|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bus that guides people throughout Havana?
2. Dr. _____ is in the audience.
3. What type of cookie did Proust eat to cure his amnesia?
(c) Petit Four.
4. What is the surname of the famous Cuban poet?
5. Pingalito discusses his views on ____ with the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor steal from Carmelita?
2. What is the word used to describe a mid-afternoon rest period?
3. Milk of Amnesia is based on Carmelita's trip to which location?
4. What is Pingalito's last name?
5. It is said that the man would never hurt which insect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pingalito know Carmelita? What happens when Pingalito hears that Carmelita has amnesia? What does Pingalito do to try to rouse Carmelita? Does the plan work?
2. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
3. Who is Pingalito? Where else has the character appeared? When did he meet Carmelita?
4. What happens to Carmelita to jog her memory? What type of things does Carmelita remember?
5. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
6. Explain the opening of Chicas 2000. What is the setting for the first scene? Who is in attendance at the time? Who gives a monologue? What is the topic?
7. Describe Carmelita's return trip to Cuba.
8. When did the Cuban Revolution take place? What character is used to represent the evil Cuban military?
9. What is the situation in Act II? What is Carmelita's destination? Who accompanies Carmelita? How does this scene tie together the entire story? What unusual site is seen on the journey?
10. Describe the opening of the play and the setting used by the author. Where is the play set? Who is the narrator?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)