|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
(a) Anthony Bourdain.
(b) Guy Savoy.
(c) Julia Child.
(d) Wolfgang Puck.
2. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She loses weight.
(b) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(c) She sweats indecently.
(d) She gets hurt.
3. What is the second stage of parenting?
(a) the toddler years.
(d) Young adulthood.
4. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(b) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(c) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(d) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
5. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(b) Proper measurements.
(c) Quality ingredients.
(d) Care and craftsmanship.
6. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman about to marry.
(b) Being an aging woman.
(c) Being a woman expecting a child.
(d) Being a woman in love.
7. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her mode of transportation.
(d) Her relationship.
8. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child leaves the home.
(b) When the child has children.
(c) When the child goes to college.
(d) When the child marries.
9. How does Nora's cooking style change?
(a) It moves from complicated to simple.
(b) It moves from gourmet to casual.
(c) It moves from casual to gourmet.
(d) It moves from simple to complicated.
10. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Lead to vitality.
(b) Turn back the clock.
(c) Lead to better health.
(d) Transform oneself.
11. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Skin maintenance.
(b) Fashion maintenance.
(c) Hair maintenance.
(d) Body maintenance.
12. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
(a) A woman in her sixties.
(b) A woman of any age.
(c) A woman having a mid-life crisis.
(d) A woman in her twenties.
13. What topic does Nora think each women struggles with all on their own?
(a) Career choice.
(b) Breast size.
(d) Physical appearance.
14. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
15. What has nothing to do with age?
(b) Skin texture.
(d) Hearing loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might some consider cooking to be?
2. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
3. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
4. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
5. What is not easy to do as one ages?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)