|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is telling the story?
2. What is the first language Carmelita learned when she came to New York?
3. Which book is Carmelita reading?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Lady Chatterly's Lover.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
4. How many shots will signal the attack?
5. What is the translation of "Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
(a) Your Knife is your Waffle.
(b) Your Poetry is your Life.
(c) Your Art is your Weapon.
(d) Your God is your Way Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmelita lives on which avenue?
2. The Prosecutor refers to the Church as Juana's ____.
3. What birds are mentioned in relation to the fanciful cakes?
4. Juana's necklace turns from a cross into a(n) _____.
5. Which performance artist most inspired Carmelita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
2. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
3. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
4. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
5. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
6. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
7. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
8. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
9. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
10. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)