|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nora used to do to be rid of unwanted hairs?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Pluck them out.
(c) Shave them.
(d) Use hair bleach.
2. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To look and feel beautiful.
(b) To be successful.
(c) To be in shape.
(d) To enjoy the best things in life.
3. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child has children.
(b) When the child goes to college.
(c) When the child leaves the home.
(d) When the child marries.
4. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) Health and beauty.
(c) Fashion and style.
(d) No subject matter is untouchable.
5. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(b) A Grecian urn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora's cooking style change?
2. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
3. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
5. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Nora gets a divorce?
2. Describe the second stage of parenting?
3. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
4. What is significant about Lee Bailey?
5. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
6. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
7. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
8. What does Nora think of manicures?
9. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
10. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)