|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(b) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
2. What is the first stage of parenting?
(a) The child being born.
(b) The child learning to walk.
(c) The child breastfeeding.
3. Who does Nora have imaginary conversations with?
4. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
5. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
(a) Happily remarried.
(b) Happily with child.
(c) Happily in love with a new lover.
(d) Happily excited over a new job.
6. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Look in the mirror.
(b) Wear spaghetti straps.
(d) Watch what they eat.
7. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) The way they lead their life.
(b) They way they treat themselves.
(c) They way they treat others.
(d) They way they fall in love.
8. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
9. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's taste in home decor.
(b) Nora's clothing style.
(c) Nora's philosophy on life.
(d) Nora's attitude towards friends.
10. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Getting chemical peels.
(b) Getting a face lift.
(c) Using Botox and Restylane.
(d) Having regular facials.
11. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(b) Other parents.
(c) Best friends.
12. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Body maintenance.
(b) Skin maintenance.
(c) Hair maintenance.
(d) Fashion maintenance.
13. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The child and siblings.
(b) The child and parent.
(c) The parent and the neighbors.
(d) The parent and spouse.
14. What did Nora used to do to be rid of unwanted hairs?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Use hair bleach.
(c) Shave them.
(d) Pluck them out.
15. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
(a) Laws on pets.
(b) Air conditioning laws.
(c) Rent stabilization.
(d) Building code laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
2. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
3. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
4. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
5. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)