|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
2. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
(b) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(c) Causes them to forget their life.
(d) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
4. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1930's New Jersey.
(b) 1930's Montana.
(c) 1940's New York.
(d) 1960's Boston.
5. What can Nora find within a two block radius of her apartment?
(a) Boutiques and delis.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) Her favorite restaurants.
(d) Every store and service.
6. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(c) The bends.
(d) Manic depression.
7. What did Nora's mother die of?
(a) An overdose of sleeping pills.
(d) Heart disease.
8. What does the story of Nora and JFK bring reality to?
(a) The marriage between John and Jackie.
(b) The trying times of the 1960's.
(c) Nora's own personal problems.
(d) The glamour and public intrigue of the White House.
9. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
10. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) A visual description of her life.
(b) A piece of her heart.
(c) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(d) Advice on how to advance their career.
11. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
12. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) Six years.
(b) one year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) three years.
13. What is the good that comes of Nora's husband's affair while she is pregnant?
(a) Nora finds a new man.
(b) Nora realizes the value of fiction.
(c) Nora has a swift divorce.
(d) Nora realizes she loves her child.
14. What kind of approach does Nora take when giving advice?
15. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
(a) Wish you would have questioned it.
(b) Wish you had taken it.
(c) Wish you could have figured things out yourself.
(d) Wish you had not taken it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do wise people want younger people to do?
2. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
3. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
4. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
5. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)