|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
2. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Margaret Atwood.
(b) Michael Chabon.
(c) Amy Bloom.
(d) Michael Crichton.
3. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "Yes, of course"
(b) "It's to the left"
(c) "I don't know"
4. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Meg Ryan.
5. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
(b) Bad advice from well meaning people.
(c) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
(d) Good advice that was not taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
2. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
3. What did Nora's mother die of?
4. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
5. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
2. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
3. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
4. What political issue makes Nora unwilling to support Bill?
5. What does Nora say about wisdom?
6. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
7. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
8. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
9. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
10. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)