|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Upper West side.
(c) Upper East side.
(d) Greenwich Village.
2. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) A difficult job.
(b) A humbling job.
(c) A lifetime job.
(d) An inspiring job.
3. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
(a) On break between novels.
(b) In the evenings after work.
(c) When she worked on scripts.
(d) When she was a young reporter.
4. What feeling does Nora's purse give to women everywhere who cannot seem to make traditional purses work?
5. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
6. What is the second stage of parenting?
(c) Young adulthood.
(d) the toddler years.
7. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(a) Quality ingredients.
(c) Proper measurements.
(d) Care and craftsmanship.
8. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) No subject matter is untouchable.
(b) Fashion and style.
(c) Health and beauty.
9. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Educate their child.
(b) Let their child lead.
(c) Become child-centered.
(d) Change their child.
10. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The decolletage.
(b) The lips.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The neck.
11. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To be in shape.
(b) To look and feel beautiful.
(c) To enjoy the best things in life.
(d) To be successful.
12. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(b) Organizational skills.
13. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She gets hurt.
(b) She sweats indecently.
(c) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(d) She loses weight.
14. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her relationship.
(d) Her mode of transportation.
15. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a manicure.
(b) Getting a pedicure.
(c) Getting a massage.
(d) Getting a facial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
2. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
3. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
4. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
5. What might some consider cooking to be?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)