|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Nora hear the question that JFK asks her directly?
(a) Because The Speaker of the House answers JFK first.
(b) Because someone is talking over her.
(c) Because Nora is too star struck.
(d) Because of the noise of the heliocopter.
2. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
3. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her living quarters.
(c) Her academics.
(d) Her weight.
4. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
(b) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
(c) A magazine article about having small breasts.
(d) A magazine article about weight issues.
5. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
(c) Drug addicts.
(d) Couch potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
2. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
3. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
4. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
5. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
2. Describe Nora's desk environment.
3. Why happens one day when JFK walks by Nora one day?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
5. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
6. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
7. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
8. What does Nora say about wisdom?
9. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
10. What is the theme of the chapter?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)