|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots will signal the attack?
2. What is the Vicereine's title?
3. What was the name of the aunt's first husband?
4. How many arrests were made?
5. What is the name of Carmelita's ailing aunt?
(b) Maria Angelina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the activity scheduled to take place?
2. Which word is not used to describe the Vicereine?
3. Who directed "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
4. What psalm is referred to by Juana?
5. The reader is led to believe that the mugger is carrying which type of weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
2. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
3. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
4. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
5. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
6. Carmelita comments that the women need the spirit of Rosa Parks. Who is Rosa Parks? Why does Carmelita see her as a role model?
7. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
8. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
9. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
10. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)