|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nora think the advice she gives might not be heard?
(a) Because people rebel against advice.
(b) Because most people are stubborn.
(c) Because people learn from their own mistakes.
(d) Because people do not trust advice.
2. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
(a) Having a doorman.
(b) The art and culture.
(c) The shopping.
(d) The subway.
3. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
(a) Sleepless in Seattle.
(c) When Harry Met Sally.
(d) Julie & Julia.
4. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A desk or typewriter.
(b) A decent cup of coffee.
(c) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
(d) An office of her own.
5. How does Nora describe herself as she sits in front of her computer?
(a) A workaholic
(b) A mouse potato.
(c) Jittery and anxious
(d) a computer addict
6. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
(a) Sifting through paperwork.
(b) Walking the halls of the White House.
(c) Making tea for the President.
(d) Standing by a file cabinet.
7. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Gay rights.
(b) Global warming.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) The war.
8. Which "Bill" is Nora referring to in the chapter "Me and Bill?"
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Bill Buckley.
(c) Bill Cosby.
(d) Bill Clinton.
9. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about weight issues.
(b) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
(c) A magazine article about having small breasts.
(d) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
10. What does Nora compare the rapture of a great book to?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A dance.
(c) A diver.
11. How does Nora relate to the characters in her favorite novels?
(a) She imagines writing a movie script for their stories.
(b) She imagines being a part of their world.
(c) She imagines writing their stories.
(d) She imagines finding a solution to their problems.
12. What did Nora feel at the beginning of her relationship with Bill?
13. How far along was Nora in her pregnancy when she learns that her second husband is in love with another woman?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Three months.
14. Where is JFK walking to when he walks past Nora and asks her a question?
(a) To a meeting.
(b) To Airforce One.
(c) To the restroom.
(d) To his helicopter.
15. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) A visual description of her life.
(b) A snapshot of her ambitions.
(c) Advice on how to advance their career.
(d) A piece of her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
2. Where is Andre's Hungarian Bakery located?
3. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
4. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
5. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)