|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora Ephron say she wishes she would have enjoyed and appreciated in her life?
(a) Her younger and more attractive hands.
(b) Her younger and more attractive neck.
(c) Her younger and more attractive derriere.
(d) Her younger and more attractive decolletage.
2. Where does Nora travel to with a friend to buy a purse?
(a) New York City.
(b) Hong Kong.
3. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) An airport traveler.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A mule.
(d) A pack horse.
4. What kinds of books is Nora most interested in?
(a) Art books.
(b) History books.
(c) Fictional book.
5. What has every woman tried to do with her purse?
(a) Wear it out.
(b) Keep it clean.
(c) Style it with an outfit.
(d) Make it work.
6. What is the story of Nora's apartment essentially a story about?
7. What is the name of the manager of Nora's building?
(a) Barbara Ryland.
(b) Barbara Rosetti.
(c) Barbara Rosslyn.
(d) Barbara Ross.
8. What is the first stage of parenting?
(b) The child breastfeeding.
(c) The child learning to walk.
(d) The child being born.
9. According to Nora, what did parents need to do once the "The Parenting Movement" began?
(a) Change their child.
(b) Let their child lead.
(c) Become child-centered.
(d) Educate their child.
10. What does the effects of eyesight going bad affect?
(a) Almost everything a person does.
(b) Writing novels.
(c) Being able to read telephone books, menus, and pill bottles.
(d) Reading books.
11. What helps most people become inspired to cook?
(a) An incredible restaurant.
(b) An inspirational chef.
(c) A catered event.
(d) A great cookbook.
12. What changes in Nora's life as her cooking style changes?
(a) Nora's philosophy on life.
(b) Nora's taste in home decor.
(c) Nora's clothing style.
(d) Nora's attitude towards friends.
13. What does each stage of parenting bring?
(a) Hope, love, worry, and faith.
(b) Worry, faith, challenge, and joy.
(c) Pain, hope, faith, and love.
(d) Joy, challenge, love, and worry.
14. Why does Nora not need a purse for a time?
(a) She rebels.
(b) She carries very little around with her.
(c) She uses a backpack instead.
(d) She works from home.
15. What does Nora miss being able to read?
(b) The telephone book.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Magazine articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second stage of parenting?
2. What subject does Nora Ephron claim other women do not answer honestly about when asked for their opinion?
3. What affects every human being?
4. What do women seldom do as they get older?
5. Why does Nora Ephron believe that her new bag will never go out of style?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)