|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The neck.
(b) The lips.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The decolletage.
2. Who does Nora eventually meet in her building?
(a) Her old friend.
(b) Her old flame.
(c) Her new lover.
(d) Her future husband.
3. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
(d) Potions in bottles and jars.
4. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
5. What is not guaranteed in a difficult recipe?
(a) Proper measurements.
(c) Care and craftsmanship.
(d) Quality ingredients.
6. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(d) Organizational skills.
7. When did Nora Ephron enjoy reading telephone books?
(a) When she worked on scripts.
(b) On break between novels.
(c) In the evenings after work.
(d) When she was a young reporter.
8. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
(a) A manual and training.
(b) Good advice.
(c) Community support.
(d) Support from other parents.
9. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child leaves the home.
(b) When the child goes to college.
(c) When the child has children.
(d) When the child marries.
10. What does Nora claim that the obsession with maintenance of physical appearance is trying to ultimately do?
(a) Turn back the clock.
(b) Lead to vitality.
(c) Lead to better health.
(d) Transform oneself.
11. What affects every human being?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) The inevitability of death.
(c) The birth of a baby.
(d) The aging process.
12. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Using Botox and Restylane.
(b) Having regular facials.
(c) Getting a face lift.
(d) Getting chemical peels.
13. According to Nora Ephron, what kind of advice helps you as a parent through the adolescent years?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Advice from women who have children the same age.
(c) Advice from trusted community doctors.
(d) There is no advice that helps.
14. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The parent and the neighbors.
(b) The parent and spouse.
(c) The child and parent.
(d) The child and siblings.
15. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Upper East side.
(b) Upper West side.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job is parenting?
2. What item does Nora often lose?
3. What does Nora Ephron not like about her purse?
4. What happens in Nora Ephron's marriage as she is experimenting in the culinary world?
5. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)