|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what political circumstance does Nora Ephron refuse to support Bill?
(a) Gay marriage.
(b) Gay rights.
(c) Gay adoption.
(d) Gays in the military.
2. Where is Andre's Hungarian Bakery located?
(a) The Bronx.
3. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
(a) The problems of her life she is reminded of.
(b) Where she was when she read them.
(c) The intriguing plot.
(d) The characters.
4. What has happened in New York that does not detour Nora Ephron from living there?
(a) The rise of the crime rate.
(b) Neighborhood prostitution rings.
(d) Political corruption.
5. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) Bad advice from well meaning people.
(b) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
(c) Good advice that was not taken.
(d) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
6. When was the last time Nora was able to find cabbage strudel?
7. Who does Nora save when he gets locked in the nearby Men's room?
(a) The Vice-President.
(b) A Supreme Court Justice.
(c) The President.
(d) The Speaker of the House.
8. What is Nora impressed by when she sees Bill on television?
(a) The rhythm in which he speaks.
(b) How he looks and sounds.
(c) How he holds himself among a crowd.
(d) How he is dressed.
9. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
10. What is Nora's job in the White House?
(d) Wait staff.
11. What is the name of the woman who admits to having an affair with JFK?
12. Why does Nora believe she was never propositioned by JFK?
(a) She had bad hair and clothes.
(b) She was overweight.
(c) She was not a blonde.
(d) She was not agreeable enough.
13. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Diane Sawyer.
(d) Meg Ryan.
14. How does Nora feel about her divorces?
(a) She is reminiscent of the past.
(b) She feels free of obligation.
(c) She is sad but moves on.
(d) She is deeply affected.
15. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(a) Manic depression.
(d) The bends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nora claim her time was spent while she was at the White House?
2. What does Nora say comes with age?
3. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
4. How does Nora relate to the characters in her favorite novels?
5. After the Bill and Monica affair, how does Nora view Bill and his character?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)