|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora want to happen even though she does not like to exercise?
(a) Get into shape.
(b) Improve her strength.
(c) Get flexible.
(d) Improve her stamina.
2. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A pack horse.
(c) An airport traveler.
(d) A mule.
3. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
4. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) A humbling job.
(b) A difficult job.
(c) An inspiring job.
(d) A lifetime job.
5. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her neck.
6. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Body maintenance.
(c) Fashion maintenance.
(d) Skin maintenance.
7. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Upper East side.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Upper West side.
(d) Greenwich Village.
8. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Lead to vitality.
(b) Lead to better health.
(c) Transform oneself.
(d) Turn back the clock.
9. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(b) Bigger font.
(d) A magnifying glass.
10. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
11. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) Health and beauty.
(b) Fashion and style.
(c) No subject matter is untouchable.
12. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The child and siblings.
(b) The parent and spouse.
(c) The child and parent.
(d) The parent and the neighbors.
13. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Change their child.
(b) Let their child lead.
(c) Educate their child.
(d) Become child-centered.
14. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
15. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Ross.
(b) Barbara Rosetti.
(c) Barbara Rosslyn.
(d) Barbara Ryland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
2. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
3. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
4. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
5. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)