|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman expecting a child.
(b) Being a woman in love.
(c) Being a woman about to marry.
(d) Being an aging woman.
3. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(b) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(c) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(d) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
4. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
(a) Anthony Bourdain.
(b) Wolfgang Puck.
(c) Guy Savoy.
(d) Julia Child.
5. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She can never find anything in it.
(b) The purse strains her shoulder.
(c) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
(d) She finds it too heavy.
6. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
(a) The escape.
(c) The juicy plot.
7. What is the first stage of parenting?
(a) The child being born.
(b) The child learning to walk.
(d) The child breastfeeding.
8. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(b) That it does not have pockets.
(c) That it is unorganized.
(d) That it is cumbersome.
9. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
(a) Her younger and more attractive neck.
(b) Her younger and more attractive derriere.
(c) Her younger and more attractive decolletage.
(d) Her younger and more attractive hands.
10. When does the job of parenting end?
(a) When the child marries.
(b) After the age of 18.
(c) When the child begins adolescence.
(d) The death of the parent.
11. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Fictional book.
(b) History books.
(c) Art books.
12. What does Nora miss being able to read?
(a) The New York Times.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) Magazine articles.
13. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Physical characteristics.
(b) Mental capacities.
(c) Marriage and friendships.
(d) Divorce proceedings.
14. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
15. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
2. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
3. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
4. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
5. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)