|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Henri's laptop?
2. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
3. Where is 9?
4. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
5. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam react to seeing John use his Legacy?
2. How does Sam get Henri, Sam and himself out of the house when someone else arrives?
3. Describe John's rescue of Sarah.
4. What happens when John runs back to the school to find Sarah?
5. What does John see Henri doing a couple days later after the flame training session?
6. What does Mark show John?
7. How is John forced to reveal his Legacy to Sam?
8. What does John do without thinking when he is in Mr. Harris' office?
9. Why does Henri not think the beings John sees in his vision survived?
10. What do John and Sarah do after he rescues her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Pittacus Lore.
2. What in Lore's background may have helped him in writing I Am Number Four? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think I Am Number Four is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in I Am Number Four? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in I Am Number Four including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from I Am Number Four and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)