|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 16- Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" appear in?
(a) Harper's Review.
(b) New York Times Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
2. What was the name of the man whose daughter was the focus behind the Brown vs. Board (1954) court case?
(a) Reverend Oliver Brown.
(b) Charles M. Brown.
(c) Stuart O. Brown.
(d) Dr. Kenneth K. Brown.
3. On what date was the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 signed?
(a) July 2.
(b) June 12.
(c) July 4.
(d) June 7.
4. What did Dr. King's article from Chapter 17: "Black Power Defined" discuss?
(a) African Americans' need to vote.
(b) African American men and their role in the family.
(c) African American nationalism being embraced by the black community.
(d) African Americans in the war.
5. What was the name of the march during which Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) March on Washington, D.C. for Equality for All.
(b) March on Washington, D.C. for the African American Move From Minority.
(c) March on Washington, D.C. for Civil Rights.
(d) March on Washington, D.C. for Liberty and Freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what do the powerless never experience?
2. What does NUL stand for?
3. What became a pseudonym for the Civil Rights Movement?
4. Who were the primary people who led the movement exemplified by eating at lunch counters next to Caucasians?
5. What major movement followed the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Sit-In Movement?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)