|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the host when s/he arrived in the US?
2. What is the name of the mountain range described by Pingalito?
(d) La Sierra Maestra.
3. How many days does Carmelita spend in Havana?
4. What does the doctor steal from Carmelita?
5. The clones decide to explore which city?
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. _____ is in the audience.
2. What is the official language of Cuba?
3. Which of the following is not one of the food items the man picks up on his way home?
4. The women end up in the ____ Zone.
5. What item does Carmelita give to the clones?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the meeting between Dee and Carmelita. Where had the women met on a previous occasion? Explain the scene and the reaction of each woman.
2. What measures are taken to alter anti-social people?
3. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
4. What is the realization Carmelita has after returning to America? What does Carmelita have to say about Cuban politics?
5. Describe the opening of the play and the setting used by the author. Where is the play set? Who is the narrator?
6. Who is Pingalito? Where else has the character appeared? When did he meet Carmelita?
7. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
8. What is "El Recibo Social?" What is the main topic? Why is it important to Carmelita?
9. Who is Arriero? What is Arriero's homeland? In which section is Arriero introduced? Why is Arriero's point of view different from the others?
10. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)