|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
2. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
3. What item does Nora often lose?
4. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
5. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third stage of parenting?
2. What does Nora Ephron not like about her neck?
3. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
4. Describe the second stage of parenting?
5. What does Nora think of manicures?
6. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
7. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
8. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
9. What kind of a job is parenting?
10. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora says that many books on the subject of aging are in the theme that older is better than younger. Nora boldly states that older is not better than younger. Do you agree with this? Do you agree that people should say "In my day?" Do you believe that it is the day of the younger generation? Give 3 reasons for your beliefs backed by examples from pop culture or American life.
Essay Topic 2
Nora talks about advice and how many things a person figures out only after they have already made a mistake. Think of one mistake you have made so far in your life that you have now figured out. How would you have responded differently had you known? Replay the scenario. Take a different side and create an essay in which you learned from your mistake.
Essay Topic 3
Nora talks about her friend Judy and Henry. Judy found a lump on her tongue and only lived for a year while Henry lived until he was eighty-two. Henry had time to prepare, so much so that he had a folder on his desktop that was titled "Exit". Write an essay comparing and contrasting the death experience of Judy and Henry. Write about 5 pros and 5 cons of each? Finally, how would like your life to play out?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)