|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childhood experience did Bilquis recollect that calmed her?
2. How did Bilquis make up for her error with the children?
3. What did Luke 14:12 suggest to Bilquis that she should do?
4. What did all of Bilquis' Christian servants except Raisham do?
5. What was Bilquis' long-standing rule about afternoon visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Bilquis' family members who had been coming to visit her?
2. Why did Bilquis decide not to replace all of the servants she lost?
3. What did Bilquis discover about her personality through her experience with the children and the plum tree?
4. What did Bilquis learn about repentance that she calls a "beautiful secret"?
5. Why did Ken Old tell Bilquis that she had reason to rejoice even while she is sad at their departure?
6. What happened to Bilquis when she decided that she would not be driven out of her home?
7. What lesson about staying in God's presence did Bilquis learn from the family funerals?
8. What radical idea did Bilquis decide would revive the Sunday fellowship meetings?
9. Why had four of Bilquis' Christian servants fled from her house?
10. Who did Bilquis decide to invite to her Christmas party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Various aspects of Muslim life are told as Bilquis' story unfolds. In your essay, list and explain the call to prayer, the murder of the Christian girl, Bilquis' education concerning the Quran, and other details that are taught about Islam in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Bilquis tells of experiences, such as floating out the window and being shaken from her bed, that are outside normal human experience. In your essay, select one or two of these experiences and give your opinion of these supernatural events. How does she account for them?
Essay Topic 3
As Bilquis' story progresses, both she and the reader sense an impending doom that does not come to pass. She never learns what might have happened to her and Mahmud had she not hurried out of the country. In your essay, discuss this information gap. Is it disappointing to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)