|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the civil rights bill, signed on September 9, 1957, establish?
(a) Self-Determination for Activists Commission.
(b) U.S. Civil Rights Commission.
(c) Anti-Racial Commission.
(d) Equality for All Commission.
2. How old was Martin Luther King, Jr., when Gandhi was assassinated?
3. What month did Dr. King address the First Annual Institute on Non-Violence and Social Change?
4. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr., attend school to obtain his Bachelor of Divinity degree?
(a) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
(b) Southern Baptist Seminary.
(c) Crozer Theological Seminary.
(d) Fuller Theological Seminary.
5. When was the first march supporting racial desegregation held in Washington, D.C.?
(a) December 5, 1957.
(b) December 5, 1955.
(c) October 25, 1955.
(d) October 25, 1958.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book was Dr. King signing on September 20, 1958?
2. What are attempts to attack laws and customs that prohibited African Americans from eating at lunch counters next to Caucasians called?
3. During what years did participation by African American churches in American public life surge?
4. What Democratic presidential candidate was running against Richard Nixon in 1960?
5. Where did Dr. King move days after his thirty-first birthday?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)