|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
(a) Common sense.
(d) Benefits of age.
2. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
(a) Because it is such a satisfying accompaniment to soup.
(b) Because it is a perfect combination of flakes and vegetables.
(c) Because she found something she lost.
(d) Because the strudel reminds her of home.
3. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) Gay rights.
(c) Global warming.
(d) The war.
4. How many times does Nora enter her own kitchen?
(a) A couple of times a day.
(b) When a meal is being prepared.
(c) Nora does not cook.
(d) Hundreds of times a day
5. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
6. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
7. Why can't Nora hear the question that JFK asks her directly?
(a) Because Nora is too star struck.
(b) Because someone is talking over her.
(c) Because of the noise of the heliocopter.
(d) Because The Speaker of the House answers JFK first.
8. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She was not a blonde.
(b) She was overweight.
(c) She was not agreeable enough.
(d) She had bad hair and clothes.
9. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
10. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
(a) Nora gets the recipe to make it herself.
(b) Andre opens a second bakery with the strudel.
(c) Nora's friend demands the strudel for her.
(d) Andre tells Nora the strudel is officially off the menu.
11. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Magazine.
12. What is the structure of Nora's apartment?
(b) Narrow and vertical.
(d) A rounded studio.
13. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
14. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
(a) a computer addict
(b) A workaholic
(c) A mouse potato.
(d) Jittery and anxious
15. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
2. What is Nora always on the lookout for?
3. What do wise people want younger people to do?
4. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
5. What has happened in New York that does not detour Nora Ephron from living there?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)