|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The decolletage.
(c) The lips.
(d) The neck.
2. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is cumbersome.
(b) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(c) That it does not have pockets.
(d) That it is unorganized.
3. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Getting a face lift.
(b) Using Botox and Restylane.
(c) Having regular facials.
(d) Getting chemical peels.
4. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
(a) She is left for another woman.
(b) She cheats on her husband.
(c) She gets a divorce.
(d) She has another child.
5. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
(a) A woman in her twenties.
(b) A woman in her sixties.
(c) A woman having a mid-life crisis.
(d) A woman of any age.
6. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) The way they lead their life.
(b) They way they treat others.
(c) They way they treat themselves.
(d) They way they fall in love.
7. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
(a) Laws on pets.
(b) Air conditioning laws.
(c) Building code laws.
(d) Rent stabilization.
8. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
9. What topic does Nora think each women struggles with all on their own?
(a) Breast size.
(b) Career choice.
(c) Physical appearance.
10. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(b) She sweats indecently.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She loses weight.
11. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(c) Potions in bottles and jars.
12. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An airport traveler.
(c) A pack horse.
(d) A mule.
13. How does Nora feel about her declining eyesight?
14. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Body maintenance.
(b) Hair maintenance.
(c) Skin maintenance.
(d) Fashion maintenance.
15. What helps most people become inspired to cook?
(a) An incredible restaurant.
(b) An inspirational chef.
(c) A great cookbook.
(d) A catered event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
2. What does Nora miss being able to read?
3. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
4. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
5. What does Nora now have on her face because of menopause?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)