|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(b) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(c) Causes them to forget their life.
(d) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
2. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
(a) Because it is such a satisfying accompaniment to soup.
(b) Because she found something she lost.
(c) Because it is a perfect combination of flakes and vegetables.
(d) Because the strudel reminds her of home.
3. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay adoption.
(b) Gays in the military.
(c) Gay marriage.
(d) Gay rights.
4. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) one year.
5. What do wise people want younger people to do?
(a) Become mentors.
(b) Dispense advice.
(c) Take advice.
(d) Write about advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
2. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
3. How many times does Nora enter her own kitchen?
4. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
5. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favorite food does Nora share about?
2. What happens to Nora when she is seven months pregnant that changes the course of her life entirely?
3. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
4. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
5. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
6. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
7. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
8. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
9. What is the theme of the chapter?
10. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)