|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Global warming.
(b) Gay rights.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) The war.
2. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
(a) Jittery and anxious
(b) A mouse potato.
(c) A workaholic
(d) a computer addict
3. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
(a) The subway.
(b) Having a doorman.
(c) The shopping.
(d) The art and culture.
4. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Speaker of the House.
(b) The Vice-President.
(c) A Supreme Court Justice.
(d) The President.
5. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Bill Cosby.
(c) Bill Buckley.
(d) Bill Gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
2. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
3. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
4. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
5. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
2. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
3. Who are the two people that greatly influenced Nora in her life?
4. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
5. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
6. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
7. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
8. Describe Nora's desk environment.
9. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
10. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)