|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's neighborhood like?
2. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
3. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
4. Where is JFK walking to when he walks past Nora and asks her a question?
5. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of the chapter?
2. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
3. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
4. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
5. What does Nora say about wisdom?
6. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
7. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
8. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
9. Why happens one day when JFK walks by Nora one day?
10. Describe Nora's desk environment.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Every woman wants to look and feel beautiful. For many, it becomes an obsession. In an essay, write about the dangers of becoming obsessed with one's looks. Discuss the element of narcissism that is embedded into America's youth. What defines narcissism and how can it be avoided? Use contemporary examples from the pop world; singers, actors, rock stars, even politicians. How can narcissism become dangerous? Approach your essay psychologically but be sure to include evidence to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Nora talks about falling in love with an apartment as part of her recovery from a broken marriage. She makes her surroundings something she loves so as to help her cope with the loss of love in her life. This action is almost literature based. Write an essay on pieces of classical literature that mirror this exact sentiment. Find 3 examples and find evidence within the prose to discuss in your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Nora and her friend go to Paris, the heart of the fashion world. Write an essay on the fashion icons who came from Paris such as Sonia Rykiel, Coco Chanel, and Jeanne Lanvin. Why is fashion so coveted? Why is it an art form? Why is Paris so coveted for fashion? What is its lure and insight into fashion? How does fashion influence world issues? What did the fashion icons give the world as a result of their inspiration?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)