|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora do with the classics?
(a) She decorates her home with them.
(b) She makes scripts from them.
(c) She keeps them on her bookshelf.
(d) She reads them over and over.
2. What is the structure of Nora's apartment?
(b) A rounded studio.
(d) Narrow and vertical.
3. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
4. Where is Andre's Hungarian Bakery located?
(b) The Bronx.
5. Why does Nora think the advice she gives might not be heard?
(a) Because people do not trust advice.
(b) Because people learn from their own mistakes.
(c) Because people rebel against advice.
(d) Because most people are stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Nora enter her own kitchen?
2. What can Nora find within a two block radius of her apartment?
3. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
4. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
5. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
2. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
3. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
4. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
5. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
6. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
7. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
8. Who are the two people that greatly influenced Nora in her life?
9. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
10. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)