|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her uncle.
2. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
3. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
(a) Grace Kelly's Hermes bag.
(b) A grocery gag.
(c) Mary Poppin's bottomless carpet bag.
(d) A bag lady's bag.
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Wear spaghetti straps.
(c) Watch what they eat.
(d) Look in the mirror.
5. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) The script she is working on.
(b) Her magnifying glass.
(c) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
2. What is the second stage of parenting?
3. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
4. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
5. What might some consider cooking to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
2. What kind of a job is parenting?
3. What types of maintenance are there?
4. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
5. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
6. What does Nora not like about her own purse?
7. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
8. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
9. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
10. What happens after Nora gets a divorce?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)