|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What flower does Carmelita hold in her hand?
3. The clones decide to explore which city?
4. Carmelita is arrested for which offense?
5. In what year did Carmelita make the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the roles of Carmelita and Machito as revolutionaries. What are their plans?
2. What is the main topic of "Milk of Amnesia?" On what was the play based?
3. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
4. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
5. Discuss the introduction of Cluna and Clana. Who are they? How are they related to Carmelita? What actions do they take to find Carmelita?
6. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
7. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
8. Carmelita is arrested. Carmelita is taken to which facility? What types of testing must Carmelita undergo? What kind of retraining must Carmelita complete?
9. Describe Carmelita's return trip to Cuba.
10. What are some of the things Carmelita does in order to try to restore her memory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In several instances, particularly in Sor Juana: The Nightmare, there are references to mysticism. One good example is the appearance of the stigmata. Explain why Troyano included the use of mysticism in the play. Was it an effective tool? How did it relate to the rest of the story? Why did the Prosecutor doubt the veracity of the stigmata? How did it relate to Carmelita? Did Sor Juana's Catholic beliefs and practices relate to Carmelita in any way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the prison system as portrayed in the play. In which instances were characters imprisoned? What were the circumstances? Describe the court system. Were the court system and the penal system fair? What was a common reason for arrest? What was the outcome? Which characters were arrested? What were the charges? What types of rehabilitation did the characters go through before being released? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the play, Carmelita and Machito among others were involved in an assassination attempt of the corrupt Maldito. Discuss the initial assassination attempt. How did it come about? Who was in charge of the attempt? Who was assigned to complete the task? What happened? How and why did the assassination attempt fail? What was the next step? What was the name of the operation? Was the second attempt successful? Who was involved in the plan? What happened to Maldito? What event occurred that finally forced Maldito to be removed from office? Explain.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)