|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which radio station did Carmelita perform?
2. The prosecutor refers to Juana as the ____ nun.
3. Along the way Carmelita passes a(n) ____ store.
(a) Office supply.
4. The Prosecutor refers to the Church as Juana's ____.
5. Arriero's mother told him that he would be counting ______ in the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name of Carmelita's poem to her friend is "Oy Vey, Number ____."
2. What item of the mugger's clothes is mentioned?
3. How much money did Carmelita receive for her work in the film?
4. Who supplied funds for the project?
5. What does the word "danke" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Carmelita mentions that food is one of her passions. What about food is important to Carmelita?
2. Why is the Prosecutor angry with Juana? What does Juana say to convince the Prosecutor that she knows her Bible?
3. How does the relationship between Maria Luisa and Juana change at this time? What promises do the women make to each other?
4. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
5. How does Juana escape? What is her disguise?
6. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
7. Carmelita comments that the women need the spirit of Rosa Parks. Who is Rosa Parks? Why does Carmelita see her as a role model?
8. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
9. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
10. What is important about poetry to Carmelita?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)