|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests at the dinner party were Pakistani?
2. When does Muslim law require burial?
(a) Not until 8 days have passed after a death.
(b) Within three days of a death.
(c) Within 24 hours of a death.
(d) Not until 5 days have passed after a death.
3. Why did Bilquis think Raishan was frightened by her request for a Bible?
(a) Raishan could be punished for proselytizing.
(b) Raishan would be punished if Bilquis converted to Christianity.
(c) Raishan would be punished if the Mullah learned who took Bilquis a Bible.
(d) Raishan could be punished if she couldn't find a Bible.
4. Who shared Bilquis' name?
(a) The queen of Sheba.
(b) The queen of India.
(c) The governor of Wah.
(d) The prime minister of Pakistan.
5. How long did the mullah pray for Mahmud when the child fell ill?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bilquis feel about God when the Mullah asked her?
2. What feeling did Bilquis get each time she opened the Bible?
3. Why did the call to prayer comfort Bilquis?
4. What does baptism mean to a Muslim, according to Bilquis?
5. Why did Bilquis decide she liked Ken Old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Mitchells refer to Bilquis as the "flower lady"?
2. How did Bilquis accomplish the most difficult thing that she felt God required of her?
3. How does the reader learn of Bilquis' social and economic status?
4. How did Bilquis explain to Mahmud that Christians can have great confidence in dangerous times?
5. What did Bilquis expect her relatives to do when they learned of her baptism?
6. Why did Bilquis decide to leave a day earlier than she had intended to?
7. Why does it help Bilquis when Synnove Mitchell tells her the story of the wise men?
8. What did Bilquis sense as she prayed to God as her father?
9. What pressure did the community put upon Bilquis?
10. What happened to Bilquis when she decided that she would not be driven out of her home?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)