|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Bilquis pray before receiving an answer?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. Who was directed to read page 456 in the Bible?
(b) Ken Old.
(c) Reverend Mitchell.
3. Why did Bilquis think Mrs. Mitchell had an "odd confidence"?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell said she knew God.
(b) Mrs. Mitchell claimed to understand the Bible.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell was sure of the truth of Christianity.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell was unafraid of village gossip.
4. How did Bilquis feel on her way to the Mitchells' home?
(a) Expectant and fearful.
(b) Confused and depressed.
(c) Thrilled and fulfilled.
(d) Excited and curious.
5. How old is the Muslim's call to prayer?
(a) Four thousand years.
(b) Fourteen hundred years.
(c) Four hundred years.
(d) Twenty-four hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Mitchell when Bilquis arrives?
2. What horrified Bilquis at the Mitchells' dinner?
3. What feeling did Bilquis get each time she opened the Bible?
4. What one thing did Bilquis ask Mrs. Mitchell to tell her?
5. Where had Bilquis' great-grandfather fought for the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Muslim practice provided reassurance to Bilquis?
2. What attitude of Bilquis' toward visitors was well known?
3. What do the Quran and the New Testament agree on about the Jews?
4. What effect did Bilquis believe it would have on her family if she became a Christian?
5. How does the reader learn of Bilquis' social and economic status?
6. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
7. How did Bilquis accomplish the most difficult thing that she felt God required of her?
8. What did Ken Old warn Bilquis about the social consequence of her baptism?
9. What did Bilquis learn that she needed to do to keep the good feelings she was experiencing?
10. What important event in Islamic history took place in A.D. 610?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)