|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(c) Potions in bottles and jars.
2. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Physical characteristics.
(b) Mental capacities.
(c) Marriage and friendships.
(d) Divorce proceedings.
3. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She sweats indecently.
(b) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She loses weight.
4. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
(c) The escape.
(d) The juicy plot.
5. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
(a) The loss of her children.
(b) The loss of love.
(c) The loss of her dog.
(d) The loss of her mother.
6. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
7. What does Nora miss being able to read?
(a) Magazine articles.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The New York Times.
8. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Fictional book.
(b) History books.
(c) Art books.
9. What does Nora Ephon do so that others do not have to witness her aging body?
(a) Dress for concealment.
(b) Turns to surgery.
(c) Stay indoors.
(d) Turns down social invitations.
10. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) A humbling job.
(b) A difficult job.
(c) A lifetime job.
(d) An inspiring job.
11. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Watch what they eat.
(b) Wear spaghetti straps.
(c) Look in the mirror.
12. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She finds it too heavy.
(b) The purse strains her shoulder.
(c) She can never find anything in it.
(d) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
13. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's attitude towards friends.
(b) Nora's clothing style.
(c) Nora's taste in home decor.
(d) Nora's philosophy on life.
14. When does the job of parenting end?
(a) When the child marries.
(b) When the child begins adolescence.
(c) The death of the parent.
(d) After the age of 18.
15. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
2. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
3. How does Nora feel about her declining eyesight?
4. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
5. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)