Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl in Argentina?
2. What does Sam do when he gets to the woods?
3. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
4. What does John manage to escape?
5. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
John is a spectator at the last battle on Lorien. He sees the Mogadore land and hears Henri tell him that carelessness is the reason they were defeated. Though as many Mogadorians are being killed as Loric, the Loriens do not have the numbers necessary to defeat them. A scratching at the door interrupts them, and on the other side is the same beagle that John had seen at school the previous day. Henri reaches down to pet him, and wagging his tail, he pushes past him and into the house. His collar identifies him as Bernie Kosar. Henri tells John that the Mogadorians are on Earth as well but they are different. They tend to be gregarious and though they have certain powers, they stand out in small towns but thrive in cities where they can be anonymous. Henri believes they are seeking to take Earth as their new home.
1. Putting yourself in John's place and pretending you are watching the same situation happening to Earth, describe how you feel and think at the moment. Use examples from your life and the book to support your answer.
2. Discuss ways in which what is known of the carelessness that lost Lorein to the Mogadore, is the same type of carelessness that could occur on Earth because of how human societies interact in the present day. what is known of
3. The Mogadorians came to Lorien because they destroyed their own planet. Discuss ways in which the Mogadorians' behavior and consequences could occur on earth and what symptoms are already seen on Earth. Use examples from your life and the book to support your answer.
4. Discuss, in depth, what you believe needs to happen on Earth to avoid the same fate as the Mogadorians. Use examples from your life and the book to support your answer.
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
I Am Number Four belongs to the science fiction genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the science fiction genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a science fiction and a historical novel?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)