|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(c) A Grecian urn.
2. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She sweats indecently.
(b) She gets hurt.
(c) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(d) She loses weight.
3. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
4. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her face.
5. What did Nora used to do to be rid of unwanted hairs?
(a) Shave them.
(b) Pluck them out.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Use hair bleach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephon do so that others do not have to witness her aging body?
2. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
3. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
4. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
5. What helps most people become inspired to cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third stage of parenting?
2. What happens when Nora sees Bill on TV again?
3. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
4. What kind of relationship does Nora have with the characters she reads about in books?
5. Why happens one day when JFK walks by Nora one day?
6. Who are the people that move in and that Nora meets in her building and what happens with these relationships?
7. What does Nora begin talking about when describing her life in New York?
8. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
9. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
10. Describe the second stage of parenting?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)