|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
(a) A quest.
(b) A journey.
(c) A happy ending.
(d) A love affair.
2. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The New York Post.
3. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1930's Montana.
(b) 1930's New Jersey.
(c) 1940's New York.
(d) 1960's Boston.
4. What do wise people want younger people to do?
(a) Become mentors.
(b) Write about advice.
(c) Take advice.
(d) Dispense advice.
5. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
6. What was one of Nora's favorite foods?
(a) Cabbage slaw.
(b) Cabbage strudel.
(c) Cabbage pie.
(d) Cabbage soup.
7. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
(a) Sleepless in Seattle.
(b) Julie & Julia.
(c) When Harry Met Sally.
8. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Vice-President.
(b) A Supreme Court Justice.
(c) The Speaker of the House.
(d) The President.
9. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(b) Advice on how to advance their career.
(c) A visual description of her life.
(d) A piece of her heart.
10. Why is Nora so happy about the cabbage strudel?
(a) Because the strudel reminds her of home.
(b) Because it is a perfect combination of flakes and vegetables.
(c) Because she found something she lost.
(d) Because it is such a satisfying accompaniment to soup.
11. What is Nora's job in the White House?
(d) Wait staff.
12. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. What is Nora's neighborhood like?
(a) It is clean and quiet.
(b) There are all types of stores and services.
(c) It is near Central Park.
(d) There are many urban projects.
14. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
(b) Good advice that was not taken.
(c) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
(d) Bad advice from well meaning people.
15. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
(a) The shopping.
(b) The art and culture.
(c) The subway.
(d) Having a doorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something else that Nora has lost that is beyond her control?
2. What kind of advice does Nora mostly dispense in the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known"?
3. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
4. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
5. What does Nora cause the reader to think about as they read about where she lives?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)