|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora Ephron, what does every woman want?
(a) To enjoy the best things in life.
(b) To be successful.
(c) To be in shape.
(d) To look and feel beautiful.
2. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(b) Bigger font.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
(a) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
4. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Educate their child.
(b) Change their child.
(c) Become child-centered.
(d) Let their child lead.
5. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Style it with an outfit.
(b) Make it work.
(c) Keep it clean.
(d) Wear it out.
6. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
(a) Julia Child.
(b) Lee Bailey.
(c) Michael Fields.
(d) Craig Claiborne.
7. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) History books.
(b) Art books.
(d) Fictional book.
8. What might some consider cooking to be?
(a) An art.
(b) A chore.
(c) An expression.
(d) An inspiration.
9. What affects every human being?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) The birth of a baby.
(c) The inevitability of death.
(d) The aging process.
10. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(a) Quality ingredients.
(c) Care and craftsmanship.
(d) Proper measurements.
11. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
(a) Anthony Bourdain.
(b) Wolfgang Puck.
(c) Guy Savoy.
(d) Julia Child.
12. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The decolletage.
(b) The lips.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The neck.
13. What is the second stage of parenting?
(b) the toddler years.
(d) Young adulthood.
14. How did Nora take care of her nails for many years?
(a) She ignored her nails.
(b) She bit her nails.
(c) She filed her nails.
(d) She went to the nail salon.
15. Why does Nora Ephron get frustrated carrying her purse around?
(a) She ends up loading it up with too many things.
(b) She can never find anything in it.
(c) The purse strains her shoulder.
(d) She finds it too heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a cook's style very similar to?
2. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
3. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
4. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
5. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)