|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carmelita remembers the sweetness of which of the following?
2. Carmelita is questioned on which subject?
3. Pingalito compares himself to which famous actor?
(a) Lou Diamond Phillips.
(b) Antonio Banderas.
(c) Colin Firth.
(d) Sean Connery.
4. What is the name of Machito's older sister?
5. What was the former job of the host?
(c) Street vendor.
(d) Bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Carmelita spend in Havana?
2. In which year did the host meet Carmelita?
3. Machito gives the tourists two tickets to which nightclub?
4. What is the surname of the famous Cuban poet?
5. What is Pingalito's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
2. Why does the FBI appear during Carmelita's show? What does the lead agent say to Carmelita? What happens to Carmelita and the others?
3. Who is Machito? What is his role in the beginning of the play? What regrets does Carmelita have regarding Machito?
4. Discuss the initial assassination attempt on Maldito's life. What happens? Who delivers the news to Carmelita?
5. How do the clones meet Carmelita? What is their reaction to meeting their bio-original for the first time? Where had they met before?
6. What is the situation in Act II? What is Carmelita's destination? Who accompanies Carmelita? How does this scene tie together the entire story? What unusual site is seen on the journey?
7. How does the play reference milk? What is its significance?
8. Discuss the play "Memories of a Revolution." Who wrote the script? Who wrote the play? In what era does the play take place? Who is the main character?
9. What is the new plan regarding the assassination of Maldito? Who devises the plan? Who unknowingly gets in the way?
10. What is the DNA RA and BMU? What is its purpose?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)