|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was the first major motion picture regarding the Cuban Revolution released?
2. What was the name of the organization joined by Carmelita?
3. What is the Vicereine's name?
(a) Maria Catherine.
(b) Maria Luisa.
(c) Maria Angelo.
(d) Maria Therese.
4. What is the Vicereine's title?
5. What animal is telling the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item was not used on Carmelita's bagel?
2. What item of the mugger's clothes is mentioned?
3. The name of Carmelita's poem to her friend is "Oy Vey, Number ____."
4. The mugger admits that the weapon she used in the foiled attempt was actually a(n) ______.
5. The servant tells Juana to be careful. Juana protests by showing which of the following weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
2. What information is extracted from Juan(a) after more questioning from the Prosecutor?
3. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
4. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
5. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
6. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
7. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
8. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
9. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
10. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)