Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(b) Potions in bottles and jars.
2. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(d) Almost everything a person does.
3. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She uses a backpack instead.
(b) She rebels.
(c) She carries very little around with her.
(d) She works from home.
4. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A pack horse.
(c) A mule.
(d) An airport traveler.
5. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) Her old flame.
(c) Her old friend.
(d) Her new lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
2. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
3. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
4. What is the second stage of parenting?
5. What has nothing to do with age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
2. What have books done for Nora, ever since she was a child?
3. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
4. What does the new purse Nora gets after returning from Paris look like?
5. What event leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
6. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
7. What is significant about Lee Bailey?
8. Describe the success that happens on Nora's quest for the cabbage strudel.
9. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
10. Who is Nora Ephron?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)