|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
2. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
(a) Less space to clean.
(b) Less space to fill.
(c) Less space for out of town visitors.
(d) Less space to manage.
3. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
4. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1930's New Jersey.
(b) 1940's New York.
(c) 1960's Boston.
(d) 1930's Montana.
5. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She was not a blonde.
(b) She was not agreeable enough.
(c) She had bad hair and clothes.
(d) She was overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
2. What does Nora believe Bill did as a result of his affair with Monica?
3. What did Nora's mother die of?
4. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
5. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
2. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
3. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
4. What is Nora's problem in college?
5. What does Nora say about wisdom?
6. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
7. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
8. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
9. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
10. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)