|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item was not used on Carmelita's bagel?
(b) Cream Cheese.
(c) Lemon juice.
2. Carmelita is compared to which famous singer?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(c) Bessie Smith.
(d) Billie Holiday.
3. The name of Carmelita's poem to her friend is "Oy Vey, Number ____."
4. The prosecutor refers to Juana as the ____ nun.
5. The troops are headed toward which location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which craft fascinates Carmelita?
2. Who supplied funds for the project?
3. What is the name of Juana's slave?
4. What color are the Dictator's sunglasses?
5. How many arrests were made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Carmelita comments that the women need the spirit of Rosa Parks. Who is Rosa Parks? Why does Carmelita see her as a role model?
2. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
3. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
4. Who is Dee? What is her history?
5. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
6. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
7. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
8. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
9. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
10. Who phones Carmelita the next morning? What is the purpose of each call?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)