|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
(a) Laws on pets.
(b) Air conditioning laws.
(c) Building code laws.
(d) Rent stabilization.
3. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
4. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty-six hundred dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
5. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is unorganized.
(b) That it is cumbersome.
(c) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(d) That it does not have pockets.
6. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A Hermes bag.
(b) A hobo bag.
(c) A large plastic shopping bag.
(d) A clutch.
7. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being an aging woman.
(b) Being a woman about to marry.
(c) Being a woman expecting a child.
(d) Being a woman in love.
8. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her old flame.
(b) Her old friend.
(c) Her new lover.
(d) Her future husband.
9. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) An inspiring job.
(b) A lifetime job.
(c) A humbling job.
(d) A difficult job.
10. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(b) She loses weight.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She sweats indecently.
11. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Advice from women who have children the same age.
(c) Advice from trusted community doctors.
(d) There is no advice that helps.
12. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Getting chemical peels.
(b) Having regular facials.
(c) Using Botox and Restylane.
(d) Getting a face lift.
13. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Body maintenance.
(c) Fashion maintenance.
(d) Skin maintenance.
14. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(b) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(c) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(d) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
15. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
(a) You already know you look great.
(b) You won't believe it anyway.
(c) Your friend is lying to you.
(d) Your friend wants to look better than you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
2. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
3. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
4. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
5. What has nothing to do with age?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)