|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
(a) Support from other parents.
(b) A manual and training.
(c) Community support.
(d) Good advice.
2. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(b) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(c) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
(d) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
3. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
(a) When she was a young reporter.
(b) On break between novels.
(c) In the evenings after work.
(d) When she worked on scripts.
4. What subject does Nora Ephron provide humorous insight into?
(a) Being an aging woman.
(b) Being a woman in love.
(c) Being a woman about to marry.
(d) Being a woman expecting a child.
5. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
(a) A large plastic shopping bag.
(b) A clutch.
(c) A Hermes bag.
(d) A hobo bag.
6. What is not easy to do as one ages?
7. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
8. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The neck.
(c) The decolletage.
(d) The lips.
9. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
(a) Mental capacities.
(b) Divorce proceedings.
(c) Marriage and friendships.
(d) Physical characteristics.
10. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her new lover.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) Her old friend.
(d) Her old flame.
11. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
(a) A grocery gag.
(b) Mary Poppin's bottomless carpet bag.
(c) A bag lady's bag.
(d) Grace Kelly's Hermes bag.
12. What did Nora used to do to be rid of unwanted hairs?
(a) Use hair bleach.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Pluck them out.
(d) Shave them.
13. What is happening to Nora's vision?
(a) She is experiencing double vision.
(b) It is changing.
(c) She is developing cataracts.
(d) It is blurring.
14. What helps most people become inspired to cook?
(a) A catered event.
(b) An incredible restaurant.
(c) A great cookbook.
(d) An inspirational chef.
15. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
(a) The loss of her children.
(b) The loss of her mother.
(c) The loss of her dog.
(d) The loss of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nora's new man in her life?
2. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
3. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
4. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
5. How, according to The Parenting Movement, do your parenting skills affect your children?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)