|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
2. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
3. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
4. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Margaret Atwood.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) Michael Chabon.
(d) Amy Bloom.
5. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
(a) A chef.
(b) A food critic.
(c) A food writer.
(d) A waitress.
6. After the Bill and Monica affair, how does Nora view Bill and his character?
(a) He's a dirty politician.
(b) He's a hypocrite.
(c) He's a misogynist.
(d) He's a chauvinist.
7. What has happened in New York that does not detour Nora Ephron from living there?
(a) Neighborhood prostitution rings.
(b) Political corruption.
(c) The rise of the crime rate.
8. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
9. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
(a) Mrs. Herbst's Hungarian Bakery.
(b) Mrs. Hebet's Hungarian Bakery.
(c) Mrs. Herbert's Hungarian Bakery.
(d) Mrs. Herb's Hungarian Bakery.
10. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The President.
(b) The Speaker of the House.
(c) The Vice-President.
(d) A Supreme Court Justice.
11. What do wise people want younger people to do?
(a) Take advice.
(b) Write about advice.
(c) Dispense advice.
(d) Become mentors.
12. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
(a) A quest.
(b) A journey.
(c) A happy ending.
(d) A love affair.
13. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
14. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
15. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her living quarters.
(c) Her academics.
(d) Her weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
2. What is the structure of Nora's apartment?
3. How does Nora feel about her divorces?
4. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
5. Why can't Nora hear the question that JFK asks her directly?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)