|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(a) Other parents.
(c) Best friends.
2. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) History books.
(b) Art books.
(d) Fictional book.
3. What is the first stage of parenting?
(a) The child being born.
(c) The child breastfeeding.
(d) The child learning to walk.
4. What has nothing to do with age?
(c) Skin texture.
(d) Hearing loss.
5. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A mule.
(c) An airport traveler.
(d) A pack horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not easy to do as one ages?
2. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
3. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
4. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
5. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
2. Who is Nora Ephron?
3. What types of maintenance are there?
4. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
5. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
6. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
7. Describe the second stage of parenting?
8. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
9. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
10. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)