|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John's right hand differ from his left?
(a) It is duller.
(b) It is much bigger.
(c) It is brighter.
(d) It is redder.
2. What do the two boys find along Richland Avenue?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A hat that looks like Henri's.
(c) Henri's truck.
(d) Something that might be an alien.
3. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
(a) Runs the crystal up and down John's body.
(b) Has John hold his hand over the gas burner as close as is comfortable.
(c) Has John pass his hand over a candle flame voer and over.
(d) Nothing; John is naturally tolerant of heat.
4. What happens when Sarah tries to photograph John with her family?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) The film gets ruined.
(c) The camera gets hot and melts.
(d) The lens explodes.
5. Who is wearing a Superman cape?
(b) Bernie Kosar.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Sam that Henri loves?
2. What does Henri have John do with Bernie Kosar?
3. How does Sam react at first?
4. To what does Henri hope John will become increasingly resistant?
5. What do the "Numbers" carry when separated from each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John explain Henri's disappearance?
2. What happens after the students get on the tractor and it pulls into the woods?
3. Why does John run after Sarah and what do they discuss?
4. Why does John have difficulty blending in at his new school?
5. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
6. What has Henri been doing all night?
7. What is wrong with Sam and John's lockers and what is Sam reading?
8. What does John see in the vision facilitated by the Loric crystal?
9. What does Henri do when he observes John's hands when he picks him up at school?
10. What happens when Henri hands John a Loric crystal?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)