|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
2. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
3. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
4. How does Nora's cooking style change?
5. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
2. What favorite food does Nora share about?
3. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
4. What happens to Nora when she is seven months pregnant that changes the course of her life entirely?
5. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
6. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
7. What is the theme of the chapter?
8. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
9. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
10. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora says that most people would agree that wisdom comes with age. What do you believe? Write an essay on the definition of wisdom, according to the Greeks, and how it is now perceived in Western Culture. Does the West respect the wisdom that comes with age? Do they respect age? Is there any exception to the old adage that wisdom comes from age? Could wisdom come from truthful perception? Write this as an opinion piece and base it on personal experience.
Essay Topic 2
Nora talks about her friend Judy and Henry. Judy found a lump on her tongue and only lived for a year while Henry lived until he was eighty-two. Henry had time to prepare, so much so that he had a folder on his desktop that was titled "Exit". Write an essay comparing and contrasting the death experience of Judy and Henry. Write about 5 pros and 5 cons of each? Finally, how would like your life to play out?
Essay Topic 3
Nora says that many books on the subject of aging are in the theme that older is better than younger. Nora boldly states that older is not better than younger. Do you agree with this? Do you agree that people should say "In my day?" Do you believe that it is the day of the younger generation? Give 3 reasons for your beliefs backed by examples from pop culture or American life.
This section contains 2,331 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)