|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bernie Kosar when John gets home from Sarah's house?
2. What does John notice is missing when he gets home?
(a) His phone.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His hat.
(d) His school bag.
3. What does John tell Sam when John calls him?
(a) John wants Sam to protect Sarah.
(b) John needs Sam's help.
(c) John is going away for a few days.
(d) John is moving away the next day.
4. What does John do about Mark and his friends?
(b) Throws them in the frigid water.
(c) Tries to become friends with them.
(d) Tells the police about them.
5. What is Henri's job concerning Number Four?
(a) To keep Number Four ignorant of the problems in the world.
(b) To keep Number Four apprised of what is going on in the world.
(c) To keep Number Four happy.
(d) To keep Number Four safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Number Four begin to call himself?
2. What does Sarah do for the first time?
3. What does Henri wonder about John on Halloween night?
4. What option does John give those who are with Mark?
5. What is sitting on the table when John and Henri arrive home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who waves and then comes over to talk with John and Henri at the parade, and what does she do when John and Mark start taunting each other?
2. Why does Henri increase John's exercise regimen?
3. What happens after the students get on the tractor and it pulls into the woods?
4. What happens when John goes inside the house where Henri is being held?
5. What is wrong with Sam and John's lockers and what is Sam reading?
6. What happens when Henri hands John a Loric crystal?
7. What does John see in the vision facilitated by the Loric crystal?
8. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
9. What do Sam, John and Henri talk about at the Halloween parade and how does Sam shock the other two?
10. How does John explain Henri's disappearance?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)