|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carmelita tells her audience that ____ is the place to be.
(a) New York.
2. Which word is not used to describe the Vicereine?
3. Arriero's mother told him that he would be counting ______ in the New World.
4. Who directed "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
(a) Alina Troyano.
(b) Maria Luisa de la Cruz.
(c) Carmelito Tropicana.
(d) Ela Troyano.
5. Carmelita is the self-proclaimed, "_____ of Cuba."
Short Answer Questions
1. At which radio station did Carmelita make the PSA?
2. The servant tells Juana to be careful. Juana protests by showing which of the following weapons?
3. What is the name of Carmelita's friend in New York?
4. The Prosecutor claims that a portrait of a person signifies which of the following?
5. What item does Carmelita hold up to hide her face in front of the camera?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
2. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
3. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
4. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
5. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
6. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
7. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
8. What about the scene is so foreign to Arriero? What is his reaction?
9. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
10. Describe Carmelita Tropicana as a person. What was her vision?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)