|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John find himself as Henri is training him?
(a) In a glass tunnel.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On a gas cloud.
(d) On Lorien.
2. What does John yell when he and Sam are close to their destination?
(d) Oh no.
3. Where is Number Four settling?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What does John tell Sam that Henri loves?
(a) Reading about the stars.
(b) To go off on his own after interesting stories.
(c) The alien conspiracy theories.
(d) Solving mysteries.
5. What does Henri give John?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) Henri's gardening gloves.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does John introduce Henri?
2. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
3. What falls over John and Sam in the woods?
4. What does Henri have John do with Bernie Kosar?
5. Who goes with Henri and John to the Halloween parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to John in the woods before his friends arrive?
2. Why does Henri not think the beings John sees in his vision survived?
3. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
4. What does John learn with the aid of fire and how does he learn a painful lesson?
5. What does John do without thinking when he is in Mr. Harris' office?
6. What do Sarah, John and Henri do during the Christmas break?
7. What follow-up does Henri mention to John when he picks John up after the first day back to school?
8. How do John's friends help him?
9. What does John ask Henri about in the wake of the incident at school when John's hand glows?
10. What does Six first believe about their situation at the school, what does she realize, what happens when she kills a scout and who arrives when she and John are talking?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)