|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bilquis make up for her error with the children?
(a) She invited them to come pick plums.
(b) She invited them to come pick loquats.
(c) She bought them food and toys.
(d) She invited them to a party at her house.
2. What did Mahmud say he would do if Bilquis died?
(a) Seek revenge.
(b) Move away from Pakistan.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill her attackers.
3. How did Bilquis disappoint herself when a village woman came for help?
(a) She turned her away.
(b) She was unable to help.
(c) She resented the intrusion.
(d) She became angry.
4. Who did Mahmud miss most?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother Tooni.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin Karim.
5. What was the Moses' Rod principle, according to Bilquis?
(a) To get God's help, your need must be real.
(b) To get God's help, you cannot be prideful.
(c) To get God's help, you must first do all you can.
(d) To get God's help, you must forgive your enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Synnove Mitchell tell Bilquis was happening to her?
2. What did Mahmud want his relative to teach him?
3. What does "Ji" mean?
4. What family member did Bilquis approach first?
5. What did Bilquis dread most about confronting her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation did Bilquis allow to make the decision about whether to travel to Singapore?
2. What came as a threat to Bilquis' precious afternoon rest?
3. When Bilquis attended a second family funeral, what did the bereaved wife unexpectedly do?
4. What were the negative and positive results of the Christmas party?
5. What did Bilquis learn when the village woman did not return to thank her for her help?
6. What pressure did the community put upon Bilquis?
7. What did Bilquis discover about her personality through her experience with the children and the plum tree?
8. What lesson about staying in God's presence did Bilquis learn from the family funerals?
9. Why did Ken Old tell Bilquis that she had reason to rejoice even while she is sad at their departure?
10. Who did Bilquis decide to invite to her Christmas party?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)