|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Bilquis have to prepare to leave Pakistan?
2. What did Bilquis feel as she prepared for the trip to the U.S.?
3. What did Dr. Stanley Mooneyham want Bilquis to do?
4. What did the village women unexpectedly come to Bilquis' house to do?
5. What did Bilquis say is the opposite of worrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mahmud know about his grandmother Bilquis' Christianity?
2. Why did Ken Old tell Bilquis that she had reason to rejoice even while she is sad at their departure?
3. What did Bilquis learn when the village woman did not return to thank her for her help?
4. What pressure did the community put upon Bilquis?
5. What did Peggy Schlorholtz want Bilquis to do with her?
6. What lesson about staying in God's presence did Bilquis learn from the family funerals?
7. When Bilquis attended a second family funeral, what did the bereaved wife unexpectedly do?
8. What happened to Bilquis' family members who had been coming to visit her?
9. What came as a threat to Bilquis' precious afternoon rest?
10. What happened to Bilquis when she decided that she would not be driven out of her home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interesting facts about Bilquis' life before she became involved with Christianity come to light as the story progresses. We learn of her husband's career, her international travels, her divorce, her work during World War II, and her help with the Simple Living Plan.. Why do you think these facts are not initially presented? In your essay, state whether these facts are important to your understanding of Bilquis' story. Why or why not? Why do you think they are presented as incidental, rather than central, to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing Christianity and Islam as they are revealed in Bilquis' story. Include ways in which the two religions are similar, as well as ways in which they are different.
Essay Topic 3
Various aspects of Muslim life are told as Bilquis' story unfolds. In your essay, list and explain the call to prayer, the murder of the Christian girl, Bilquis' education concerning the Quran, and other details that are taught about Islam in this book.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)