|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her neck.
2. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
(a) She has another child.
(b) She cheats on her husband.
(c) She is left for another woman.
(d) She gets a divorce.
3. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Fictional book.
(b) History books.
(d) Art books.
4. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) The purse strains her shoulder.
(b) She finds it too heavy.
(c) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
(d) She can never find anything in it.
5. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
(a) Happily remarried.
(b) Happily in love with a new lover.
(c) Happily with child.
(d) Happily excited over a new job.
6. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(d) Organizational skills.
7. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To be successful.
(b) To look and feel beautiful.
(c) To enjoy the best things in life.
(d) To be in shape.
8. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Look in the mirror.
(b) Watch what they eat.
(d) Wear spaghetti straps.
9. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Skin maintenance.
(c) Body maintenance.
(d) Fashion maintenance.
10. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Getting chemical peels.
(b) Getting a face lift.
(c) Using Botox and Restylane.
(d) Having regular facials.
11. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Ryland.
(b) Barbara Rosetti.
(c) Barbara Rosslyn.
(d) Barbara Ross.
12. What affects every human being?
(a) The aging process.
(b) The birth of a baby.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) The inevitability of death.
13. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A mule.
(c) An airport traveler.
(d) A pack horse.
14. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) They way they treat themselves.
(b) They way they treat others.
(c) The way they lead their life.
(d) They way they fall in love.
15. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
(a) Because it was never in style.
(b) Because she has seen it advertised in fashion magazines.
(c) Because it is a timeless piece.
(d) Because Grace Kelly had a bag like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
2. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
3. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
4. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
5. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)