|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mahmud say he would do if Bilquis died?
2. What was Bilquis' long-standing rule about afternoon visits?
3. How did Bilquis lose the presence of the holy spirit while at a funeral?
4. What did Bilquis say to reassure Mahmud?
5. What organization did Dr. Stanley Mooneyham represent?
Essay Topic 1
Much of Bilquis' learning comes from dreams. In your essay, summarize the meaning of the key dreams in her spiritual journey. Tell the lessons she learned from those dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Bilquis speaks of feeling satisfied and complete when she is living "in the glory," and dark and sad when she is not. Yet many of her experiences "in the glory" are sad rather than joyful. In your essay, explore what the feeling she is attempting to describe might be like. Cite examples from the story to support your idea.
Essay Topic 3
Bilquis often reports situations in which she loses track of time, suddenly realizing that several hours have passed. In your essay, quote several of those instances, and evaluate that experience. What do you think causes the lapse? What does it tell you about the effort she is making?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)