|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay adoption.
(b) Gay marriage.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Gays in the military.
2. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
(b) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
(c) A magazine article about weight issues.
(d) A magazine article about having small breasts.
3. What did Nora's mother die of?
(a) An overdose of sleeping pills.
(c) Heart disease.
4. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
5. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
(a) Drug addicts.
(c) Couch potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
2. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
3. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
4. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
5. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
2. What political issue makes Nora unwilling to support Bill?
3. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
5. What is Nora's problem in college?
6. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
7. What is the theme of the chapter?
8. What does Nora believe makes a great story?
9. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
10. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)