|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "I don't know"
(b) "Yes, of course"
(d) "It's to the left"
2. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Why they should live in New York.
(b) Where they live themselves.
(c) Where they want to live.
(d) Where their friends live.
3. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
4. If Nora was propositioned by JFK, what is the one thing she would not have been able to do?
(a) Wear perfect hair and makeup daily.
(b) Buy a new wardrobe.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Keep up personal appearances.
5. What is the tragedy of lost food, according to Nora?
(a) It is only a matter of finding, but the finding is challenging.
(b) It destroys one's love affair with food.
(c) It is something that average cooks cannot replicate.
(d) It becomes only a memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
2. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
3. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
4. After the Bill and Monica affair, how does Nora view Bill and his character?
5. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people that greatly influenced Nora in her life?
2. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
3. What does Nora say about wisdom?
4. What favorite food does Nora share about?
5. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
6. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
7. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
8. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
9. Describe Nora's desk environment.
10. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)