Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose authority was the conference organized?
2. What idea did Bilquis get to revitalize the Christian fellowship meetings?
3. What did the 3:00 a.m. phone call label Bilquis?
4. What did Mahmud want his relative to teach him?
5. What did Bilquis habitually say instead of "Thank you"?
Essay Topic 1
When Bilquis experiences a heart attack, she returns to Pakistan. She is seeking safety where she had once felt unsafe. Why do you think the circumstances have changed? Do you find it ironic that she would go home in a weakened condition? Why or why not? In your essay, discuss the changes in Bilquis' thinking and Pakistan's cultural, religious, and political landscape.
Essay Topic 2
Many items that are repeated in this story could be interpreted as symbols. Select a story element that you believe is symbolic of a larger idea. Using quotations from the story, tell what you think the item symbolizes.
Essay Topic 3
In your essay, discuss the ways in which Bilquis shares her religious experiences with others and the success or lack of it that she experiences.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)