|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the separation Bilquis faced two years after the conference?
(a) The Olds left Pakistan.
(b) Bilquis left Pakistan.
(c) General Amar left Pakistan.
(d) The Mitchells left Pakistan.
2. What did Mahmud want his relative to teach him?
3. What did Bilquis think would be the determining factor in agreeing to Dr. Stanley Mooneyham's request?
(a) Feeling safe and secure.
(b) Her family's opinion.
(c) Figuring a budget that will support the effort.
(d) Getting a passport in time.
4. What had Bilquis' surprise visitor noticed that pleased Bilquis?
(a) A change in Bilquis' manners.
(b) A change in Bilquis' style of dress.
(c) A change in Bilquis' personality.
(d) A change in Bilquis' home life.
5. How long did Bilquis have to prepare to leave Pakistan?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Seven days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bilquis live in the U.S.?
2. How did Bilquis make up for her error with the children?
3. What event took Bilquis back to Pakistan?
4. What did Bilquis later think had caused the Christians' behavior on the airplane?
5. How old was Mahmud when he received the warning from the village children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Bilquis when she decided that she would not be driven out of her home?
2. What did Bilquis learn when the village woman did not return to thank her for her help?
3. What happened to Bilquis' family members who had been coming to visit her?
4. Why did Ken Old tell Bilquis that she had reason to rejoice even while she is sad at their departure?
5. What situation did Bilquis allow to make the decision about whether to travel to Singapore?
6. What radical idea did Bilquis decide would revive the Sunday fellowship meetings?
7. Why did Bilquis decide to leave a day earlier than she had intended to?
8. What did Peggy Schlorholtz want Bilquis to do with her?
9. Why did Bilquis decide not to replace all of the servants she lost?
10. What personal significance did Bilquis place upon the conference in Singapore?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)