|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a cook's style very similar to?
(a) They way they treat themselves.
(b) They way they fall in love.
(c) The way they lead their life.
(d) They way they treat others.
2. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She carries very little around with her.
(b) She works from home.
(c) She uses a backpack instead.
(d) She rebels.
3. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(b) Fictional book.
(c) History books.
(d) Art books.
4. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(c) Bigger font.
(d) A magnifying glass.
5. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Keep it clean.
(b) Make it work.
(c) Wear it out.
(d) Style it with an outfit.
6. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
7. What does Nora now have on her face because of menopause?
(b) A mustache.
(d) Deep wrinkles.
8. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Upper West side.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Upper East side.
(d) Greenwich Village.
9. What age does Nora Ephron appear to be when she tells her anecdotes and stories?
(a) A woman having a mid-life crisis.
(b) A woman of any age.
(c) A woman in her twenties.
(d) A woman in her sixties.
10. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
(a) Grace Kelly's Hermes bag.
(b) A grocery gag.
(c) Mary Poppin's bottomless carpet bag.
(d) A bag lady's bag.
11. What is the chapter "Blind as a Bat" and ode to?
(d) A Grecian urn.
12. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
13. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
(a) The loss of her mother.
(b) The loss of her children.
(c) The loss of her dog.
(d) The loss of love.
14. What family relative moves into Nora's building?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her uncle.
15. What is happening to Nora's vision?
(a) It is blurring.
(b) She is developing cataracts.
(c) It is changing.
(d) She is experiencing double vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
2. Who does adolescence change?
3. What has nothing to do with age?
4. What does each stage of parenting bring?
5. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)