|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(b) That it is cumbersome.
(c) That it does not have pockets.
(d) That it is unorganized.
2. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) The script she is working on.
(b) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
(c) Her magnifying glass.
(d) Her glasses.
3. What has nothing to do with age?
(a) Skin texture.
(d) Hearing loss.
4. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A large plastic shopping bag.
(b) A Hermes bag.
(c) A hobo bag.
(d) A clutch.
5. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(a) Bigger font.
(d) A magnifying glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the job of parenting end?
2. What is the second stage of parenting?
3. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
4. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
5. What is Nora's most recent attempt at working out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nora Ephron?
2. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
3. Describe the second stage of parenting?
4. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
5. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
6. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
7. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
8. What is the third stage of parenting?
9. What types of maintenance are there?
10. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)