|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Meg Ryan.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Katie Couric.
2. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "Yes, of course"
(c) "It's to the left"
(d) "I don't know"
3. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
(c) San Franscisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Bill Buckley.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Bill Cosby.
5. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
2. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
3. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
4. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
5. What do wise people want younger people to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
2. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
3. What is the theme of the chapter?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
5. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
6. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
7. What favorite food does Nora share about?
8. What happens to Nora when she is seven months pregnant that changes the course of her life entirely?
9. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
10. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)