|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along the way Carmelita passes a(n) ____ store.
(b) Office supply.
2. What is Pollo?
3. The exterior shot of Carmelita walking home is set in which part of NYC?
(a) Lower West Side.
(b) Upper East Side.
(c) Upper West Side.
(d) Lower East Side.
4. Juana criticized a sermon delivered by Father ____.
(c) de la Cruz.
5. The mugger admits that the weapon she used in the foiled attempt was actually a(n) ______.
(a) Letter opener.
(d) Squirt gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prosecutor compliments Juana on her ______.
2. Carmelita has a picture of which famous star on her wall?
3. Arriero's mother told him that he would be counting ______ in the New World.
4. Carmelita becomes enraged when the mugger damages her ______.
5. Which word is not used to describe the Vicereine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
2. What happens to interrupt the tender moment between Juana and Maria Luisa? What major event occurs? Who appears on the scene?
3. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
4. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
5. What agreement is made between the Prosecutor and Juana? What happens to Juana after the agreement is made?
6. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
7. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
8. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
9. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
10. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)