|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora handle Bill's lies regarding Gennifer?
(a) She knows the truth.
(b) She goes into denial.
(c) She rationalized them away.
(d) She discredits them.
2. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
3. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
(b) A hearty meal.
4. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay rights.
(b) Gay marriage.
(c) Gay adoption.
(d) Gays in the military.
6. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) Ten years.
(b) one year.
(c) Six years.
(d) three years.
7. What did Nora's mother die of?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) An overdose of sleeping pills.
8. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
(a) Advice on self-help.
(b) Advice on aging.
(c) Advice on emails.
(d) Advice on money.
9. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
(a) Wish you had taken it.
(b) Wish you had not taken it.
(c) Wish you could have figured things out yourself.
(d) Wish you would have questioned it.
10. How many times does Nora enter her own kitchen?
(a) When a meal is being prepared.
(b) A couple of times a day.
(c) Nora does not cook.
(d) Hundreds of times a day
11. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Why they should live in New York.
(b) Where their friends live.
(c) Where they want to live.
(d) Where they live themselves.
12. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
(a) She tries to publish a White House memoir.
(b) She publicly admits to having an affair with JFK.
(c) Her college asks her for a review of her internship.
(d) She prints a copy of a news article on Mimi Fahnestock's affair.
13. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
14. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
15. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A desk or typewriter.
(b) A decent cup of coffee.
(c) An office of her own.
(d) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
2. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
3. What is Nora's job in the White House?
4. What is the structure of Nora's apartment?
5. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)