|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Where they want to live.
(b) Where they live themselves.
(c) Why they should live in New York.
(d) Where their friends live.
2. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
3. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(b) A piece of her heart.
(c) Advice on how to advance their career.
(d) A visual description of her life.
4. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
5. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
(a) Nora gets the recipe to make it herself.
(b) Nora's friend demands the strudel for her.
(c) Andre tells Nora the strudel is officially off the menu.
(d) Andre opens a second bakery with the strudel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's job in the White House?
2. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
3. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
4. What does the story of Nora and JFK bring reality to?
5. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
2. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
3. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
4. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
5. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
6. Describe Nora's desk environment.
7. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
8. Describe the way in which Nora share her one liners?
9. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
10. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)