|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) An inspiring job.
(b) A lifetime job.
(c) A humbling job.
(d) A difficult job.
2. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She finds it too heavy.
(b) She can never find anything in it.
(c) The purse strains her shoulder.
(d) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
3. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) Her magnifying glass.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) The script she is working on.
(d) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
4. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Almost everything a person does.
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(d) Reading books.
5. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Make it work.
(b) Keep it clean.
(c) Style it with an outfit.
(d) Wear it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
2. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
3. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
4. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
5. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
2. Who is Nora Ephron?
3. What is the first stage of parenting?
4. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
5. What does Nora think of manicures?
6. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
7. What happens after Nora gets a divorce?
8. What types of maintenance are there?
9. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
10. What kind of a job is parenting?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)