|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
3. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(c) A Grecian urn.
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Watch what they eat.
(b) Wear spaghetti straps.
(c) Look in the mirror.
5. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
(a) Advice from trusted community doctors.
(b) Advice from women who have children the same age.
(c) Dr. Spock.
(d) There is no advice that helps.
6. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
7. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A large plastic shopping bag.
(b) A clutch.
(c) A hobo bag.
(d) A Hermes bag.
8. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Lead to vitality.
(b) Turn back the clock.
(c) Transform oneself.
(d) Lead to better health.
9. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman in love.
(b) Being a woman about to marry.
(c) Being an aging woman.
(d) Being a woman expecting a child.
10. When does the job of parenting end?
(a) When the child marries.
(b) After the age of 18.
(c) The death of the parent.
(d) When the child begins adolescence.
11. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's taste in home decor.
(b) Nora's clothing style.
(c) Nora's attitude towards friends.
(d) Nora's philosophy on life.
12. What is Nora's most recent attempt at working out?
(a) She has taken up dance classes.
(b) She is training for a marathon.
(c) She has begun to study yoga.
(d) She has hired a trainer.
13. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Fictional book.
(c) Art books.
(d) History books.
14. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Marriage and friendships.
(b) Mental capacities.
(c) Physical characteristics.
(d) Divorce proceedings.
15. How does Nora's cooking style change?
(a) It moves from casual to gourmet.
(b) It moves from complicated to simple.
(c) It moves from gourmet to casual.
(d) It moves from simple to complicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
2. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
3. How does Nora feel about her declining eyesight?
4. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
5. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)