|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mahmud when he received the warning from the village children?
2. What did General Amar do that Bilquis found extraordinary?
(a) Wished her well.
(b) Listened to her.
(c) Commiserated with her.
(d) Spoke to her.
3. What event took Bilquis back to Pakistan?
(a) The marriage of a family member.
(b) The death of a family member.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A change in the government.
4. What did cousin Aslam invite Bilquis to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Come to the family meeting.
(c) Renounce Christianity.
(d) Visit his family.
5. How did Bilquis respond to the children's trespassing?
(a) She cut down the flowers.
(b) She cut down the loquat tree.
(c) She cut down the orchard.
(d) She cut down the plum tree.
6. What organization did Dr. Stanley Mooneyham represent?
(a) World Vision.
(b) Save the Children.
(c) Heifer International.
7. How long did Bilquis have to prepare to leave Pakistan?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven weeks.
8. What did Bilquis pray for Aunt Amina?
(a) Protection from the hurt she feels.
(c) A change of mind.
(d) Peace of mind.
9. What servants did Bilquis replace?
(a) The cook and the gardener.
(b) The gardener and the chauffeur.
(c) The chauffeur and the cook's assistant.
(d) The chauffeur and the personal maid.
10. Who was Dr. Christy Wilson?
(a) A pastor from Kabul.
(b) A pastor from America.
(c) A pastor from Greece.
(d) A pastor from Rawalhindi.
11. What kind of help did General Amar offer?
(a) As family, not as a friend.
(b) Professional, not personal.
(c) As a friend, not family.
(d) Personal, not professional.
12. What did Bilquis see for the first time as a result of the Sunday night meetings at her house?
(b) Pakistani Christians.
(c) A Christian hymnal.
13. What did Bilquis think would be the determining factor in agreeing to Dr. Stanley Mooneyham's request?
(a) Feeling safe and secure.
(b) Getting a passport in time.
(c) Her family's opinion.
(d) Figuring a budget that will support the effort.
14. What story did Bilquis tell as they placed the lamps for the party?
(a) "The Parable of the Lost Pearl."
(b) "The Parable of the Good Samaritan."
(c) "The Parable of the Lost Sheep."
(d) "The Parable of the Ten Virgins."
15. What did neighborhood children do that bothered Bilquis?
(a) Flew kites in her orchard.
(b) Took loquats from her trees.
(c) Made noise in her yard.
(d) Came into her garden to take plums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childhood experience did Bilquis recollect that calmed her?
2. What did Bilquis realize about the changes in her personality?
3. What career did Mahmud pursue?
4. How far had the woman come to seek Bilquis' help?
5. What did Bilquis habitually say instead of "Thank you"?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)