|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An art.
(b) An expression.
(c) An inspiration.
(d) A chore.
2. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(c) Other parents.
(d) Best friends.
3. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) There is no advice that helps.
(c) Advice from women who have children the same age.
(d) Advice from trusted community doctors.
4. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
5. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
(a) Lee Bailey.
(b) Michael Fields.
(c) Craig Claiborne.
(d) Julia Child.
6. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) A difficult job.
(b) An inspiring job.
(c) A humbling job.
(d) A lifetime job.
7. What has nothing to do with age?
(a) Skin texture.
(d) Hearing loss.
8. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Getting a face lift.
(b) Getting chemical peels.
(c) Having regular facials.
(d) Using Botox and Restylane.
9. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a facial.
(b) Getting a massage.
(c) Getting a manicure.
(d) Getting a pedicure.
10. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Look in the mirror.
(b) Wear spaghetti straps.
(c) Watch what they eat.
11. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(a) Care and craftsmanship.
(c) Proper measurements.
(d) Quality ingredients.
12. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She finds it too heavy.
(b) The purse strains her shoulder.
(c) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
(d) She can never find anything in it.
13. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
14. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
(a) Happily in love with a new lover.
(b) Happily with child.
(c) Happily remarried.
(d) Happily excited over a new job.
15. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(c) Organizational skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
2. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
3. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
4. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
5. What is not easy to do as one ages?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)