|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) Fashion and style.
(b) No subject matter is untouchable.
(c) Health and beauty.
2. What did Nora used to do to be rid of unwanted hairs?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Pluck them out.
(c) Shave them.
(d) Use hair bleach.
3. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(b) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(c) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(d) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
4. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
5. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She gets hurt.
(b) She sweats indecently.
(c) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(d) She loses weight.
6. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her old friend.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) Her old flame.
(d) Her new lover.
7. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
(a) Her younger and more attractive derriere.
(b) Her younger and more attractive neck.
(c) Her younger and more attractive hands.
(d) Her younger and more attractive decolletage.
8. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(b) Other parents.
(d) Best friends.
9. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Let their child lead.
(b) Change their child.
(c) Become child-centered.
(d) Educate their child.
10. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Wear it out.
(b) Make it work.
(c) Style it with an outfit.
(d) Keep it clean.
11. What is not easy to do as one ages?
12. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
13. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) The script she is working on.
(c) Her magnifying glass.
(d) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
14. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Upper West side.
(d) Upper East side.
15. What affects every human being?
(a) The inevitability of death.
(b) The birth of a baby.
(c) The aging process.
(d) Love and marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Nora's vision?
2. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
3. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
4. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
5. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)