|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part does Nora Ephron believe shows age the most?
(a) The decolletage.
(b) The lips.
(c) The neck.
(d) The stomach.
2. How much does Nora Ephron's friend plan on spending on her vintage purse?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty-six hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
3. What does Nora Ephron's new purse bring her?
(d) Organizational skills.
4. What happens to Nora as she exercises?
(a) She discovers that she is uncoordinated.
(b) She sweats indecently.
(c) She gets hurt.
(d) She loses weight.
5. What does Nora say the struggle to read as you get older causes the need for?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(d) Bigger font.
6. What do women seldom do as they get older?
(a) Wear spaghetti straps.
(b) Look in the mirror.
(c) Watch what they eat.
7. Where in New York do Nora and Nick find a new apartment after Apthorp?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Upper East side.
(d) Upper West side.
8. Who does adolescence change?
(a) The child and parent.
(b) The parent and spouse.
(c) The child and siblings.
(d) The parent and the neighbors.
9. What is the name of Nora's apartment building?
10. What kind of job is parenting?
(a) A lifetime job.
(b) An inspiring job.
(c) A humbling job.
(d) A difficult job.
11. What is the second stage of parenting?
(a) the toddler years.
(c) Young adulthood.
12. What does Nora admit to doing to maintain her face?
(a) Having regular facials.
(b) Getting a face lift.
(c) Using Botox and Restylane.
(d) Getting chemical peels.
13. What is it like living in Nora's apartment in the beginning?
14. What is the third stage of being a parent?
(a) When the child has children.
(b) When the child marries.
(c) When the child leaves the home.
(d) When the child goes to college.
15. According to Nora Ephron, what about parenting is lacking?
(a) Good advice.
(b) A manual and training.
(c) Community support.
(d) Support from other parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron enjoy about reading?
2. What maintenance requirement does Nora question?
3. How does Nora's cooking style change?
4. What body part does Nora share how she most deeply feels in the opening of the book?
5. What is not easy to do as one ages?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)