|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(b) Potions in bottles and jars.
2. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Reading books.
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(d) Almost everything a person does.
3. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She uses a backpack instead.
(b) She rebels.
(c) She carries very little around with her.
(d) She works from home.
4. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A pack horse.
(c) A mule.
(d) An airport traveler.
5. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) Her old flame.
(c) Her old friend.
(d) Her new lover.
6. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Body maintenance.
(c) Skin maintenance.
(d) Fashion maintenance.
7. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Ryland.
(b) Barbara Ross.
(c) Barbara Rosetti.
(d) Barbara Rosslyn.
8. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A Hermes bag.
(b) A large plastic shopping bag.
(c) A hobo bag.
(d) A clutch.
9. What is the second stage of parenting?
(b) the toddler years.
(d) Young adulthood.
10. What has nothing to do with age?
(a) Skin texture.
(c) Hearing loss.
11. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being a woman expecting a child.
(b) Being a woman about to marry.
(c) Being a woman in love.
(d) Being an aging woman.
12. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(a) Bigger font.
(d) A magnifying glass.
13. What is not easy to do as one ages?
14. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(b) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(c) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(d) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
15. What does Nora want to happen even though she does not like to exercise?
(a) Get flexible.
(b) Improve her strength.
(c) Get into shape.
(d) Improve her stamina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
2. What is Nora's most recent attempt at working out?
3. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
4. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
5. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)