|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who produces the match/game?
2. What is the name of the other woman who was arrested in the raid?
3. What are the names of the two female tourists who appear in the first scene?
4. Dr. _____ is in the audience.
5. Cubans have ____ in their souls.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
2. Describe Carmelita's return trip to Cuba.
3. Discuss Carmelita's monologue with the audience regarding Chicas 2000. What does Carmelita predict will happen in that year?
4. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
5. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
6. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
7. Explain the roles of Carmelita and Machito as revolutionaries. What are their plans?
8. Describe the opening of the play and the setting used by the author. Where is the play set? Who is the narrator?
9. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
10. How do the clones meet Carmelita? What is their reaction to meeting their bio-original for the first time? Where had they met before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carmelita worked at the Tropicana in Havana before going to the United States. After Carmelita arrived in the United States she opened a similar nightclub, also called the Tropicana, in Manhattan. What types of nightclubs were the Tropicanas? Compare and contrast the two clubs. What were the biggest similarities? Did Carmelita operate both nightclubs? What happened to each club? Who was involved in the destruction of at least one of the clubs? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Carmelita Tropicana introduces Machito and Sophia as her siblings. What is the relationship between Carmelita Tropicana and her younger brother Machito? What is the relationship between Carmelita Tropicana and her sister Sophia? What is the relationship between Machito and Sophia?
Essay Topic 3
The plays work together collectively to paint a picture of the characters. One of the techniques used by Troyano was foreshadowing. List at least three examples of foreshadowing and how they related to the rest of the stories. Likewise, Troyano used the technique of flashback, particularly when it involved her relationships in and with Cuba. List at least three examples of flashback and how they related to the rest of the stories.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)