|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8- Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Democratic presidential candidate was running against Richard Nixon in 1960?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
2. Where were the lunch counter sit-ins conducted on August 19 by the NAACP?
(d) Oklahoma City.
3. How many students participated in the first march in Washington, D.C., supporting racial desegregation?
4. What is the name of the university where the SNCC was began?
(a) Methodist University.
(b) Shaw University.
(c) Campbell University.
(d) Wake Forrest University.
5. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was punched.
(c) He was verbally assaulted.
(d) He was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
2. What was the date of Dr. King's first national address?
3. Why did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
4. What was the date of James Farmer's trip from Washington, D.C., to the South?
5. What demonstration was held at Rainbow Beach in Chicago?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)