|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is scheduled to pick up Carmelita?
2. Who joins the Prosecutor on the stage?
(b) Mother Superior.
3. The goddess is from which culture?
4. What is the name of Carmelita's mugger?
5. The Prosecutor compliments Juana on her ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a nun's outfit called?
2. What piece of jewelry is questioned by the Prosecutor?
3. How much money did Carmelita receive for her work in the film?
4. Carmelita lives on which avenue?
5. What is the animal's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
2. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
3. What information is extracted from Juan(a) after more questioning from the Prosecutor?
4. Who phones Carmelita the next morning? What is the purpose of each call?
5. Who is Dee? What is her history?
6. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
7. What agreement is made between the Prosecutor and Juana? What happens to Juana after the agreement is made?
8. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
9. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
10. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)