|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her niece.
2. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Divorce proceedings.
(b) Marriage and friendships.
(c) Mental capacities.
(d) Physical characteristics.
3. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
4. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An expression.
(b) An art.
(c) An inspiration.
(d) A chore.
5. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(b) She loses weight.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She sweats indecently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
2. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
3. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
4. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
5. What is not easy to do as one ages?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the premise of the chapter "Blind as a Bat."
2. What is significant about Lee Bailey?
3. Describe the second stage of parenting?
4. What happens when Nora finally gets reading glasses?
5. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
6. What types of maintenance are there?
7. What does Nora not like about her own purse?
8. What is wrong with Nora Ephron's neck, besides age and what does she wish she would have enjoyed more?
9. What is the premise of Nora Ephron's book "I Feel Bad About My Neck?"
10. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)