|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religious text is earliest?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The books of the prophets.
(c) The New Testament.
(d) The Quran.
2. Why was Mahmud living with Bilquis?
(a) His parents were divorced.
(b) His parents didn't want him.
(c) His parents were killed.
(d) His parents were exiled.
3. What was the "Night of Power"?
(a) The night Muhammed received the Quran.
(b) The night when a child achieves adulthood.
(c) The night when the Quran is completely memorized.
(d) The night a child begins the study of the Quran.
4. What is the ancient Muslim law about those who fall away from the faith?
(a) They must be killed.
(b) They must be retaught.
(c) They must be shunned.
(d) They must be exiled.
5. How old was Bilquis when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bilquis' second step in becoming a Christian?
2. At what age does a Muslim child begin to study the Quran?
3. Why did Bilquis decide she liked Ken Old?
4. Why was Bilquis uneasy about being baptized in Peshawar?
5. What is the Kul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bilquis believe her family would be ashamed if they knew she was visiting Christian missionaries?
2. After Bilquis' first dream, what did she feel compelled to do?
3. What honors have Bilquis' family members received?
4. What did Mahmud know about his grandmother Bilquis' Christianity?
5. What effect did Bilquis believe it would have on her family if she became a Christian?
6. How does the reader learn of Bilquis' social and economic status?
7. How did Bilquis overcome the fear that confronted her as she arrived at the Olds' home?
8. What attitude of Bilquis' toward visitors was well known?
9. What did Bilquis experience as a baptism of the spirit?
10. What teaching of Jesus in Matthew 10 helped Bilquis make her decision about Christianity?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)