|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1960's Boston.
(b) 1930's Montana.
(c) 1940's New York.
(d) 1930's New Jersey.
2. What does Nora say comes with age?
3. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
(a) How he is dressed.
(b) How he looks and sounds.
(c) The rhythm in which he speaks.
(d) How he holds himself among a crowd.
4. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
(a) Where they live themselves.
(b) Where they want to live.
(c) Where their friends live.
(d) Why they should live in New York.
5. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
6. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
(a) She'll move on entirely and without forgiveness.
(b) She feels pity for him.
(c) She'll give him another chance.
(d) She'll forgive him but move on.
7. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
(a) The problems of her life she is reminded of.
(b) Where she was when she read them.
(c) The characters.
(d) The intriguing plot.
8. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
(a) See the opportunity in the moment.
(b) See the compassion in the moment.
(c) See the wisdom in the moment.
(d) See the humor in the moment.
9. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay marriage.
(b) Gays in the military.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Gay adoption.
10. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
(a) Advice on emails.
(b) Advice on aging.
(c) Advice on self-help.
(d) Advice on money.
11. What does Nora offer the reader as she dispenses her advice and wisdom?
(b) An escape.
12. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
13. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
(a) Less space to clean.
(b) Less space to fill.
(c) Less space to manage.
(d) Less space for out of town visitors.
14. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
15. Why can't Nora hear the question that JFK asks her directly?
(a) Because someone is talking over her.
(b) Because The Speaker of the House answers JFK first.
(c) Because of the noise of the heliocopter.
(d) Because Nora is too star struck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora feel about her divorces?
2. What does Nora do with the classics?
3. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
4. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
5. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)