|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A food writer.
(c) A food critic.
(d) A chef.
2. What can Nora find within a two block radius of her apartment?
(a) Every store and service.
(b) Boutiques and delis.
(c) Her favorite restaurants.
(d) Chinese food.
3. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
4. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
(a) A hearty meal.
5. What has happened in New York that does not detour Nora Ephron from living there?
(b) The rise of the crime rate.
(c) Political corruption.
(d) Neighborhood prostitution rings.
6. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
(a) Advice on aging.
(b) Advice on self-help.
(c) Advice on money.
(d) Advice on emails.
7. How does Nora relate to the characters in her favorite novels?
(a) She imagines being a part of their world.
(b) She imagines finding a solution to their problems.
(c) She imagines writing a movie script for their stories.
(d) She imagines writing their stories.
8. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
(b) A magazine article about weight issues.
(c) A magazine article about having small breasts.
(d) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
9. What does the story of Nora and JFK bring reality to?
(a) The trying times of the 1960's.
(b) The glamour and public intrigue of the White House.
(c) The marriage between John and Jackie.
(d) Nora's own personal problems.
10. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
(a) A mouse potato.
(b) a computer addict
(c) A workaholic
(d) Jittery and anxious
11. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
(a) Because it is a perfect combination of flakes and vegetables.
(b) Because she found something she lost.
(c) Because the strudel reminds her of home.
(d) Because it is such a satisfying accompaniment to soup.
13. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nine months.
14. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Speaker of the House.
(b) The Vice-President.
(c) A Supreme Court Justice.
(d) The President.
15. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She had bad hair and clothes.
(b) She was not agreeable enough.
(c) She was not a blonde.
(d) She was overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
2. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
3. What was one of Nora's favorite foods?
4. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
5. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)