|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(b) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(c) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
(d) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
2. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She finds it too heavy.
(b) She can never find anything in it.
(c) The purse strains her shoulder.
(d) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
3. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's philosophy on life.
(b) Nora's attitude towards friends.
(c) Nora's taste in home decor.
(d) Nora's clothing style.
4. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is unorganized.
(b) That it is cumbersome.
(c) That it does not have pockets.
(d) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
5. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora miss being able to read?
2. What is Nora's most recent attempt at working out?
3. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
4. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
5. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
2. Describe Nora's job at the White House.
3. What does Nora say everyone has moments of?
4. What are the advantages of Nora's neighborhood?
5. What favorite food does Nora share about?
6. What is the relationship that Nora draws between the reader and a diver?
7. What is the point of discussing a lost food?
8. What is the third stage of parenting?
9. Describe Nora and Bill's relationship in the beginning?
10. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)