Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose authority was the conference organized?
2. What idea did Bilquis get to revitalize the Christian fellowship meetings?
3. What did the 3:00 a.m. phone call label Bilquis?
4. What did Mahmud want his relative to teach him?
5. What did Bilquis habitually say instead of "Thank you"?
Using the Internet, write an essay comparing the Pakistan described by Bilquis with the Pakistan of today. Is the country still 96% Muslim? Are there conflicts with other religions within the country? Are the Bhutto family members still in power? Is "biraderi" still the basis of family and tribal governance? What other differences and similarities do you see?
In your essay, discuss the ways in which Bilquis shares her religious experiences with others and the success or lack of it that she experiences.
When Bilquis experiences a heart attack, she returns to Pakistan. She is seeking safety where she had once felt unsafe. Why do you think the circumstances have changed? Do you find it ironic that she would go home in a weakened condition? Why or why not? In your essay, discuss the changes in Bilquis' thinking and Pakistan's cultural, religious, and political landscape.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)