Chapter 1, A Frightening Presence
1. What was Bilquis' first supernatural experience?
(a) A cold, dark, unholy mist.
(b) A tap on her right hand.
(c) An terrifying dream.
(d) A warm feeling of comfort.
2. Why did Bilquis reject the offer of a Mullah to help her?
(a) She didn't want to seem superstitious.
(b) She no longer believed in Islam.
(c) She didn't want anyone to know she had an unusual experience.
(d) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
3. How old was Bilquis when the book begins?
4. Why did the call to prayer comfort Bilquis?
(a) It meant Allah was on her side.
(b) It meant her country was not at war.
(c) It was normal and natural.
(d) It united her with her people all over the world.
5. How old is the Muslim's call to prayer?
(a) Four hundred years.
(b) Twenty-four hundred years.
(c) Four thousand years.
(d) Fourteen hundred years.
6. What does Bilquis think is better than prayer?
(d) Friends and family.
This section contains 4,342 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)