|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bilquis understand would be the fate of a Muslim who was baptized?
2. What did the group do together?
3. To what did Bilquis compare her frightening experience?
4. What does Job 13 and 14 teach Christians to do?
5. What was the first sign that Bilquis' nature had changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Muslim practice provided reassurance to Bilquis?
2. What solution did Bilquis undertake to cure Mahmud?
3. Which teaching of the Quran disturbed Bilquis?
4. What did Bilquis experience as a baptism of the spirit?
5. What effect did Bilquis believe it would have on her family if she became a Christian?
6. Why was Bilquis comforted by reading of Paul's experiences?
7. What negative experience preceded Bilquis' baptism?
8. What feelings did Bilquis experience during her first supernatural event?
9. What did Bilquis learn that she needed to do to keep the good feelings she was experiencing?
10. What future does the Quran teach Christ will have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Often those who experience a religious conversion are seekers - people who have been unsatisfied with their way of life and are actively attempting to change. Was Bilquis such a person as the story begins? If not, what made her want to change? In your essay, explore the motives that compel Bilquis along the path to conversion.
Essay Topic 2
Bilquis speaks of feeling satisfied and complete when she is living "in the glory," and dark and sad when she is not. Yet many of her experiences "in the glory" are sad rather than joyful. In your essay, explore what the feeling she is attempting to describe might be like. Cite examples from the story to support your idea.
Essay Topic 3
In her story, Bilquis speaks often of observing or experiencing an "odd confidence" as she goes through her conversion. She describes herself as growing "bolder" and feeling "strangely confident." In your essay, cite those experiences and tell how Bilquis might have reacted if she were not imbued with this unusual confidence.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)