|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the foods the host came to love?
2. It is said that the man would never hurt which insect?
3. Milk of Amnesia is based on Carmelita's trip to which location?
4. Dr. Igor is working on which type of project?
5. Cuba is often referred to as the "_____ of the Antilles."
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carmelita to jog her memory? What type of things does Carmelita remember?
2. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
3. What measures are taken to alter anti-social people?
4. Describe Carmelita's return trip to Cuba.
5. Carmelita is arrested. Carmelita is taken to which facility? What types of testing must Carmelita undergo? What kind of retraining must Carmelita complete?
6. What is the realization Carmelita has after returning to America? What does Carmelita have to say about Cuban politics?
7. Who is Pingalito? Where else has the character appeared? When did he meet Carmelita?
8. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
9. What is the new plan regarding the assassination of Maldito? Who devises the plan? Who unknowingly gets in the way?
10. Explain the opening of Chicas 2000. What is the setting for the first scene? Who is in attendance at the time? Who gives a monologue? What is the topic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the play, Carmelita and Machito among others were involved in an assassination attempt of the corrupt Maldito. Discuss the initial assassination attempt. How did it come about? Who was in charge of the attempt? Who was assigned to complete the task? What happened? How and why did the assassination attempt fail? What was the next step? What was the name of the operation? Was the second attempt successful? Who was involved in the plan? What happened to Maldito? What event occurred that finally forced Maldito to be removed from office? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The Archbishop and Prosecutor were one in the same when he appeared before Juana and Maria Luisa. What is the role of an archbishop? Why is the Archbishop also a Prosecutor? What is the Inquisition? How does it affect Juana? What is the purpose of the Inquisition? Who was affected? What was the role of the Prosecutor? What was the role of the church? How long did the Inquisition last? What was the outcome? How did it affect the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The Dictator calls Carmelita regarding the activities in downtown Manhattan. What type of activities took place in Manhattan? Who participated? What were the consequences of the activities? Who arranged the activities? Who is the Dictator? How was s/he involved? What was the relationship between the Dictator and Carmelita? What happened to the Dictator after the raid? Did the Dictator and Carmelita have any contact after Carmelita's arrest or incarceration in BMU? Explain.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)