|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stamped on the host's official documents.
2. The women are talking about which of the following?
3. The tourists are in which city?
4. It is said that the man would never hurt which insect?
5. What is the word used to describe a mid-afternoon rest period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
2. What is the situation in Act II? What is Carmelita's destination? Who accompanies Carmelita? How does this scene tie together the entire story? What unusual site is seen on the journey?
3. What happens after Pingalito leaves the hospital? What do the doctors recommend? What is Carmelita's idea?
4. When did the Cuban Revolution take place? What character is used to represent the evil Cuban military?
5. Who is Pingalito? Where else has the character appeared? When did he meet Carmelita?
6. How do the clones meet Carmelita? What is their reaction to meeting their bio-original for the first time? Where had they met before?
7. What happens to Carmelita to jog her memory? What type of things does Carmelita remember?
8. Why does the FBI appear during Carmelita's show? What does the lead agent say to Carmelita? What happens to Carmelita and the others?
9. Who is Lota? What is her job? From which famous person is Lota descended?
10. How does Pingalito know Carmelita? What happens when Pingalito hears that Carmelita has amnesia? What does Pingalito do to try to rouse Carmelita? Does the plan work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Carmelita and the others were being held in the Behavioral Modification Unit, there were several discussions about prisoners that were hardened criminals, such as Dee. What is a hardened criminal? What caused Dee to be categorized in that way? How many times had Dee been arrested? What were Dee's crimes? Why were some of the characters referred to as being "nutty" or insane? What types of behaviors were exhibited that would cause one to make such a characterization? Were any of the characters treated for mental illness?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Maldito's regime. What about the regime was corrupt? How did it compare to Castro's regime? Did things become better or worse after the revolution? Compare and contrast the government situations before and after the 1955 revolution.
Essay Topic 3
Carmelita and Sophia are sisters. Although both women came from Cuba, they could not be more different from one another. Compare and contrast the sisters. Which is the eldest? Who is the most conservative? What are the main differences between the sisters? Who is the most successful? Which sister is the most influential? Explain.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)