|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her academics.
(d) Her living quarters.
2. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
3. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Seven months.
4. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
(a) Wish you had taken it.
(b) Wish you would have questioned it.
(c) Wish you had not taken it.
(d) Wish you could have figured things out yourself.
5. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Meg Ryan.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Katie Couric.
6. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The President.
(b) The Speaker of the House.
(c) The Vice-President.
(d) A Supreme Court Justice.
7. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(d) South America.
8. What does Nora offer the reader as she dispenses her advice and wisdom?
(a) An escape.
9. What is Nora always on the lookout for?
(a) The next great book.
(b) The next great movie.
(c) The next great play.
(d) The next great actress.
10. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A decent cup of coffee.
(b) A desk or typewriter.
(c) An office of her own.
(d) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
11. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
(a) Couch potatoes.
(d) Drug addicts.
12. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
13. After the Bill and Monica affair, how does Nora view Bill and his character?
(a) He's a dirty politician.
(b) He's a misogynist.
(c) He's a chauvinist.
(d) He's a hypocrite.
14. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
(a) Pulls the reader in and takes them off in their imagination.
(b) Helps to unravel and solve their own problems.
(c) Causes them to forget their life.
(d) Provides distraction from their everyday life.
15. What can Nora find within a two block radius of her apartment?
(a) Every store and service.
(b) Boutiques and delis.
(c) Her favorite restaurants.
(d) Chinese food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
2. What is Nora's job in the White House?
3. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
4. Why does Nora think the advice she gives might not be heard?
5. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)