|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two female tourists who appear in the first scene?
(a) Claraa and Clarah.
(b) Chris and Chris.
(c) Terry and Terri.
(d) Brendaa and Brendah.
2. The play begins in which of the following locations?
(b) TV studio.
3. What type of cookie did Proust eat to cure his amnesia?
(b) Petit Four.
4. Milk of Amnesia is based on Carmelita's trip to which location?
(b) San Juan.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
5. Carmelita refers to which famous composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cubans have ____ in their souls.
2. Carmelita is arrested for which offense?
3. The clones decide to explore which city?
4. What is Pingalito's last name?
5. What is the name of the bus that guides people throughout Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Carmelita does in order to try to restore her memory?
2. Who is Machito? What is his role in the beginning of the play? What regrets does Carmelita have regarding Machito?
3. What measures are taken to alter anti-social people?
4. Discuss the introduction of Cluna and Clana. Who are they? How are they related to Carmelita? What actions do they take to find Carmelita?
5. Who is Pingalito? Where else has the character appeared? When did he meet Carmelita?
6. What is the new plan regarding the assassination of Maldito? Who devises the plan? Who unknowingly gets in the way?
7. Describe the opening of the play and the setting used by the author. Where is the play set? Who is the narrator?
8. What is the main topic of "Milk of Amnesia?" On what was the play based?
9. How does the play reference milk? What is its significance?
10. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)