|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Magazine.
2. Who tells Nora about Andre's Hungarian Bakery opening?
(a) A food writer.
(b) A food critic.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A chef.
3. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
(b) A decent cup of coffee.
(c) A desk or typewriter.
(d) An office of her own.
4. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(a) South America.
5. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
(a) She prints a copy of a news article on Mimi Fahnestock's affair.
(b) She tries to publish a White House memoir.
(c) Her college asks her for a review of her internship.
(d) She publicly admits to having an affair with JFK.
6. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
(a) See the opportunity in the moment.
(b) See the wisdom in the moment.
(c) See the compassion in the moment.
(d) See the humor in the moment.
7. Where does the book she is reading in "Rapture" take her?
(a) 1940's New York.
(b) 1930's New Jersey.
(c) 1930's Montana.
(d) 1960's Boston.
8. What is the tragedy of lost food, according to Nora?
(a) It destroys one's love affair with food.
(b) It is something that average cooks cannot replicate.
(c) It is only a matter of finding, but the finding is challenging.
(d) It becomes only a memory.
9. What does one want to have when they are younger and could really use?
10. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her academics.
(c) Her living quarters.
(d) Her boyfriend.
11. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay marriage.
(b) Gay adoption.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Gays in the military.
12. What was one of Nora's favorite foods?
(a) Cabbage soup.
(b) Cabbage slaw.
(c) Cabbage pie.
(d) Cabbage strudel.
13. What is the biggest pro to living in a small apartment in New York?
(a) Less space to clean.
(b) Less space for out of town visitors.
(c) Less space to manage.
(d) Less space to fill.
14. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "I don't know"
(b) "It's to the left"
(c) "Yes, of course"
15. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Franscisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
2. What does most of the advice that Nora offers fall under the umbrella of?
3. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
4. What does Nora say comes with age?
5. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)