|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
(a) Your friend wants to look better than you.
(b) Your friend is lying to you.
(c) You already know you look great.
(d) You won't believe it anyway.
2. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
(b) The juicy plot.
(d) The escape.
4. What has nothing to do with age?
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Skin texture.
5. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The parent and the neighbors.
(b) The parent and spouse.
(c) The child and siblings.
(d) The child and parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
2. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
3. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
4. What does Nora want to happen even though she does not like to exercise?
5. What item does Nora often lose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
2. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
3. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
4. Describe the second stage of parenting?
5. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
6. What is the first stage of parenting?
7. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
8. Who are the people that move in and that Nora meets in her building and what happens with these relationships?
9. What types of maintenance are there?
10. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)