|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication does Sam cite for his source of information?
(a) "They Walk Among Us".
(b) "Us and Them".
(c) "The End".
(d) "They Are Coming".
2. Why does John text Henri?
(a) He doesn't want to go to Sarah's house alone.
(b) He wants Henri to forget going to find the writer of the pamphlets.
(c) He is worried about Henri.
(d) He is worried about Sam.
3. How many "Numbers" are there?
4. What will John have to learn to control?
(a) His emotions.
(b) His telekinetic talents.
(c) His telekinesis talents.
(d) His hands.
5. What does John do after Mark walks off?
(a) Goes after Sarah.
(b) Asks Henri for advice.
(c) Apologizes to Sam.
(d) Goes after Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri give John?
2. What has Number Four just received?
3. What do the "Numbers" carry when separated from each other?
4. Who joins John at lunch at school the next day?
5. Who goes with Henri and John to the Halloween parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Henri been doing all night?
2. Why does John have difficulty blending in at his new school?
3. What option does John give the young men and what happens after they men choose?
4. What does Henri tell John about his newly-emerged Legacy, and is John entirely successful in doing what Henri tells him?
5. How does John explain Henri's disappearance?
6. What does John ask Henri about in the wake of the incident at school when John's hand glows?
7. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
8. Why does John go over to Sam's house and what happens there?
9. What does Henri decide to do before he and John go over to Sarah's house for Thanksgiving dinner and what happens to make John go on to Sarah's house alone?
10. What do Sam, John and Henri talk about at the Halloween parade and how does Sam shock the other two?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)