|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Carmelita's cell mate?
2. It is said that the man would never hurt which insect?
3. How old was the host when s/he arrived in the US?
4. The poet is compared to which American poet?
5. Lota is a descendant of which famous woman?
(a) Martha Washington.
(b) Tokyo Rose.
(c) Amelia Earheart.
(d) Mata Hari.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did not escape from Cuba by boat?
2. The poem mentions which animal?
3. Milk of Amnesia is based on Carmelita's trip to which location?
4. Dr. Igor is working on which type of project?
5. Carmelita is questioned on which subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Carmelita Tropicana as a person. What was her vision?
2. Explain how Carmelita learns about the failed assassination attempt. What is Carmelita doing shortly before she is informed of the failure? Who delivers the message? What was the message given to Carmelita? What is Carmelita's response?
3. Why does the FBI appear during Carmelita's show? What does the lead agent say to Carmelita? What happens to Carmelita and the others?
4. Explain the scene in Dr. Igor's lab. What are Dr. Igor's intentions and actions?
5. Who is Alba? What does she say to try to dissuade Juana from leaving the convent?
6. What happens to interrupt the tender moment between Juana and Maria Luisa? What major event occurs? Who appears on the scene?
7. Who is Dee? What is her history?
8. Explain the opening of Chicas 2000. What is the setting for the first scene? Who is in attendance at the time? Who gives a monologue? What is the topic?
9. What is the main topic of "Milk of Amnesia?" On what was the play based?
10. What information does the Prosecutor demand from Juan(a)? What causes the Prosecutor to become suspicious of the stigmata? What are the stigmata?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)