|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora question in regarding to her time with Bill?
(a) What love even is.
(b) Her self-worth.
(c) What friendship is.
(d) Her value to Bill.
2. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Where their friends live.
(b) Where they live themselves.
(c) Where they want to live.
(d) Why they should live in New York.
3. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) one year.
(d) Ten years.
4. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She was not agreeable enough.
(b) She was not a blonde.
(c) She had bad hair and clothes.
(d) She was overweight.
5. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(b) Causes them to forget their life.
(c) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(d) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
6. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her youth.
7. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Global warming.
(b) The war.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Civil rights.
8. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
(a) Cleaning her home.
(b) Writing a movie script.
(c) A meal.
(d) Editing a movie.
9. What does Nora say comes with age?
10. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Bill Buckley.
(c) Bill Cosby.
(d) Bill Clinton.
11. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
13. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
14. Where is JFK walking to when he walks past Nora and asks her a question?
(a) To Airforce One.
(b) To his helicopter.
(c) To the restroom.
(d) To a meeting.
15. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
2. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
3. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
4. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
5. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)