|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephon do so that others do not have to witness her aging body?
2. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
3. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
4. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
5. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
2. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
3. What does Nora Ephron not like about her neck?
4. What kind of a job is parenting?
5. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
6. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
7. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
8. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
9. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
10. Who is Nora Ephron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora Ephron talks about losing her eyesight and being frustrated because she finds it increasingly difficult to read. Write an essay on the power of literacy. In what ways does literacy affect our entire life? From communication, to obtaining a job, to understanding a political action, to having an informed opinion, or simply in understanding the world around you, there are so many ways literacy is part of daily life. Discuss 3 ways that literacy has changed your life. Describe how and why literacy is so necessary. Be sure to include at least 3 examples in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Nora talks about advice and how many things a person figures out only after they have already made a mistake. Think of one mistake you have made so far in your life that you have now figured out. How would you have responded differently had you known? Replay the scenario. Take a different side and create an essay in which you learned from your mistake.
Essay Topic 3
Nora finishes her book with the chapter that discusses death. She says that aging is better than the alternative and that there is positive to be found in aging. Living life to its fullest is the best way to live. Enjoying everything as much as you can. Write an essay that supports these sentiments. Write an inspirational essay that encourages both yourself and others to life to the fullest. What does that mean to you? How would you go about executing that plan?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)