|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bilquis habitually say instead of "Thank you"?
2. How did Bilquis make up for her error with the children?
3. Who was Dr. Christy Wilson?
4. Why did Bilquis decide to break her own rule about afternoon visits?
5. Under whose authority was the conference organized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing Christianity and Islam as they are revealed in Bilquis' story. Include ways in which the two religions are similar, as well as ways in which they are different.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the changes Bilquis undergoes are surprising to her. In your essay, discuss how she learns about the changes in her own personality and how this effects the credibility of her story to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Bilquis speaks of feeling satisfied and complete when she is living "in the glory," and dark and sad when she is not. Yet many of her experiences "in the glory" are sad rather than joyful. In your essay, explore what the feeling she is attempting to describe might be like. Cite examples from the story to support your idea.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)