|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tourists are in which city?
2. What is the name of the facility where Carmelita is held?
3. Pingalito discusses his views on ____ with the audience.
4. What is the name of the other woman who was arrested in the raid?
5. Who does Carmelita shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
2. Who phones Carmelita the next morning? What is the purpose of each call?
3. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
4. What measures are taken to alter anti-social people?
5. What information is extracted from Juan(a) after more questioning from the Prosecutor?
6. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
7. What happens to Carmelita to jog her memory? What type of things does Carmelita remember?
8. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
9. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
10. Discuss the introduction of Cluna and Clana. Who are they? How are they related to Carmelita? What actions do they take to find Carmelita?
Essay Topic 1
Carmelita Tropicana introduces Machito and Sophia as her siblings. What is the relationship between Carmelita Tropicana and her younger brother Machito? What is the relationship between Carmelita Tropicana and her sister Sophia? What is the relationship between Machito and Sophia?
Essay Topic 2
The plays work together collectively to paint a picture of the characters. One of the techniques used by Troyano was foreshadowing. List at least three examples of foreshadowing and how they related to the rest of the stories. Likewise, Troyano used the technique of flashback, particularly when it involved her relationships in and with Cuba. List at least three examples of flashback and how they related to the rest of the stories.
Essay Topic 3
Pingalito Betancourt appears in many scenes and acts throughout various plays. Examine the character and how it changes. The introduction claims that Pingalito is a woman in drag. Is that noted for the actor and director only or is it a part of the play? Is Pingalito meant to be male or female? What is his/her role in the various stories? How is Pingalito connected to Carmelita, Maldito and the others? What are Pingalito's political views? Is Pingalito also a performer? Also examine Pingalito's physical attributes.
This section contains 2,333 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)