|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mrs. Benshoff pair John in Home Economics class?
2. How does Sam offer to help?
(a) To take John to the bus station.
(b) The use of Sam's father's truck.
(c) To give John gas money.
(d) To ask his uncle to borrow a motorcycle.
3. What can Hadley do?
(a) Change the past.
(c) Tell the future.
4. About what does John lie to Henri?
(a) What Mark says to John.
(b) About his feelings about Sarah.
(c) About his math exam.
(d) His hands.
5. Who is Mark James?
(a) The bully in Paradise.
(b) John's new teacher.
(c) John's best friend.
(d) Number Six.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henri pushing John harder than usual in his training?
2. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
3. What does John tell Sam when John calls him?
4. What does Henri think will help John develop his legacy?
5. What is sitting on the table when John and Henri arrive home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does John receive his third ring and what does it mean?
2. What does Henri decide to do before he and John go over to Sarah's house for Thanksgiving dinner and what happens to make John go on to Sarah's house alone?
3. What happens when John goes inside the house where Henri is being held?
4. What happens when Henri hands John a Loric crystal?
5. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
6. What option does John give the young men and what happens after they men choose?
7. What does Henri do when he observes John's hands when he picks him up at school?
8. What does John ask Henri about in the wake of the incident at school when John's hand glows?
9. How does John explain Henri's disappearance?
10. What do Sam, John and Henri talk about at the Halloween parade and how does Sam shock the other two?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)