|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not mentioned as being one of the creatures of the New World?
2. What is the nickname of Carmelita's aunt?
3. Who interrupts the call from the Dictator?
(d) Carmelita's father.
4. What color are the Dictator's fingernails?
5. The exterior shot of Carmelita walking home is set in which part of NYC?
(a) Lower East Side.
(b) Upper East Side.
(c) Lower West Side.
(d) Upper West Side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation of "La Estrella Vacia?"
2. According to Carmelita, the organization was made up mostly of _____ girls.
3. Which part of Juana's body is cut off?
4. Who is the soldier mentioned in the Conquest of Mexico?
5. The radio show was titled "The _____ of Horniness."
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maria Luisa? What is her role in the story? What does Maria Luisa convince Juana to do?
2. What is the main theme in "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
3. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
4. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
5. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
6. What happens to interrupt the tender moment between Juana and Maria Luisa? What major event occurs? Who appears on the scene?
7. Carmelita mentions that food is one of her passions. What about food is important to Carmelita?
8. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
9. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
10. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)