Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised the villagers about Christ?
2. How many relatives visited Bilquis on the first day after her baptism?
3. Where was Bilquis' brother on the day they were going to visit?
4. How did Bilquis lose the presence of the holy spirit while at a funeral?
5. What did Bilquis think would be the determining factor in agreeing to Dr. Stanley Mooneyham's request?
Rather than beginning the story with an explanation of Bilquis' family and social standing, details about her life are revealed gradually. In your essay, quote phrases from the text that make clear the economic and social position of her family. Summarize what you know or can infer about them and their way of life.
In your essay, discuss the ways in which Bilquis shares her religious experiences with others and the success or lack of it that she experiences.
As Bilquis' story progresses, both she and the reader sense an impending doom that does not come to pass. She never learns what might have happened to her and Mahmud had she not hurried out of the country. In your essay, discuss this information gap. Is it disappointing to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)