|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 16- Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
(a) Fuller Theological Seminary.
(b) Southern Baptist Seminary.
(c) Crozer Theological Seminary.
(d) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
2. Who was the cause of Dr. King's injury on September 20, 1958?
(a) A black man.
(b) A white man.
(c) A black woman.
(d) A white woman.
3. What was the Nobel Peace Prize Committee looking for when they choose Dr. King as the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?
(a) The only person brave enough to take a stand.
(b) The person responsible for the Freedom Movement.
(c) The greatest apostle of peace.
(d) The only man to have single-handedly pushed equality in the right direction.
4. In Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech, what does King say all Americans hold that is signed by the founders of the United States?
(a) A "promise of intent."
(b) An "unpaid ticket."
(c) A "promissory note."
(d) A "lottery ticket."
5. What New York governor ordered the National Guard to restore order to Rochester after riots broke out on July 25, 1964?
(a) W. Averell Harriman.
(b) Thomas E. Dewey.
(c) Malcolm Wilson.
(d) Nelson Rockefeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement involved civil rights activists who sought to challenge religious segregation?
2. What did the assailant ask Dr. King right before his assault on September 20, 1958?
3. What was the broad strategy of the Black Power Movement?
4. What were the dates of the demonstration at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
5. What county, on June 26, 1959, closed its entire school system rather than allow integration?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)