|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bilquis think would be the determining factor in agreeing to Dr. Stanley Mooneyham's request?
2. What organization did Dr. Stanley Mooneyham represent?
3. What kind of help did General Amar offer?
4. What idea did Bilquis get to revitalize the Christian fellowship meetings?
5. What career did Mahmud pursue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the changes Bilquis undergoes are surprising to her. In your essay, discuss how she learns about the changes in her own personality and how this effects the credibility of her story to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Rather than beginning the story with an explanation of Bilquis' family and social standing, details about her life are revealed gradually. In your essay, quote phrases from the text that make clear the economic and social position of her family. Summarize what you know or can infer about them and their way of life.
Essay Topic 3
Using the Internet, write an essay comparing the Pakistan described by Bilquis with the Pakistan of today. Is the country still 96% Muslim? Are there conflicts with other religions within the country? Are the Bhutto family members still in power? Is "biraderi" still the basis of family and tribal governance? What other differences and similarities do you see?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)