|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How must the "Numbers" be eliminated?
(a) In numeric order.
(b) By age.
(c) By sex.
(d) In any order.
2. What falls over John and Sam in the woods?
(a) A net.
(c) A mist that makes them cough.
(d) A few buckets of foul smelling water.
3. What does Sarah say she and John should do together?
(b) The hayride.
(c) Scare Mark.
(d) A moonlight horseback ride.
4. Where is Number Four settling?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
5. What does Sarah do when Mark and his gang begin to taunt John?
(b) Puts herself between the two sides.
(c) Lectures John.
(d) Lectures Mark.
6. What does Henri wonder about John on Halloween night?
(a) If it is time to move on.
(b) If John should dress up in his native garb.
(c) If he should go on the hayride.
(d) If John is realistic about Sarah.
7. What does John do after Mark walks off?
(a) Asks Henri for advice.
(b) Apologizes to Sam.
(c) Goes after Sarah.
(d) Goes after Mark.
8. Where does John say he needs to go?
9. Where does John see Sam and they laugh about the previous day?
(b) Astronomy class.
(c) Math class.
(d) Gym class.
10. What does John tell Sam that Henri loves?
(a) The alien conspiracy theories.
(b) Solving mysteries.
(c) To go off on his own after interesting stories.
(d) Reading about the stars.
11. How does Sam react at first?
(a) He tells John he already knows.
(b) He thinks it's a joke.
(c) He gets hysterical thinking about his father.
(d) He gets very serious.
12. Why is Henri pushing John harder than usual in his training?
(a) Henri is distressed by their lack of progress.
(b) Henri is angry that John cannot control his temper.
(c) Henri feels something serious is about to happen.
(d) Henri knows they have to leave soon.
13. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
(a) In the chest before Henri closes the lid.
(b) In the glass bowl where the chest sits.
(c) On the window glass.
(d) As the crystal heats up.
14. Why can't the Mogadorians harm the female Number whose location they know?
(a) She is not blossomed into her talent.
(b) She has left Earth.
(c) She is protected by the strongest Garde crystal.
(d) John is still alive.
15. What does Sarah invite Henri and John to do?
(a) Join them for dinner at a local restaurant.
(b) Go to a special showing of a new movie about aliens.
(c) Have Thanksgiving dinner with her family.
(d) Go to her family's lakeside cabin with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask of the person who tackles him?
2. What does John do about Mark and his friends?
3. To whom does John introduce Henri?
4. With whom does Mrs. Benshoff pair John in Home Economics class?
5. What does Henri sense about the Mogadorians?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)