|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora always on the lookout for?
(a) The next great movie.
(b) The next great book.
(c) The next great actress.
(d) The next great play.
2. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
(a) See the opportunity in the moment.
(b) See the wisdom in the moment.
(c) See the humor in the moment.
(d) See the compassion in the moment.
3. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
(a) Her college asks her for a review of her internship.
(b) She publicly admits to having an affair with JFK.
(c) She tries to publish a White House memoir.
(d) She prints a copy of a news article on Mimi Fahnestock's affair.
4. What form of literature does Nora say can place her in rapture?
5. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
(b) When Harry Met Sally.
(c) Sleepless in Seattle.
(d) Julie & Julia.
6. What is the tragedy of lost food, according to Nora?
(a) It is only a matter of finding, but the finding is challenging.
(b) It becomes only a memory.
(c) It destroys one's love affair with food.
(d) It is something that average cooks cannot replicate.
7. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
8. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
9. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
(a) Bill Buckley.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Bill Cosby.
(d) Bill Gates.
10. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
(a) She'll give him another chance.
(b) She feels pity for him.
(c) She'll forgive him but move on.
(d) She'll move on entirely and without forgiveness.
11. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A decent cup of coffee.
(b) An office of her own.
(c) A desk or typewriter.
(d) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
12. If Nora was propositioned by JFK, what is the one thing she would not have been able to do?
(a) Buy a new wardrobe.
(b) Keep up personal appearances.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Wear perfect hair and makeup daily.
13. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
(a) A meal.
(b) Editing a movie.
(c) Cleaning her home.
(d) Writing a movie script.
14. What do wise people want younger people to do?
(a) Take advice.
(b) Become mentors.
(c) Write about advice.
(d) Dispense advice.
15. What did Nora's mother die of?
(b) Heart disease.
(c) An overdose of sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
2. According to Nora, what does a great story do?
3. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
4. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
5. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)