|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Nora think each women struggles with all on their own?
(a) Physical appearance.
(b) Career choice.
(c) Breast size.
2. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To enjoy the best things in life.
(b) To look and feel beautiful.
(c) To be successful.
(d) To be in shape.
3. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Physical characteristics.
(b) Mental capacities.
(c) Divorce proceedings.
(d) Marriage and friendships.
4. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(b) Almost everything a person does.
(c) Writing novels.
(d) Reading books.
5. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
(a) Grace Kelly's Hermes bag.
(b) Mary Poppin's bottomless carpet bag.
(c) A grocery gag.
(d) A bag lady's bag.
6. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
(a) Laws on pets.
(b) Air conditioning laws.
(c) Building code laws.
(d) Rent stabilization.
7. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An inspiration.
(b) A chore.
(c) An art.
(d) An expression.
8. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
(a) Twenty-six hundred dollars.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
9. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
10. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is cumbersome.
(b) That it does not have pockets.
(c) That it is unorganized.
(d) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
11. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(b) History books.
(c) Art books.
(d) Fictional book.
12. What is not easy to do as one ages?
13. How does Nora feel about her declining eyesight?
14. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) They way they treat others.
(b) They way they fall in love.
(c) They way they treat themselves.
(d) The way they lead their life.
15. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(b) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
2. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
3. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
4. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
5. What is happening to Nora's vision?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)