|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Henri searching the Internet?
(a) For any signs of the others.
(b) For a way off the Earth.
(c) For a job.
(d) For a new location.
2. Why is Henri pushing John harder than usual in his training?
(a) Henri feels something serious is about to happen.
(b) Henri knows they have to leave soon.
(c) Henri is angry that John cannot control his temper.
(d) Henri is distressed by their lack of progress.
3. What option does John give those who are with Mark?
(a) To go in the water voluntarily or be thrown there.
(b) To leave.
(c) To be tied to trees.
(d) To stop helping Mark or suffer.
4. What does Henri wonder about John on Halloween night?
(a) If it is time to move on.
(b) If John is realistic about Sarah.
(c) If John should dress up in his native garb.
(d) If he should go on the hayride.
5. What is about to happen as Number Four is settling in?
(a) It is time to move again.
(b) A new government is about to take power.
(c) A killer swarm of bees is about to arrive to the North American continent from South America.
(d) A hurricane is about to hit the coast of Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John find Henri doing the next morning?
2. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
3. Who is Mark James?
4. How is Bernie Kosar when John gets home from Sarah's house?
5. What does John tell Sam that Henri was doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Henri hands John a Loric crystal?
2. What happens after the students get on the tractor and it pulls into the woods?
3. What does John say he needs and how does Sam respond?
4. Why does John go over to Sam's house and what happens there?
5. When does John receive his third ring and what does it mean?
6. What has Henri been doing all night?
7. What option does John give the young men and what happens after they men choose?
8. What do Sam, John and Henri talk about at the Halloween parade and how does Sam shock the other two?
9. What does Henri decide to do before he and John go over to Sarah's house for Thanksgiving dinner and what happens to make John go on to Sarah's house alone?
10. What does Henri do when he observes John's hands when he picks him up at school?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)