|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henri pushing John harder than usual in his training?
(a) Henri is angry that John cannot control his temper.
(b) Henri is distressed by their lack of progress.
(c) Henri feels something serious is about to happen.
(d) Henri knows they have to leave soon.
2. How must the "Numbers" be eliminated?
(a) By sex.
(b) In any order.
(c) In numeric order.
(d) By age.
3. What does John ask of the person who tackles him?
(a) Where the teachers are.
(b) To guide them out of the woods.
(c) If the zombies are real.
(d) What are Mark's plans.
4. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
(a) Athens, Ohio.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Athens, New York.
(d) Portland, Maine.
5. What does John tell Sam that Henri loves?
(a) Solving mysteries.
(b) Reading about the stars.
(c) The alien conspiracy theories.
(d) To go off on his own after interesting stories.
6. To what does Henri hope John will become increasingly resistant?
(a) Certain foods that make John ill.
(b) Certain strains of bacteria.
(c) Verbal taunts from the other children.
(d) Fire and heat.
7. Where is Number Four settling?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
8. Where does John find himself as Henri is training him?
(a) In a glass tunnel.
(b) On a gas cloud.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On Lorien.
9. Towards whom does Kevin charge?
10. What does Number Four begin to call himself?
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Doe.
(c) David Brown.
(d) David Jones.
11. What does John tell Sam when John calls him?
(a) John wants Sam to protect Sarah.
(b) John needs Sam's help.
(c) John is moving away the next day.
(d) John is going away for a few days.
12. What is Henri's job concerning Number Four?
(a) To keep Number Four ignorant of the problems in the world.
(b) To keep Number Four happy.
(c) To keep Number Four apprised of what is going on in the world.
(d) To keep Number Four safe.
13. How does Sam offer to help?
(a) To ask his uncle to borrow a motorcycle.
(b) The use of Sam's father's truck.
(c) To give John gas money.
(d) To take John to the bus station.
14. What is wrong with John that makes Henri have to help him to the car?
(a) He is very queasy.
(c) He is almost blind.
(d) He is dizzy.
15. How does Sam react at first?
(a) He thinks it's a joke.
(b) He tells John he already knows.
(c) He gets very serious.
(d) He gets hysterical thinking about his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do with his hands to the things that are restraining Sam?
2. What does Henri believe about the Mogadorians' ambition concerning Earth?
3. What is Henri's position in regard to John?
4. What does John's hand do on his first day of school?
5. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)