|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carmelita has a picture of which famous star on her wall?
(a) Maria Felix.
(b) Jayne Mansfield.
(c) Carmen Miranda.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
2. The exterior shot of Carmelita walking home is set in which part of NYC?
(a) Lower West Side.
(b) Upper West Side.
(c) Upper East Side.
(d) Lower East Side.
3. What was the name of the organization joined by Carmelita?
4. At which radio station did Carmelita perform?
5. Carmelita tells her audience that ____ is the place to be.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was the first major motion picture regarding the Cuban Revolution released?
2. Carmelita lives on which avenue?
3. What is the name of Juana's slave?
4. Juana's necklace turns from a cross into a(n) _____.
5. What is the name of Carmelita's ailing aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
2. What agreement is made between the Prosecutor and Juana? What happens to Juana after the agreement is made?
3. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
4. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
5. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
6. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
7. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
8. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
9. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
10. Who is Dee? What is her history?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)