|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(b) The bends.
(c) Manic depression.
2. What does Nora question in regarding to her time with Bill?
(a) What friendship is.
(b) Her self-worth.
(c) Her value to Bill.
(d) What love even is.
3. Why can't Nora hear the question that JFK asks her directly?
(a) Because The Speaker of the House answers JFK first.
(b) Because of the noise of the heliocopter.
(c) Because someone is talking over her.
(d) Because Nora is too star struck.
4. What is Nora's job in the White House?
(b) Wait staff.
5. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
6. After the Bill and Monica affair, how does Nora view Bill and his character?
(a) He's a hypocrite.
(b) He's a dirty politician.
(c) He's a misogynist.
(d) He's a chauvinist.
7. How many times does Nora enter her own kitchen?
(a) Hundreds of times a day
(b) Nora does not cook.
(c) A couple of times a day.
(d) When a meal is being prepared.
8. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gays in the military.
(b) Gay marriage.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) Gay adoption.
9. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
10. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) Advice on how to advance their career.
(b) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(c) A visual description of her life.
(d) A piece of her heart.
11. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Meg Ryan.
12. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(a) South America.
13. What does Nora say comes with age?
14. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
(a) Where she was when she read them.
(b) The problems of her life she is reminded of.
(c) The characters.
(d) The intriguing plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
2. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
3. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
4. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
5. How does Nora handle Bill's lies regarding Gennifer?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)