|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora now have on her face because of menopause?
(a) A mustache.
(d) Deep wrinkles.
2. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
(a) When she worked on scripts.
(b) When she was a young reporter.
(c) On break between novels.
(d) In the evenings after work.
3. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The lips.
(b) The decolletage.
(c) The neck.
(d) The stomach.
4. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
5. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her niece.
6. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A mule.
(c) An airport traveler.
(d) A pack horse.
7. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
8. What subject matter does Nora Ephron refuse to discuss in her book?
(a) Health and beauty.
(b) No subject matter is untouchable.
(d) Fashion and style.
9. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(c) A Grecian urn.
10. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The parent and the neighbors.
(b) The child and siblings.
(c) The parent and spouse.
(d) The child and parent.
11. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is unorganized.
(b) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(c) That it is cumbersome.
(d) That it does not have pockets.
12. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
(a) New York City.
(c) Hong Kong.
13. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
(a) Your friend wants to look better than you.
(b) You won't believe it anyway.
(c) Your friend is lying to you.
(d) You already know you look great.
14. What is the first stage of parenting?
(b) The child learning to walk.
(c) The child being born.
(d) The child breastfeeding.
15. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
(a) Your parenting skills do not affect who your child becomes.
(b) Your parenting skills are a result of who you are.
(c) Your parenting skills affect who your child becomes.
(d) Your parenting skills are a result of how you were raised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
2. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
3. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
4. What is Nora's most recent attempt at working out?
5. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)