|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
(a) Community support.
(b) Good advice.
(c) A manual and training.
(d) Support from other parents.
3. When does the job of parenting end?
(a) The death of the parent.
(b) When the child marries.
(c) After the age of 18.
(d) When the child begins adolescence.
4. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(b) Organizational skills.
5. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her old friend.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) Her new lover.
(d) Her old flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora's cooking style change?
2. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
3. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
4. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
5. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
2. What does Nora claim affects people more than anything else?
3. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
4. What kind of a job is parenting?
5. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
6. What types of maintenance are there?
7. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
8. What does Nora's final decision about her new, waterproof, roomy purse do for other women trying to make traditional purses work?
9. What is the third stage of parenting?
10. Who is Nora Ephron?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)