|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "Night of Power"?
(a) The night when the Quran is completely memorized.
(b) The night Muhammed received the Quran.
(c) The night when a child achieves adulthood.
(d) The night a child begins the study of the Quran.
2. Why did Bilquis think Mrs. Mitchell had an "odd confidence"?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell said she knew God.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell was sure of the truth of Christianity.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell was unafraid of village gossip.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell claimed to understand the Bible.
3. Why is the Quran always read in Arabic?
(a) It would be wrong to translate God's word.
(b) No one can speak the ancient Arabic well enough.
(c) A translation would bring infidels into the faith.
(d) Unbelievers should not see the word of God.
4. What is a "rice Christian" according to Bilquis?
(a) One who associates with the church to get financial help.
(b) A vegetarian Christian.
(c) A poor Christian.
(d) An Asian Christian.
5. Who had been recently killed in Wah in accordance with Muslim law?
(a) A girl who had become Christian.
(b) A Christian missionary.
(c) An adulterous wife.
(d) A village thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling did Bilquis get each time she opened the Bible?
2. What was a "sweeper"?
3. What does Bilquis think is better than prayer?
4. Where is Mr. Mitchell when Bilquis arrives?
5. What attitude toward wrongdoers is taught in John 8:7?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Bilquis' first dream, what did she feel compelled to do?
2. Why did Bilquis believe she would lose everything if she chose to follow Jesus?
3. How did Bilquis describe her father?
4. How did Bilquis accomplish the most difficult thing that she felt God required of her?
5. What did Bilquis sense as she prayed to God as her father?
6. Why was Bilquis comforted by reading of Paul's experiences?
7. What solution did Bilquis undertake to cure Mahmud?
8. What unusual experience did Bilquis have after her sense of being baptized by the spirit?
9. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
10. What do the Quran and the New Testament agree on about the Jews?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)