|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did white racists bomb on September, 9 1957?
(a) Dr. King's home.
(b) Montgomery Bus Headquarters.
(c) Hattie Cotton Elementary School.
(d) The conference site for the MIA.
2. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
(a) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
(b) Fuller Theological Seminary.
(c) Crozer Theological Seminary.
(d) Southern Baptist Seminary.
3. Who was the first black student to graduate from the high school in Arkansas on May 27, 1958?
(a) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(b) Charles K. Steele.
(c) Ernest Green.
(d) Stokeley Carmichael.
4. Why did Dr. King submit his resignation as pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) To take care of his ailing grandmother.
(b) Because of problems with his congregation.
(c) To go on a worldwide self-realization pilgrimage.
(d) To devote himself full-time to the presidency of SCLC.
5. Who was the cause of Dr. King's injury on September 20, 1958?
(a) A black woman.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A black man.
(d) A white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Rosa Parks refuse to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus?
2. What happened to Dr. King as he was signing books on September 20, 1958?
3. Who was the first president of the Montgomery Improvement Association?
4. Why were organizations such as NAACP and the NUL formed?
5. What does NUL stand for?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)