|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Franscisco.
2. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Margaret Atwood.
(b) Amy Bloom.
(c) Michael Crichton.
(d) Michael Chabon.
3. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
4. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
(a) She prints a copy of a news article on Mimi Fahnestock's affair.
(b) She publicly admits to having an affair with JFK.
(c) Her college asks her for a review of her internship.
(d) She tries to publish a White House memoir.
5. What is the good that comes of Nora's husband's affair while she is pregnant?
(a) Nora has a swift divorce.
(b) Nora realizes the value of fiction.
(c) Nora finds a new man.
(d) Nora realizes she loves her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
2. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
3. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
4. What does the story of Nora and JFK bring reality to?
5. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
2. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
3. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
4. What does Nora say about wisdom?
5. Describe the way in which Nora share her one liners?
6. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
7. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
8. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
9. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
10. What is Nora's problem in college?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)