|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask of the person who tackles him?
(a) What are Mark's plans.
(b) If the zombies are real.
(c) To guide them out of the woods.
(d) Where the teachers are.
2. What has Number Four just received?
(a) A collar around his neck.
(b) A ring around his ankle.
(c) A band around his head.
(d) A bracelet around his wrist.
3. What does Number Four begin to call himself?
(a) John Doe.
(b) David Jones.
(c) John Smith.
(d) David Brown.
4. What does John tell Sam when John calls him?
(a) John is going away for a few days.
(b) John is moving away the next day.
(c) John wants Sam to protect Sarah.
(d) John needs Sam's help.
5. What is Henri told when he calls the people who wrote the pamphlets?
(a) That the writer of them is missing.
(b) That the writer of them is dead.
(c) Not to call again.
(d) To meet them the next week at a specified place.
6. What does John yell when he and Sam are close to their destination?
(c) Oh no.
7. Who joins John at lunch at school the next day?
8. What does John find Henri doing the next morning?
(a) Packing their stuff.
(b) Still researching the magazine John got from Sam.
(c) Stowing the loric box in the trunk of the car.
(d) Sleeping with his head on the kitchen table.
9. How does John's right hand differ from his left?
(a) It is duller.
(b) It is brighter.
(c) It is much bigger.
(d) It is redder.
10. To what does Henri hope John will become increasingly resistant?
(a) Verbal taunts from the other children.
(b) Certain foods that make John ill.
(c) Certain strains of bacteria.
(d) Fire and heat.
11. How does John get in the back door of the house?
(a) Uses his legacy.
(c) Breaks the handle.
(d) Forces the door.
12. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
(a) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) Athens, Ohio.
(d) Athens, New York.
13. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
(a) Nothing; John is naturally tolerant of heat.
(b) Has John hold his hand over the gas burner as close as is comfortable.
(c) Runs the crystal up and down John's body.
(d) Has John pass his hand over a candle flame voer and over.
14. What publication does Sam cite for his source of information?
(a) "Us and Them".
(b) "The End".
(c) "They Are Coming".
(d) "They Walk Among Us".
15. Where does John find himself as Henri is training him?
(a) In a glass tunnel.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On a gas cloud.
(d) On Lorien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henri's job concerning Number Four?
2. What will John have to learn to control?
3. What does Henri say it is almost time to do?
4. Why can't the Mogadorians harm the female Number whose location they know?
5. How long has Sam's father been gone?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)