|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An inspiration.
(b) A chore.
(c) An art.
(d) An expression.
2. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
(a) Advice from trusted community doctors.
(b) There is no advice that helps.
(c) Advice from women who have children the same age.
(d) Dr. Spock.
3. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(b) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(c) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(d) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
4. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's attitude towards friends.
(b) Nora's philosophy on life.
(c) Nora's taste in home decor.
(d) Nora's clothing style.
5. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman in love.
(b) Being an aging woman.
(c) Being a woman about to marry.
(d) Being a woman expecting a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
2. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
3. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
4. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
5. What topic does Nora think each women struggles with all on their own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nora views her apartment in the beginning?
2. How does Nora's interest in cookbooks begin?
3. Why does Nora travel to Paris?
4. What is the symbolism of Nora's apartment?
5. What types of maintenance are there?
6. What is happening to Nora's eyesight and what is she having trouble doing?
7. What does Nora think of manicures?
8. What does Nora not like about her own purse?
9. What happens to Nora as she throws herself into the culinary arts?
10. What does Nora think of unwanted hairs and hair removal?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)