|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
(a) You already know you look great.
(b) Your friend wants to look better than you.
(c) You won't believe it anyway.
(d) Your friend is lying to you.
2. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
3. What affects every human being?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) The birth of a baby.
(c) The inevitability of death.
(d) The aging process.
4. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
(a) She cheats on her husband.
(b) She is left for another woman.
(c) She has another child.
(d) She gets a divorce.
5. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(b) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
(d) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
2. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
3. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
4. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
5. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a job is parenting?
2. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
3. Who is Nora Ephron?
4. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
5. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
6. What is the theme of the chapter?
7. What does the new purse Nora gets after returning from Paris look like?
8. What are the advantages of Nora's apartment?
9. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
10. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)