|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bilquis pray for Aunt Amina?
2. How did Dr. Christy Wilson help Bilquis?
3. Who was Dr. Christy Wilson?
4. What was the separation Bilquis faced two years after the conference?
5. What experience did Bilquis' mourners have on the day of her funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bilquis learn when the village woman did not return to thank her for her help?
2. What happened to Bilquis' family members who had been coming to visit her?
3. Why did Bilquis decide to leave a day earlier than she had intended to?
4. Why did Ken Old tell Bilquis that she had reason to rejoice even while she is sad at their departure?
5. What did Bilquis learn about repentance that she calls a "beautiful secret"?
6. Who did Bilquis decide to invite to her Christmas party?
7. What did Peggy Schlorholtz want Bilquis to do with her?
8. What came as a threat to Bilquis' precious afternoon rest?
9. What did Mahmud know about his grandmother Bilquis' Christianity?
10. When Bilquis attended a second family funeral, what did the bereaved wife unexpectedly do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of Bilquis' learning comes from dreams. In your essay, summarize the meaning of the key dreams in her spiritual journey. Tell the lessons she learned from those dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing Christianity and Islam as they are revealed in Bilquis' story. Include ways in which the two religions are similar, as well as ways in which they are different.
Essay Topic 3
Often those who experience a religious conversion are seekers - people who have been unsatisfied with their way of life and are actively attempting to change. Was Bilquis such a person as the story begins? If not, what made her want to change? In your essay, explore the motives that compel Bilquis along the path to conversion.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)