|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Fashion maintenance.
(b) Body maintenance.
(c) Skin maintenance.
(d) Hair maintenance.
2. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To enjoy the best things in life.
(b) To look and feel beautiful.
(c) To be successful.
(d) To be in shape.
3. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Look in the mirror.
(c) Wear spaghetti straps.
(d) Watch what they eat.
4. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(a) Potions in bottles and jars.
5. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A Hermes bag.
(b) A clutch.
(c) A hobo bag.
(d) A large plastic shopping bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
2. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
3. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
4. How does Nora feel about her declining eyesight?
5. What affects every human being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
2. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
3. What is the third stage of parenting?
4. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
5. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
6. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
7. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
8. Who are the people that move in and that Nora meets in her building and what happens with these relationships?
9. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
10. What does Nora Ephron not like about her neck?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)