|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Machito gives the tourists two tickets to which nightclub?
(a) Polo Lounge.
(c) Havana Nights.
(d) Cotton Club.
2. Carmelita is also asked about which common household item?
(d) Cooking utensils.
3. In what year did Carmelita make the trip?
4. Pingalito compares himself to which famous actor?
(a) Colin Firth.
(b) Sean Connery.
(c) Lou Diamond Phillips.
(d) Antonio Banderas.
5. What time does the policeman leave work?
(a) 6 PM.
(b) 4 PM.
(c) 5 PM.
(d) 3 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play begins in which of the following locations?
2. Lota is a descendant of which famous woman?
3. Which of the following may be able to help Carmelita's situation?
4. What word is used to describe Latin men?
5. What is the word used to describe a mid-afternoon rest period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
2. Describe the opening of the play and the setting used by the author. Where is the play set? Who is the narrator?
3. What is the realization Carmelita has after returning to America? What does Carmelita have to say about Cuban politics?
4. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
5. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
6. When did the Cuban Revolution take place? What character is used to represent the evil Cuban military?
7. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
8. How does Pingalito know Carmelita? What happens when Pingalito hears that Carmelita has amnesia? What does Pingalito do to try to rouse Carmelita? Does the plan work?
9. What is the new plan regarding the assassination of Maldito? Who devises the plan? Who unknowingly gets in the way?
10. Explain the scene in Dr. Igor's lab. What are Dr. Igor's intentions and actions?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)