|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Muslim's call to prayer?
2. At what age does a Muslim child begin to study the Quran?
3. How did Bilquis feel on her way to the Mitchells' home?
4. Why was Pakistan created, according to Bilquis' father?
5. In what year did Muhammed receive the Quran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What future does the Quran teach Christ will have?
2. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
3. After Bilquis' first dream, what did she feel compelled to do?
4. What solution did Bilquis undertake to cure Mahmud?
5. What feelings did Bilquis experience during her first supernatural event?
6. What aspect of Muslim practice provided reassurance to Bilquis?
7. What is unusual about the political and religious structure of Pakistan, according to Bilquis' father?
8. What did Ken Old warn Bilquis about the social consequence of her baptism?
9. What did Bilquis learn that she needed to do to keep the good feelings she was experiencing?
10. How did Bilquis accomplish the most difficult thing that she felt God required of her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bilquis faces both internal and external conflicts in this story. In your essay, compare and contrast the two types of conflict. Which do you feel is more difficult for her to contend with? Which lasts longer?
Essay Topic 2
Bilquis often reports situations in which she loses track of time, suddenly realizing that several hours have passed. In your essay, quote several of those instances, and evaluate that experience. What do you think causes the lapse? What does it tell you about the effort she is making?
Essay Topic 3
Interesting facts about Bilquis' life before she became involved with Christianity come to light as the story progresses. We learn of her husband's career, her international travels, her divorce, her work during World War II, and her help with the Simple Living Plan.. Why do you think these facts are not initially presented? In your essay, state whether these facts are important to your understanding of Bilquis' story. Why or why not? Why do you think they are presented as incidental, rather than central, to the story?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)