|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the story of Nora and JFK bring reality to?
(a) The trying times of the 1960's.
(b) The marriage between John and Jackie.
(c) The glamour and public intrigue of the White House.
(d) Nora's own personal problems.
2. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
3. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
4. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) A Supreme Court Justice.
(b) The Speaker of the House.
(c) The Vice-President.
(d) The President.
5. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(d) South America.
6. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
(c) A hearty meal.
7. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The New York Times.
8. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
(a) Mrs. Herbst's Hungarian Bakery.
(b) Mrs. Herb's Hungarian Bakery.
(c) Mrs. Hebet's Hungarian Bakery.
(d) Mrs. Herbert's Hungarian Bakery.
9. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay adoption.
(b) Gays in the military.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Gay marriage.
10. How does Nora relate to the characters in her favorite novels?
(a) She imagines writing their stories.
(b) She imagines writing a movie script for their stories.
(c) She imagines being a part of their world.
(d) She imagines finding a solution to their problems.
11. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
12. What was one of Nora's favorite foods?
(a) Cabbage pie.
(b) Cabbage slaw.
(c) Cabbage strudel.
(d) Cabbage soup.
13. What is the good that comes of Nora's husband's affair while she is pregnant?
(a) Nora finds a new man.
(b) Nora realizes the value of fiction.
(c) Nora realizes she loves her child.
(d) Nora has a swift divorce.
14. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She was overweight.
(b) She was not agreeable enough.
(c) She was not a blonde.
(d) She had bad hair and clothes.
15. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
2. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
3. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
4. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
5. What does Nora believe Bill did as a result of his affair with Monica?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)