|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Nora's vision?
(a) It is changing.
(b) She is experiencing double vision.
(c) She is developing cataracts.
(d) It is blurring.
2. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
(c) The juicy plot.
(d) The escape.
3. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) No subject matter is untouchable.
(b) Health and beauty.
(d) Fashion and style.
4. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is cumbersome.
(b) That it is unorganized.
(c) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(d) That it does not have pockets.
5. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
6. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Body maintenance.
(c) Skin maintenance.
(d) Fashion maintenance.
7. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She rebels.
(b) She carries very little around with her.
(c) She works from home.
(d) She uses a backpack instead.
8. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(a) Bigger font.
(b) A magnifying glass.
9. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
10. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(a) A Grecian urn.
11. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Physical characteristics.
(b) Marriage and friendships.
(c) Mental capacities.
(d) Divorce proceedings.
12. How does Nora's cooking style change?
(a) It moves from gourmet to casual.
(b) It moves from complicated to simple.
(c) It moves from casual to gourmet.
(d) It moves from simple to complicated.
13. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a facial.
(b) Getting a massage.
(c) Getting a pedicure.
(d) Getting a manicure.
14. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her old flame.
(b) Her new lover.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) Her old friend.
15. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She loses weight.
(b) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She sweats indecently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
2. What might some consider cooking to be?
3. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
4. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
5. What is a cook's style very similar to?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)