|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's neighborhood like?
(a) There are all types of stores and services.
(b) It is clean and quiet.
(c) It is near Central Park.
(d) There are many urban projects.
2. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Where they want to live.
(b) Where they live themselves.
(c) Why they should live in New York.
(d) Where their friends live.
3. Why does Nora think the advice she gives might not be heard?
(a) Because people learn from their own mistakes.
(b) Because people do not trust advice.
(c) Because people rebel against advice.
(d) Because most people are stubborn.
4. What is the structure of Nora's apartment?
(b) A rounded studio.
(d) Narrow and vertical.
5. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
(a) See the compassion in the moment.
(b) See the opportunity in the moment.
(c) See the humor in the moment.
(d) See the wisdom in the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
2. What does Nora believe Bill did as a result of his affair with Monica?
3. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
4. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
5. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora say about wisdom?
2. Why is Nora upset about not being able to find her favorite food since 1982?
3. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
5. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
6. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
7. Describe the way in which Nora share her one liners?
8. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
9. Why happens one day when JFK walks by Nora one day?
10. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)