|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Nora think each women struggles with all on their own?
(a) Physical appearance.
(c) Career choice.
(d) Breast size.
2. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(b) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(c) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(d) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
3. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her relationship.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her mode of transportation.
4. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A hobo bag.
(b) A large plastic shopping bag.
(c) A clutch.
(d) A Hermes bag.
5. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Upper East side.
(d) Upper West side.
6. What is the first stage of parenting?
(a) The child breastfeeding.
(c) The child being born.
(d) The child learning to walk.
7. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) The script she is working on.
(b) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her magnifying glass.
8. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
9. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
10. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Transform oneself.
(b) Turn back the clock.
(c) Lead to better health.
(d) Lead to vitality.
11. What does Nora want to happen even though she does not like to exercise?
(a) Get into shape.
(b) Improve her strength.
(c) Improve her stamina.
(d) Get flexible.
12. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Marriage and friendships.
(b) Divorce proceedings.
(c) Mental capacities.
(d) Physical characteristics.
13. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) The way they lead their life.
(b) They way they fall in love.
(c) They way they treat themselves.
(d) They way they treat others.
14. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Almost everything a person does.
(c) Writing novels.
(d) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
15. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty-six hundred dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
2. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
3. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
5. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)