|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 16- Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King wanted to make sure that advocates of Black Consciousness did not associate racial pride with what?
(a) Racial isolationism.
(b) Racial stereotypes.
(c) Racial discrimination.
(d) Racial neglect.
2. How many student demonstrators were arrested in Nashville, Tennessee, on February 27, 1960?
3. On what date did the head of the Nation of Islam call upon African Americans to form a state of their own?
(a) July 4, 1960.
(b) July 31, 1960.
(c) January 1, 1960.
(d) December 5, 1960.
4. What was James Farmer's position with CORE?
(a) Regional Supervisor.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Account Manager.
(d) National Director.
5. What president ordered federal marshals dispatched by Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Dr. King's book Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community published?
2. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the "nettlesome task of Negros" today?
3. What is the name of the university where the SNCC was began?
4. According to the chapter "Black Power Defined," what is the goal of a relationship with the government for African Americans?
5. In Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech, what does King say all Americans hold that is signed by the founders of the United States?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)