|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bus that guides people throughout Havana?
2. What is the name of the hotel where Carmelita stays while she is in Havana?
3. Cubans have ____ in their souls.
4. It is said that the man would never hurt which insect?
5. Which is not one of the foods the host came to love?
(a) Peanut butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Machito gives the tourists two tickets to which nightclub?
2. What time does the man arrive at the police station?
3. The women end up in the ____ Zone.
4. Carmelita is arrested for which offense?
5. In what year did Carmelita make the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Carmelita does in order to try to restore her memory?
2. What is the realization Carmelita has after returning to America? What does Carmelita have to say about Cuban politics?
3. How does Pingalito know Carmelita? What happens when Pingalito hears that Carmelita has amnesia? What does Pingalito do to try to rouse Carmelita? Does the plan work?
4. Who is Dr. Igor? What does he do to Carmelita?
5. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
6. What happens after Pingalito leaves the hospital? What do the doctors recommend? What is Carmelita's idea?
7. Explain the scene in Dr. Igor's lab. What are Dr. Igor's intentions and actions?
8. Explain the roles of Carmelita and Machito as revolutionaries. What are their plans?
9. How does the play reference milk? What is its significance?
10. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)