|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is JFK walking to when he walks past Nora and asks her a question?
(a) To Airforce One.
(b) To his helicopter.
(c) To the restroom.
(d) To a meeting.
2. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
(a) Wish you could have figured things out yourself.
(b) Wish you had taken it.
(c) Wish you would have questioned it.
(d) Wish you had not taken it.
3. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
4. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
(b) Good advice that was not taken.
(c) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
(d) Bad advice from well meaning people.
5. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
2. What has happened in New York that does not detour Nora Ephron from living there?
3. What is the good that comes of Nora's husband's affair while she is pregnant?
4. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
5. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
2. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
3. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
4. What does Nora say about wisdom?
5. Describe the way in which Nora share her one liners?
6. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
7. What political issue makes Nora unwilling to support Bill?
8. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
9. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
10. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)