|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second stage of parenting?
(b) Young adulthood.
(c) the toddler years.
2. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
3. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(b) Organizational skills.
4. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(b) History books.
(c) Art books.
(d) Fictional book.
5. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A Hermes bag.
(b) A clutch.
(c) A large plastic shopping bag.
(d) A hobo bag.
6. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) Her magnifying glass.
(b) The script she is working on.
(c) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
(d) Her glasses.
7. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) An inspiring job.
(b) A lifetime job.
(c) A humbling job.
(d) A difficult job.
8. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being an aging woman.
(b) Being a woman in love.
(c) Being a woman expecting a child.
(d) Being a woman about to marry.
9. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
10. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
11. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child goes to college.
(b) When the child leaves the home.
(c) When the child marries.
(d) When the child has children.
12. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
(c) The escape.
(d) The juicy plot.
13. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
(a) She bit her nails.
(b) She went to the nail salon.
(c) She filed her nails.
(d) She ignored her nails.
14. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The child and siblings.
(b) The child and parent.
(c) The parent and the neighbors.
(d) The parent and spouse.
15. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Turn back the clock.
(b) Transform oneself.
(c) Lead to vitality.
(d) Lead to better health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
2. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
3. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
4. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
5. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)