|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
3. How does Nora relate to the characters in her favorite novels?
(a) She imagines being a part of their world.
(b) She imagines writing a movie script for their stories.
(c) She imagines writing their stories.
(d) She imagines finding a solution to their problems.
4. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
(a) Mrs. Herbert's Hungarian Bakery.
(b) Mrs. Herb's Hungarian Bakery.
(c) Mrs. Hebet's Hungarian Bakery.
(d) Mrs. Herbst's Hungarian Bakery.
5. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) The war.
(b) Global warming.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Gay rights.
6. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
7. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
8. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(a) Manic depression.
(b) The bends.
9. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1960's Boston.
(b) 1940's New York.
(c) 1930's Montana.
(d) 1930's New Jersey.
10. What does Nora do with the classics?
(a) She reads them over and over.
(b) She keeps them on her bookshelf.
(c) She decorates her home with them.
(d) She makes scripts from them.
11. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(b) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(c) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
(d) Causes them to forget their life.
12. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
13. What is Nora's job in the White House?
(d) Wait staff.
14. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Amy Bloom.
(b) Michael Chabon.
(c) Michael Crichton.
(d) Margaret Atwood.
15. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
2. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
3. What does Nora question in regarding to her time with Bill?
4. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
5. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)