|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "session"?
2. Where is Mr. Mitchell when Bilquis arrives?
3. To what did Bilquis compare her frightening experience?
4. What did Bilquis do to relieve the pressure of decision-making?
5. What was Bilquis' first supernatural experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bilquis sense as she prayed to God as her father?
2. What did Bilquis experience as a baptism of the spirit?
3. Which teaching of the Quran disturbed Bilquis?
4. Why was baptism a testing point for Bilquis?
5. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
6. What unusual experience did Bilquis have after her sense of being baptized by the spirit?
7. After Bilquis' first dream, what did she feel compelled to do?
8. How did Bilquis describe her father?
9. What effect did Bilquis believe it would have on her family if she became a Christian?
10. What feelings did Bilquis experience during her first supernatural event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bilquis tells of experiences, such as floating out the window and being shaken from her bed, that are outside normal human experience. In your essay, select one or two of these experiences and give your opinion of these supernatural events. How does she account for them?
Essay Topic 2
Interesting facts about Bilquis' life before she became involved with Christianity come to light as the story progresses. We learn of her husband's career, her international travels, her divorce, her work during World War II, and her help with the Simple Living Plan.. Why do you think these facts are not initially presented? In your essay, state whether these facts are important to your understanding of Bilquis' story. Why or why not? Why do you think they are presented as incidental, rather than central, to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Much of Bilquis' learning comes from dreams. In your essay, summarize the meaning of the key dreams in her spiritual journey. Tell the lessons she learned from those dreams.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)