|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures live inside the Vicereine's belt?
2. The Prosecutor tells Juana that he can offer her freedom if she can show _____.
3. Who interrupts the call from the Dictator?
(d) Carmelita's father.
4. Arriero's mother told him that he would be counting ______ in the New World.
5. Which is not mentioned as being one of the creatures of the New World?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the Prosecutor on the stage?
2. The name of Carmelita's poem to her friend is "Oy Vey, Number ____."
3. The master said, "Our salvation lies in our God and in our ____."
4. What does the word "danke" mean?
5. Which is not among the dangerous items mentioned by Arriero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
2. Describe Carmelita Tropicana as a person. What was her vision?
3. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
4. What happens to interrupt the tender moment between Juana and Maria Luisa? What major event occurs? Who appears on the scene?
5. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
6. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
7. Carmelita mentions that food is one of her passions. What about food is important to Carmelita?
8. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
9. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
10. Who is Dee? What is her history?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)