|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is cumbersome.
(b) That it does not have pockets.
(c) That it is unorganized.
(d) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
2. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Style it with an outfit.
(b) Keep it clean.
(c) Make it work.
(d) Wear it out.
3. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
4. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
(a) The loss of love.
(b) The loss of her mother.
(c) The loss of her dog.
(d) The loss of her children.
5. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
Short Answer Questions
1. What might some consider cooking to be?
2. What item does Nora often lose?
3. What is a cook's style very similar to?
4. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
5. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
2. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
3. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
4. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
5. Describe the second stage of parenting?
6. What types of maintenance are there?
7. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
8. What does Nora think of manicures?
9. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
10. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)