|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first stage of parenting?
(a) The child being born.
(b) The child breastfeeding.
(c) The child learning to walk.
2. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The lips.
(c) The neck.
(d) The decolletage.
3. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(b) Organizational skills.
4. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her niece.
5. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do women seldom do as they get older?
2. Who does adolescence change?
3. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
4. What is happening to Nora's vision?
5. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's career in journalism begin?
2. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
3. What types of maintenance are there?
4. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
5. What does Nora Ephron not like about her neck?
6. What favorite food does Nora share about?
7. Describe the second stage of parenting?
8. What does Nora think of manicures?
9. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
10. How does Nora feel about what happened between Bill and Monica?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)