Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain range described by Pingalito?
(d) La Sierra Maestra.
2. What is the word used to describe a mid-afternoon rest period?
3. By 9:20 AM the policeman is ready to do which of the following?
(a) Make rounds.
(b) Have lunch.
4. What type of dog used to bark at Pingalito?
(a) Pit bull.
(b) German Shepherd.
(d) Doberman Pinscher.
5. Chicas 2000 was originally performed at which location?
(a) Dixon Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. _____ is in the audience.
2. What item do the women request if the match/game is won?
3. How many days does Carmelita spend in Havana?
4. What type of match/game is it?
5. What time is the boss picked up in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Machito? What is his role in the beginning of the play? What regrets does Carmelita have regarding Machito?
2. Discuss Carmelita's monologue with the audience regarding Chicas 2000. What does Carmelita predict will happen in that year?
3. Who phones Carmelita the next morning? What is the purpose of each call?
4. What is the realization Carmelita has after returning to America? What does Carmelita have to say about Cuban politics?
5. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
6. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
7. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
8. How does Pingalito know Carmelita? What happens when Pingalito hears that Carmelita has amnesia? What does Pingalito do to try to rouse Carmelita? Does the plan work?
9. Examine the scene in which Carmelita is walking home from the Tropicana.
10. Who is Desiree? Who is Rodesia? How do their characters affect Carmelita?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)