Part 1: Chapter 1-3
• The background on the initial beginnings of the Civil Rights Movement is detailed.
• Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus boycott is discussed.
• Dr. King's election to the Montgomery Improvement Association is announced.
• Dr. King's essay, published as a summary from his book, Stride Toward Freedom, is discussed.
• The essay led to the formation of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (1957).
• This essay was written to offer a "passionate analysis and defense" of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
• The initial problems with the "Freedom Movement" are discussed.
• Dr. King's purpose behind using non-violent direct action is explained in this section.
• Tragic events that were the result of King's movement are detailed in this section.
• Initial desegregation acts and responses are detailed in this section.
• Dr. King's essay speaking to the importance of the movement, nationally and worldwide, is highlighted in this section.
• Dr. King's first national address is...
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)