|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carmelita has a picture of which famous star on her wall?
(a) Jayne Mansfield.
(b) Carmen Miranda.
(c) Maria Felix.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
2. The goddess is from which culture?
3. The troops are headed toward which location?
4. The Vicereine compares Juana to which type of bird?
5. How much money did Carmelita receive for her work in the film?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the Prosecutor on the stage?
2. Which is not a main theme in this section?
3. What is Juana's last name?
4. At which radio station did Carmelita perform?
5. What color are the Dictator's fingernails?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
2. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
3. What are some of the topics discussed in the BMU by the women? What family story does Carmelita tell the others?
4. Describe Carmelita Tropicana as a person. What was her vision?
5. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
6. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
7. What does Carmelita say to Dee in an attempt to garner sympathy from the woman?
8. Who is Aunt Nina? How does Carmelita describe the old woman?
9. What did Carmelita learn upon this last trip home to Cuba?
10. What does Carmelita tell her audience about becoming a performance artist? When did it occur? How did it happen?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)