|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a massage.
(b) Getting a facial.
(c) Getting a manicure.
(d) Getting a pedicure.
2. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
(a) Her younger and more attractive decolletage.
(b) Her younger and more attractive derriere.
(c) Her younger and more attractive neck.
(d) Her younger and more attractive hands.
3. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
4. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
5. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(a) Organizational skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does adolescence change?
2. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
3. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
4. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
5. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
2. What does Nora think of manicures?
3. What does the new purse Nora gets after returning from Paris look like?
4. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
5. What kind of a job is parenting?
6. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
7. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
8. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
9. What is the third stage of parenting?
10. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)