Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora feel about her divorces?
(a) She is deeply affected.
(b) She feels free of obligation.
(c) She is sad but moves on.
(d) She is reminiscent of the past.
2. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
3. What does Nora believe Bill did as a result of his affair with Monica?
(a) Throw away the Presidency.
(b) Throw away a great woman.
(c) Throw away hope for a nation.
(d) Throw away their relationship.
4. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
5. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
6. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
(b) San Franscisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. What does Nora offer the reader as she dispenses her advice and wisdom?
(c) An escape.
8. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
(a) She'll give him another chance.
(b) She'll move on entirely and without forgiveness.
(c) She feels pity for him.
(d) She'll forgive him but move on.
9. What does Nora do with the classics?
(a) She keeps them on her bookshelf.
(b) She makes scripts from them.
(c) She decorates her home with them.
(d) She reads them over and over.
10. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
(a) A food writer.
(b) A food critic.
(c) A chef.
(d) A waitress.
11. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
12. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
13. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
(a) Nora gets the recipe to make it herself.
(b) Andre tells Nora the strudel is officially off the menu.
(c) Andre opens a second bakery with the strudel.
(d) Nora's friend demands the strudel for her.
14. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Causes them to forget their life.
(b) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(c) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(d) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
15. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nora's mother die of?
2. What is the good that comes of Nora's husband's affair while she is pregnant?
3. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
4. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
5. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)