|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
(a) A hearty meal.
2. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about weight issues.
(b) A magazine article about having small breasts.
(c) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
(d) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
3. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
4. What does Nora offer the reader as she dispenses her advice and wisdom?
(c) An escape.
5. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
(b) Benefits of age.
(d) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's job in the White House?
2. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
3. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
4. What was one of Nora's favorite foods?
5. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
2. Who are the two people that greatly influenced Nora in her life?
3. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
5. What happens to Nora when she is seven months pregnant that changes the course of her life entirely?
6. What political issue makes Nora unwilling to support Bill?
7. Describe Nora's desk environment.
8. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
9. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
10. What is Nora's problem in college?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)