|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author is Nora reading when she writes the chapter "Rapture?"
(a) Michael Chabon.
(b) Michael Crichton.
(c) Margaret Atwood.
(d) Amy Bloom.
2. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) Six years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) three years.
(d) one year.
3. What medical condition does Nora equate to from spending too much time enjoying a great book?
(a) The bends.
(b) Manic depression.
4. How does Nora handle Bill's lies regarding Gennifer?
(a) She rationalized them away.
(b) She goes into denial.
(c) She discredits them.
(d) She knows the truth.
5. Who does the character of Sally most resemble in the film "When Harry Met Sally?"
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Meg Ryan.
6. What newspaper is Nora given the change to write for, realizing her dream of being a journalist at the age of twenty-two?
(a) The New York Magazine.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The New Yorker.
7. How does Nora feel when the story of Bill and Monica comes out?
8. In what city does Nora Ephron live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
9. What does Nora believe Bill did as a result of his affair with Monica?
(a) Throw away the Presidency.
(b) Throw away their relationship.
(c) Throw away hope for a nation.
(d) Throw away a great woman.
10. What does Nora offer the reader as she dispenses her advice and wisdom?
(c) An escape.
11. What is Nora's response to JFK's question?
(a) "It's to the left"
(c) "I don't know"
(d) "Yes, of course"
12. What is Nora's biggest issue in college?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her living quarters.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her academics.
13. What happens after Nora's first request for cabbage strudel is denied by the owner of Andre's bakery?
(a) Andre opens a second bakery with the strudel.
(b) Andre tells Nora the strudel is officially off the menu.
(c) Nora gets the recipe to make it herself.
(d) Nora's friend demands the strudel for her.
14. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) Good advice that was not taken.
(b) Bad advice from well meaning people.
(c) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
(d) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
15. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora remember about the books that she reads?
2. If Nora was propositioned by JFK, what is the one thing she would not have been able to do?
3. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
4. What is Nora always on the lookout for?
5. What does Nora mention she is unable to finish because so is so enraptured by a book?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)