Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
(a) Writing a movie script.
(b) Editing a movie.
(c) Cleaning her home.
(d) A meal.
2. What is Nora's job in the White House?
(c) Wait staff.
3. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Speaker of the House.
(b) The Vice-President.
(c) The President.
(d) A Supreme Court Justice.
4. According to Nora, what is a small but valued plus to living in New York City?
(a) The art and culture.
(b) The subway.
(c) Having a doorman.
(d) The shopping.
5. What magazine article does Nora write when she realizes her life has changed and she is now a writer?
(a) A magazine article about living in Los Angeles.
(b) A magazine article about being a New Yorker.
(c) A magazine article about having small breasts.
(d) A magazine article about weight issues.
6. Who does Nora equate her computer addiction to?
(a) Drug addicts.
(c) Couch potatoes.
7. What does Nora do with the classics?
(a) She makes scripts from them.
(b) She reads them over and over.
(c) She decorates her home with them.
(d) She keeps them on her bookshelf.
8. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Meg Ryan.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Nora Ephron.
9. What political issue does Nora wish Bill would speak out against?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) Global warming.
(c) Gay rights.
(d) The war.
10. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(c) Manic depression.
(d) The bends.
11. What does Nora perceive the hunt to find cabbage strudel to be?
(a) A quest.
(b) A love affair.
(c) A happy ending.
(d) A journey.
12. During the writing of the script of what movie does Nora come face to face with a Rorschach, meaning that when you ask a group of people about a particular event, everyone will have a different answer?
(a) Julie & Julia.
(b) Sleepless in Seattle.
(d) When Harry Met Sally.
13. What does Nora give to the reader in the Chapter "Where I Live?"
(a) Advice on how to advance their career.
(b) A piece of her heart.
(c) A visual description of her life.
(d) A snapshot of her ambitions.
14. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her academics.
(c) Her living quarters.
(d) Her weight.
15. Where is Andre's Hungarian Bakery located?
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
2. Who does Bill lie about that Nora rationalizes away?
3. What city does Nora Ephron move to when she is five years old, but misses home and does not fit in?
4. What is the tragedy of lost food, according to Nora?
5. What leads to Nora's personal story of being an intern at the White House while JFK was President?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)