|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the assailant ask Dr. King right before his assault on September 20, 1958?
(a) "Are you responsible for all this civil rights nonsense?"
(b) "Are you crazy?"
(c) "Are you Martin Luther King?"
(d) "Is this your book?"
2. What city in Tennessee had a race riot on February 23, 1960?
3. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
4. Who was the cause of Dr. King's injury on September 20, 1958?
(a) A black woman.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
5. When did the African nation of Ghana acquire its independence from British rule?
(a) September 9, 1955.
(b) December 1, 1955.
(c) March 6, 1957.
(d) April 9, 1956.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
2. What Democratic presidential candidate was running against Richard Nixon in 1960?
3. What year was Mohandas Gandhi assassinated?
4. Less than a week after the Youth March for Integrated Schools, a black youth was lynched. What was the name of this black youth?
5. How many students were expelled on March 2, 1960, by the Alabama Board of Education?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)