|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directed "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
(a) Alina Troyano.
(b) Maria Luisa de la Cruz.
(c) Carmelito Tropicana.
(d) Ela Troyano.
2. What color are the Dictator's sunglasses?
3. What is the Vicereine's name?
(a) Maria Luisa.
(b) Maria Angelo.
(c) Maria Therese.
(d) Maria Catherine.
4. Which item was not used on Carmelita's bagel?
(a) Lemon juice.
(d) Cream Cheese.
5. What is Juana's last name?
(a) de la Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation of "Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
2. The goddess is from which culture?
3. What is the name of Carmelita's sister?
4. The Prosecutor refers to the Church as Juana's ____.
5. How many arrests were made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
2. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
3. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
4. Carmelita mentions that food is one of her passions. What about food is important to Carmelita?
5. What is the main theme in "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
6. Carmelita comments that the women need the spirit of Rosa Parks. Who is Rosa Parks? Why does Carmelita see her as a role model?
7. Describe Carmelita Tropicana as a person. What was her vision?
8. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
9. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
10. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)