|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Speaker of the House.
(b) A Supreme Court Justice.
(c) The President.
(d) The Vice-President.
2. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) An office of her own.
(b) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
(c) A decent cup of coffee.
(d) A desk or typewriter.
3. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
4. What is Nora's neighborhood like?
(a) There are many urban projects.
(b) It is near Central Park.
(c) It is clean and quiet.
(d) There are all types of stores and services.
5. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
(a) Advice on money.
(b) Advice on self-help.
(c) Advice on emails.
(d) Advice on aging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
2. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
3. What does Nora compare the rapture of a great book to?
4. Why does Nora think the advice she gives might not be heard?
5. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
2. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
3. What political issue makes Nora unwilling to support Bill?
4. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
5. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
6. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
7. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
8. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
9. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
10. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)