|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8- Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the nicknames of the African Americans who traveled from state to state even though they were prohibited from doing so because of white co-passengers?
(a) Freedom Challengers.
(b) Freedom Riders.
2. When did Dr. King celebrate his thirty-first (31) birthday?
(a) January 15, 1960.
(b) March 15, 1960.
(c) October 15, 1960.
(d) July 15, 1960.
3. On what date did Rosa Parks refuse to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus?
(a) October 1, 1995.
(b) October 1, 1965.
(c) December 1, 1955.
(d) December 1, 1965.
4. Why did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) Because of problems with his congregation.
(b) To take care of his ailing grandmother.
(c) To go on a worldwide self-realization pilgrimage.
(d) To devote himself full-time to the presidency of SCLC.
5. From whom did Dr. King say he learned about nonviolent resistance?
(a) Clarence Mitchell, Jr.
(b) Reverend Theodore J. Jemison.
(c) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(d) Rosa Parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date did the Montgomery buses become integrated?
2. When did the President remove the National Guard troops from the high school in Arkansas?
3. At what "Anniversary Conference" of the NUL did Dr. King deliver a speech?
4. What was the name of one of the first integrated group of interstate travelers that later served as Dr. King's chief strategists?
5. What happened to James Farmer's bus as he was traveling from Washington, D.C., to the South?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)