|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juana's last name?
(c) de la Cruz.
2. The mugger admits that the weapon she used in the foiled attempt was actually a(n) ______.
(c) Squirt gun.
(d) Letter opener.
3. Who supplied funds for the project?
(a) Guggenheim Museum.
(b) New York Foundation for the Arts.
(c) National Endowment for the Arts.
(d) The New School.
4. Which craft fascinates Carmelita?
5. What was the name of the organization joined by Carmelita?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the animal's name?
2. The Prosecutor refers to the Church as Juana's ____.
3. Alba tells Juana, "Men use _____. A woman uses her head."
4. The exterior shot of Carmelita walking home is set in which part of NYC?
5. What was the name of the aunt's first husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
2. Who is Sor Juana? What is the basis of the Nightmare?
3. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
4. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
5. Dee and others make comments about nutty women being incarcerated at the BMU. What was meant by that statement?
6. Discuss Carmelita's radio spot for WNYC. What was the purpose of the spot?
7. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
8. What information is extracted from Juan(a) after more questioning from the Prosecutor?
9. What is the main theme in "Carmelita Tropicana: Your Kunst Is Your Waffen?"
10. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)