|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Carmelita's sister?
2. The servant tells Juana to be careful. Juana protests by showing which of the following weapons?
3. Which is not among the dangerous items mentioned by Arriero?
4. Carmelita is compared to which famous singer?
(a) Carmen Miranda.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(c) Bessie Smith.
5. Carmelita is the self-proclaimed, "_____ of Cuba."
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is telling the story?
2. The Prosecutor claims that a portrait of a person signifies which of the following?
3. Which craft fascinates Carmelita?
4. What is the translation of "Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
5. What is the Vicereine's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
2. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
3. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
4. What information is extracted from Juan(a) after more questioning from the Prosecutor?
5. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
6. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
7. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
8. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
9. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
10. Who is Dee? What is her history?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)