|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Considering the Alternative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Nora married to her first husband?
(a) Ten years.
(b) one year.
(c) Six years.
(d) three years.
2. What does Nora say everyone experiences?
(a) Bad advice from well meaning people.
(b) Those moments where they wish they would have known something.
(c) Good advice that was not taken.
(d) A moment of clarity that they did not act on.
3. According to Nora, what keeps people going as they search for something they have lost?
4. What does Nora Ephron anticipate she will feel like if she gets a purse that is big enough to carry all of her things?
(a) A mule.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An airport traveler.
(d) A pack horse.
5. What did Nora never have while she was at the White House?
(a) A decent cup of coffee.
(b) A chance to meet Jackie Kennedy.
(c) An office of her own.
(d) A desk or typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora use as daily skin maintenance?
2. Why does it seem pointless to answer honestly if a friend says you look great?
3. What does a reader specifically pick out a book in the hopes of doing?
4. How much of Dr. Hauschka's lemon bath is Nora supposed to use?
5. Where did Nora's first husband take her in an attempt to patch together their failed marriage?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)