Chapter 1, A Frightening Presence
• Bilquis felt a cold, damp, unholy presence in her garden.
• Bilquis felt a tap on her right hand.
• Bilquis questioned her servants about supernatural experiences.
• Bilquis turned to the Quran for understanding of her experience.
• Bilquis recalled the shame and humiliation of her husband's desertion.
• Bilquis recalled adopting her grandson Mahmud because the child's parents could not resolve their differences.
• Bilquis was frightened that Mahmud's languor may have a spiritual cause.
• Bilquis called in a mullah to read verses from the Quran to Mahmud.
• Mahmud recovered.
• Bilquis pondered whether these events were linked.
Chapter 2, The Strange Book
• Bilquis recalled her introduction to the Quran at age four years, four months, and four days.
• Bilquis recalled her father's pride that Pakistan was created for the Muslims of India.
• Bilquis pondered the Quran's references to earlier Jewish and Christian writings.
• Bilquis believed that Pakistani Christians are...
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)