|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Juana's body is cut off?
2. What is the Vicereine's name?
(a) Maria Therese.
(b) Maria Catherine.
(c) Maria Luisa.
(d) Maria Angelo.
3. Who interrupts the call from the Dictator?
(a) Carmelita's father.
4. Which is not among the dangerous items mentioned by Arriero?
5. The radio show was titled "The _____ of Horniness."
Short Answer Questions
1. Juana compares which flower to God?
2. What color are the Dictator's sunglasses?
3. The reader is led to believe that the mugger is carrying which type of weapon?
4. The servant tells Juana to be careful. Juana protests by showing which of the following weapons?
5. What is the animal's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
2. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
3. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
4. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
5. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
6. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
7. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
8. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
9. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
10. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)