|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "session"?
(a) The governing board of a church.
(b) A government meeting.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) A meeting of villagers.
2. What was a "sweeper"?
(a) Cleaning people.
(c) People making vast changes.
(d) People at the bottom of the social ladder.
3. When does Muslim law require burial?
(a) Within three days of a death.
(b) Within 24 hours of a death.
(c) Not until 5 days have passed after a death.
(d) Not until 8 days have passed after a death.
4. Who had been recently killed in Wah in accordance with Muslim law?
(a) A girl who had become Christian.
(b) An adulterous wife.
(c) A village thief.
(d) A Christian missionary.
5. How long did Bilquis pray before receiving an answer?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ancient Muslim law about those who fall away from the faith?
2. What attitude toward wrongdoers is taught in John 8:7?
3. What one thing did Bilquis ask Mrs. Mitchell to tell her?
4. With whom did Bilquis' family associate Christian missionaries?
5. How did Bilquis feel on her way to the Mitchells' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Quran and the New Testament agree on about the Jews?
2. Why was baptism a testing point for Bilquis?
3. What did Ken Old warn Bilquis about the social consequence of her baptism?
4. What aspect of Muslim practice provided reassurance to Bilquis?
5. How does the reader learn of Bilquis' social and economic status?
6. After Bilquis' first dream, what did she feel compelled to do?
7. Which teaching of the Quran disturbed Bilquis?
8. Why did Bilquis believe her family would be ashamed if they knew she was visiting Christian missionaries?
9. What solution did Bilquis undertake to cure Mahmud?
10. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)