|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first stage of parenting?
(b) The child learning to walk.
(c) The child breastfeeding.
(d) The child being born.
2. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(a) Potions in bottles and jars.
3. What does Nora want to happen even though she does not like to exercise?
(a) Improve her strength.
(b) Get into shape.
(c) Improve her stamina.
(d) Get flexible.
4. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An inspiration.
(b) A chore.
(c) An expression.
(d) An art.
5. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her sister.
6. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(b) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(c) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(d) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
7. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
(b) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(c) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
8. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
(a) Her younger and more attractive derriere.
(b) Her younger and more attractive decolletage.
(c) Her younger and more attractive neck.
(d) Her younger and more attractive hands.
9. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Make it work.
(b) Keep it clean.
(c) Wear it out.
(d) Style it with an outfit.
10. Where does Nora find herself at the time she moves?
(a) Happily remarried.
(b) Happily excited over a new job.
(c) Happily with child.
(d) Happily in love with a new lover.
11. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
12. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(b) Almost everything a person does.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Writing novels.
13. What has nothing to do with age?
(b) Hearing loss.
(d) Skin texture.
14. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
15. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The parent and spouse.
(b) The child and siblings.
(c) The parent and the neighbors.
(d) The child and parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Nora often lose?
2. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
3. What do women seldom do as they get older?
4. What does Nora miss being able to read?
5. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)