|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the facility where Carmelita is held?
2. Carmelita is also asked about which common household item?
3. In what year did the play debut?
4. Pingalito compares himself to which famous actor?
5. What time does the policeman leave work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Pingalito leaves the hospital? What do the doctors recommend? What is Carmelita's idea?
2. How does the play reference milk? What is its significance?
3. What is the new plan regarding the assassination of Maldito? Who devises the plan? Who unknowingly gets in the way?
4. How do the clones meet Carmelita? What is their reaction to meeting their bio-original for the first time? Where had they met before?
5. What is the main topic of "Milk of Amnesia?" On what was the play based?
6. What are some of the things Carmelita does in order to try to restore her memory?
7. When did the Cuban Revolution take place? What character is used to represent the evil Cuban military?
8. What is the situation in Act II? What is Carmelita's destination? Who accompanies Carmelita? How does this scene tie together the entire story? What unusual site is seen on the journey?
9. Describe Carmelita's return trip to Cuba.
10. What happens to Carmelita to jog her memory? What type of things does Carmelita remember?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the prison system as portrayed in the play. In which instances were characters imprisoned? What were the circumstances? Describe the court system. Were the court system and the penal system fair? What was a common reason for arrest? What was the outcome? Which characters were arrested? What were the charges? What types of rehabilitation did the characters go through before being released? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Carmelita and others were involved in various protests including the protest in front of the abortion clinic. Examine the various protests, their purposes, and outcome. Examine Carmelita's thoughts on the protests. Explain how Carmelita compared her actions to those of Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights movement in general. What effect did Carmelita and the others have on the various causes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Pingalito Betancourt appears in many scenes and acts throughout various plays. Examine the character and how it changes. The introduction claims that Pingalito is a woman in drag. Is that noted for the actor and director only or is it a part of the play? Is Pingalito meant to be male or female? What is his/her role in the various stories? How is Pingalito connected to Carmelita, Maldito and the others? What are Pingalito's political views? Is Pingalito also a performer? Also examine Pingalito's physical attributes.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)