|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
(b) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(c) Causes them to forget their life.
(d) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
2. What does Nora question in regarding to her time with Bill?
(a) What love even is.
(b) Her value to Bill.
(c) Her self-worth.
(d) What friendship is.
3. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(b) Advice on how to advance their career.
(c) A visual description of her life.
(d) A piece of her heart.
4. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Margaret Atwood.
(b) Amy Bloom.
(c) Michael Chabon.
(d) Michael Crichton.
5. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Where they live themselves.
(b) Where they want to live.
(c) Where their friends live.
(d) Why they should live in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
2. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
3. What does Nora do with the classics?
4. Where is Andre's Hungarian Bakery located?
5. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
2. What does Nora say about wisdom?
3. What is Nora's problem in college?
4. What is the theme of the chapter?
5. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
6. Describe Nora's desk environment.
7. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
8. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
9. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
10. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)