|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
2. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
3. What kind of job is parenting?
4. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
5. What affects every human being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
2. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
3. What does Nora not like about her own purse?
4. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
5. What is the first stage of parenting?
6. What happens after Nora gets a divorce?
7. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
8. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
9. What types of maintenance are there?
10. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the Bill and Monica scandal. Looking back on this scandal, compared with the politics going on in the world at that time, does the scandal seems inconsequential? Or not? Describe 3 reasons the scandal was as blown up as it was, according to the sociological factors influencing the media at the time. Lastly, do you think the scandal should have been so publicly acknowledged? Was the media's influence on it inappropriate or do Americans have the right to know everything about their leader? Include the opinion of experts as well as your own.
Essay Topic 2
Nora talks about advice and how many things a person figures out only after they have already made a mistake. Think of one mistake you have made so far in your life that you have now figured out. How would you have responded differently had you known? Replay the scenario. Take a different side and create an essay in which you learned from your mistake.
Essay Topic 3
Nora conveys that the older generations, the Baby Boomers, are highly proactive. They are always into the latest craze about health and beauty. Write an essay on the aging Baby Boomers and their effect on society. What have been their greatest contributions and their greatest struggles? Include 3 resources and cite your evidence.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)