|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The exterior shot of Carmelita walking home is set in which part of NYC?
(a) Lower West Side.
(b) Upper East Side.
(c) Lower East Side.
(d) Upper West Side.
2. At which radio station did Carmelita perform?
3. Which word is not used to describe the Vicereine?
4. Who joins the Prosecutor on the stage?
(a) Mother Superior.
5. At which radio station did Carmelita make the PSA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psalm is referred to by Juana?
2. The troops are headed toward which location?
3. Which is not one of the horses mentioned in this section?
4. The prosecutor refers to Juana as the ____ nun.
5. What piece of jewelry is questioned by the Prosecutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
2. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
3. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
4. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
5. Why were Carmelita and the others protesting and where? What happened at the site? What was the result?
6. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
7. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
8. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
9. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
10. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)