|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Nora Ephron a critically acclaimed success?
2. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
(a) Getting a facial.
(b) Getting a massage.
(c) Getting a pedicure.
(d) Getting a manicure.
3. What affects every human being?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) The aging process.
(c) The birth of a baby.
(d) The inevitability of death.
4. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Rosslyn.
(b) Barbara Ryland.
(c) Barbara Rosetti.
(d) Barbara Ross.
5. What does Nora now have on her face because of menopause?
(a) Deep wrinkles.
(c) A mustache.
6. What kind of maintenance overwhelms Nora?
(a) Hair maintenance.
(b) Skin maintenance.
(c) Fashion maintenance.
(d) Body maintenance.
7. What changes as Nora moves from an apartment she loves to a place where she lives?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her mode of transportation.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her relationship.
8. What item does Nora often lose?
(a) The manuscript of the novel she has almost finished.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her magnifying glass.
(d) The script she is working on.
9. Who inspires Nora Ephron to change her life by helping her find her true personal style in cooking and in home decor?
(a) Lee Bailey.
(b) Craig Claiborne.
(c) Julia Child.
(d) Michael Fields.
10. What does Nora surrounding herself with something she loves, like her apartment, help her cope with?
(a) The loss of her children.
(b) The loss of her mother.
(c) The loss of love.
(d) The loss of her dog.
11. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child goes to college.
(b) When the child marries.
(c) When the child leaves the home.
(d) When the child has children.
12. Where can you look for advice about parenting, but be advised that there are many different opinions?
(c) Best friends.
(d) Other parents.
13. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
(a) That it is unorganized.
(b) That it is cumbersome.
(c) That it doesn't come in a color she likes.
(d) That it does not have pockets.
14. Who is one of Nora's favorite chefs?
(a) Julia Child.
(b) Wolfgang Puck.
(c) Guy Savoy.
(d) Anthony Bourdain.
15. What has nothing to do with age?
(b) Skin texture.
(d) Hearing loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
2. When Nora Ephron must work outside the home, what kind of purse does she end up getting?
3. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
4. What does Nora miss being able to read?
5. What do the contents of Nora's purse most resemble?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)