|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her new lover.
(b) Her old friend.
(c) Her old flame.
(d) Her future husband.
2. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A mule.
(b) A pack horse.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An airport traveler.
3. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(b) Potions in bottles and jars.
4. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The decolletage.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The lips.
(d) The neck.
5. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(b) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora now have on her face because of menopause?
2. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
3. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
4. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
5. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
2. What does the new purse Nora gets after returning from Paris look like?
3. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
4. What is significant about Lee Bailey?
5. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
6. What is the third stage of parenting?
7. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
8. Describe the second stage of parenting?
9. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
10. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)