship with the government for African Americans?
(a) Having the government see African Americans as inarguably equal.
(b) To chastise the government into helping them.
(c) To stop the unnecessary deaths of African Americans.
(d) The government finding it unwise and prudent to collaborate with African Americans.
2. When did Dr. King celebrate his thirty-first (31) birthday?
(a) October 15, 1960.
(b) March 15, 1960.
(c) January 15, 1960.
(d) July 15, 1960.
3. What book was Dr. King signing on September 20, 1958?
(a) Why We Can't Wait.
(b) The Measure of a Man.
(c) Strength to Love.
(d) Stride Toward Freedom.
4. What Democratic presidential candidate was running against Richard Nixon in 1960?
(a) Harry S. Truman.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. Who published Dr. King's book Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?
(a) Harper and Row.
(b) Random House.
(c) Harper Collins.
(d) Viacom Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious journal contained a summary of Dr. King's book Stride Toward Freedom?
2. At some points, how did Dr. King help to keep the SCLC's cash flow problems from shutting down due to financial ruin?
3. Dr. King wanted to make sure that advocates of Black Consciousness did not associate racial pride with what?
4. What church was bombed that led Dr. King to deliver a sermon at the funeral of the little girls killed during the bombing?
5. Who claimed that the victims of the American military were often people of color?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)