Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Memories of the Revolution Abstract
* Reproduction of Carmelita's script.
* Act 1: Scene is set in 1940 Havana.
* Carmelita enters and talks about Cuba.
* Carmelita discusses the 1955 revolution.
* Carmelita and Machito are revolutionaries.
* Carmelita and Machito plan to assassinate the cruel and evil Maldito.
Milk of Amnesia Abstract
* Machito smuggles guns.
* Machito confronts Pingalito.
* Pingalito tells Carmelita that the...
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)