|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora infuse throughout the chapter "What I Wish I'd Known" that makes it easy to read?
2. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Gay rights.
(b) The war.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Global warming.
3. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
(a) The problems of her life she is reminded of.
(b) Where she was when she read them.
(c) The intriguing plot.
(d) The characters.
4. What does Nora savor after she has found the strudel?
(b) A hearty meal.
5. What is the tragedy of lost food, according to Nora?
(a) It is only a matter of finding, but the finding is challenging.
(b) It destroys one's love affair with food.
(c) It is something that average cooks cannot replicate.
(d) It becomes only a memory.
6. What is Nora always on the lookout for?
(a) The next great movie.
(b) The next great book.
(c) The next great actress.
(d) The next great play.
7. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
(a) A happy ending.
(b) A quest.
(c) A journey.
(d) A love affair.
8. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
9. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
10. How does Nora handle Bill's lies regarding Gennifer?
(a) She knows the truth.
(b) She discredits them.
(c) She goes into denial.
(d) She rationalized them away.
11. What bakery did Nora used to find her favorite cabbage strudel?
(a) Mrs. Hebet's Hungarian Bakery.
(b) Mrs. Herbert's Hungarian Bakery.
(c) Mrs. Herb's Hungarian Bakery.
(d) Mrs. Herbst's Hungarian Bakery.
12. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She had bad hair and clothes.
(b) She was not a blonde.
(c) She was not agreeable enough.
(d) She was overweight.
13. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her living quarters.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her academics.
14. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
(b) Couch potatoes.
(c) Drug addicts.
15. After Nora sees Bill on television again, what does she think to herself?
(a) She'll move on entirely and without forgiveness.
(b) She feels pity for him.
(c) She'll forgive him but move on.
(d) She'll give him another chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
2. What does Nora say is easy to do when it comes to advice?
3. What does Nora say is easier to do once the experience has played out?
4. What does Nora compare the rapture of a great book to?
5. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)