|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell Sam?
(a) John thinks Bernie Kosar is an alien.
(b) John thinks Henri has been captured.
(c) John thinks Mark is an alien.
(d) John needs Sam to take a message to some aliens.
2. For what is Henri searching the Internet?
(a) For a way off the Earth.
(b) For a job.
(c) For any signs of the others.
(d) For a new location.
3. Why does John text Henri?
(a) He wants Henri to forget going to find the writer of the pamphlets.
(b) He doesn't want to go to Sarah's house alone.
(c) He is worried about Sam.
(d) He is worried about Henri.
4. What does John throw as far away as he can?
(a) The goggles.
(b) The nets used to capture the hayrides.
(c) Kevin's laser sword.
(d) The werewolf's false canines.
5. What does John tell Sam that Henri was doing?
(a) Trying to contact an alien.
(b) Trying to ascertain if Mark is an alien.
(c) Trying to find Sam's father.
(d) Tracking down the writer of the phamplet about the aliens.
6. What is Henri told when he calls the people who wrote the pamphlets?
(a) That the writer of them is missing.
(b) Not to call again.
(c) That the writer of them is dead.
(d) To meet them the next week at a specified place.
7. What option does John give those who are with Mark?
(a) To stop helping Mark or suffer.
(b) To leave.
(c) To go in the water voluntarily or be thrown there.
(d) To be tied to trees.
8. What does Number Four begin to call himself?
(a) David Brown.
(b) John Smith.
(c) David Jones.
(d) John Doe.
9. What does John pretend when he jogs back to Sam's house with Sam?
(a) To know how to drive.
(b) To not know how to drive.
(c) To be out of breath.
(d) To be tired.
10. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
(a) Athens, New York.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Portland, Maine.
(d) Athens, Ohio.
11. What does John do with his hands to the things that are restraining Sam?
(a) Lifts them into a tree.
(b) Pushes them far away.
(c) Slaps them.
(d) Blinds them.
12. To what does Henri hope John will become increasingly resistant?
(a) Certain foods that make John ill.
(b) Verbal taunts from the other children.
(c) Certain strains of bacteria.
(d) Fire and heat.
13. What does Henri have John do with Bernie Kosar?
(a) Drink the herbal concoction before school.
(b) Run up and down a mountain path.
(c) Move boulders from one area to another.
(d) Run to school.
14. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
(a) On the window glass.
(b) As the crystal heats up.
(c) In the glass bowl where the chest sits.
(d) In the chest before Henri closes the lid.
15. Why is Henri pushing John harder than usual in his training?
(a) Henri feels something serious is about to happen.
(b) Henri is distressed by their lack of progress.
(c) Henri knows they have to leave soon.
(d) Henri is angry that John cannot control his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John see Sam and they laugh about the previous day?
2. What email does Henri send?
3. Who is restraining Sam?
4. What can Hadley do?
5. What is going on with Number Three?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)