|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Upper West side.
(b) Upper East side.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Central Park.
2. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a massage.
(b) Getting a pedicure.
(c) Getting a manicure.
(d) Getting a facial.
3. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
(a) Julia Child.
(b) Michael Fields.
(c) Craig Claiborne.
(d) Lee Bailey.
4. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Fictional book.
(c) History books.
(d) Art books.
5. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
6. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
7. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She carries very little around with her.
(b) She uses a backpack instead.
(c) She works from home.
(d) She rebels.
8. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She loses weight.
(b) She gets hurt.
(c) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(d) She sweats indecently.
9. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
10. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
(a) Happily with child.
(b) Happily excited over a new job.
(c) Happily in love with a new lover.
(d) Happily remarried.
11. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
(a) She is left for another woman.
(b) She has another child.
(c) She cheats on her husband.
(d) She gets a divorce.
12. What does Nora miss being able to read?
(a) The telephone book.
(b) Magazine articles.
(d) The New York Times.
13. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
14. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A hobo bag.
(b) A large plastic shopping bag.
(c) A clutch.
(d) A Hermes bag.
15. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Become child-centered.
(b) Change their child.
(c) Let their child lead.
(d) Educate their child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
2. What is a cook's style very similar to?
3. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
4. What is the first stage of parenting?
5. How does Nora's cooking style change?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)