|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A decent cup of coffee.
(b) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
(c) A desk or typewriter.
(d) An office of her own.
2. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her youth.
3. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She was not agreeable enough.
(b) She was overweight.
(c) She was not a blonde.
(d) She had bad hair and clothes.
4. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
(a) Three months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
5. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
(a) How he is dressed.
(b) How he holds himself among a crowd.
(c) The rhythm in which he speaks.
(d) How he looks and sounds.
6. How does Nora feel about her divorces?
(a) She is reminiscent of the past.
(b) She feels free of obligation.
(c) She is sad but moves on.
(d) She is deeply affected.
7. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
(a) Having a doorman.
(b) The shopping.
(c) The subway.
(d) The art and culture.
8. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
(a) A food critic.
(b) A chef.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A food writer.
9. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "Yes, of course"
(b) "It's to the left"
(d) "I don't know"
10. What is Nora's neighborhood like?
(a) It is near Central Park.
(b) There are all types of stores and services.
(c) There are many urban projects.
(d) It is clean and quiet.
11. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
(a) Advice on aging.
(b) Advice on self-help.
(c) Advice on emails.
(d) Advice on money.
12. What can Nora find within a two block radius of her apartment?
(a) Her favorite restaurants.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) Every store and service.
(d) Boutiques and delis.
13. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
14. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Diane Sawyer.
(b) Katie Couric.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Meg Ryan.
15. If Nora was propositioned by JFK, what is the one thing she would not have been able to do?
(a) Keep up personal appearances.
(b) Buy a new wardrobe.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Wear perfect hair and makeup daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
2. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
3. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
4. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
5. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)