|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another title used by the Prosecutor?
(d) Mother Superior.
2. The Prosecutor makes a comment about sending Juana to which country?
3. The mugger admits that the weapon she used in the foiled attempt was actually a(n) ______.
(a) Letter opener.
(b) Squirt gun.
4. Which is not among the dangerous items mentioned by Arriero?
5. Who supplied funds for the project?
(a) New York Foundation for the Arts.
(b) Guggenheim Museum.
(c) The New School.
(d) National Endowment for the Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmelita is the self-proclaimed, "_____ of Cuba."
2. The soldiers are compared to which of the following?
3. The name of Carmelita's poem to her friend is "Oy Vey, Number ____."
4. What piece of jewelry is questioned by the Prosecutor?
5. Which performance artist most inspired Carmelita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
2. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
3. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
4. Carmelita comments that the women need the spirit of Rosa Parks. Who is Rosa Parks? Why does Carmelita see her as a role model?
5. What happens to interrupt the tender moment between Juana and Maria Luisa? What major event occurs? Who appears on the scene?
6. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
7. Who phones Carmelita the next morning? What is the purpose of each call?
8. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
9. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
10. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)