|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To be in shape.
(b) To look and feel beautiful.
(c) To enjoy the best things in life.
(d) To be successful.
2. What does Nora miss being able to read?
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) Magazine articles.
3. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
(a) A grocery gag.
(b) Mary Poppin's bottomless carpet bag.
(c) Grace Kelly's Hermes bag.
(d) A bag lady's bag.
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Look in the mirror.
(c) Watch what they eat.
(d) Wear spaghetti straps.
5. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Make it work.
(b) Style it with an outfit.
(c) Wear it out.
(d) Keep it clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
2. What affects every human being?
3. What item does Nora often lose?
4. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
5. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
2. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
3. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
4. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
5. What types of maintenance are there?
6. Who is Nora Ephron?
7. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
8. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
9. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
10. Describe the second stage of parenting?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)