|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second stage of parenting?
(a) the toddler years.
(d) Young adulthood.
2. What affects every human being?
(a) The birth of a baby.
(b) Love and marriage.
(c) The aging process.
(d) The inevitability of death.
3. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(b) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(c) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(d) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
4. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Ryland.
(b) Barbara Rosetti.
(c) Barbara Rosslyn.
(d) Barbara Ross.
5. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
(a) Because it was never in style.
(b) Because Grace Kelly had a bag like her.
(c) Because it is a timeless piece.
(d) Because she has seen it advertised in fashion magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
2. What do women seldom do as they get older?
3. What item does Nora often lose?
4. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
5. What kind of job is parenting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Nora's thoughts on exercise?
2. What does the new purse Nora gets after returning from Paris look like?
3. What does Nora do while she tries out recipes from her favorite cookbooks?
4. What is the first stage of parenting?
5. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
6. What is the third stage of parenting?
7. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
8. What does Nora not like about her own purse?
9. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
10. What is significant about Lee Bailey?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)