|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Lead to vitality.
(b) Turn back the clock.
(c) Transform oneself.
(d) Lead to better health.
2. How does Nora's cooking style change?
(a) It moves from simple to complicated.
(b) It moves from casual to gourmet.
(c) It moves from complicated to simple.
(d) It moves from gourmet to casual.
3. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An art.
(b) An expression.
(c) A chore.
(d) An inspiration.
4. What kind of laws change as Nora is living in her new apartment?
(a) Air conditioning laws.
(b) Building code laws.
(c) Laws on pets.
(d) Rent stabilization.
5. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Watch what they eat.
(b) Wear spaghetti straps.
(d) Look in the mirror.
6. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
(a) You already know you look great.
(b) You won't believe it anyway.
(c) Your friend is lying to you.
(d) Your friend wants to look better than you.
7. What affects every human being?
(a) The birth of a baby.
(b) The inevitability of death.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) The aging process.
8. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman in love.
(b) Being a woman about to marry.
(c) Being an aging woman.
(d) Being a woman expecting a child.
9. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(b) Other parents.
(c) Best friends.
10. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The child and parent.
(b) The parent and spouse.
(c) The parent and the neighbors.
(d) The child and siblings.
11. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty-six hundred dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
12. What is the second stage of parenting?
(c) the toddler years.
(d) Young adulthood.
13. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
(b) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
14. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(a) Care and craftsmanship.
(c) Quality ingredients.
(d) Proper measurements.
15. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Style it with an outfit.
(b) Keep it clean.
(c) Make it work.
(d) Wear it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. What is the single ingredient that must be left out of every kitchen?
3. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
4. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
5. What does Nora miss being able to read?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)