|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's hand do on his first day of school?
(a) The skin on it becomes very mottled.
(b) Begins to glow and burn.
(c) Turns stark white.
(d) Curls into a fist.
2. How long has Sam's father been gone?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 years.
3. Where do Mogadorians tend to thrive on Earth?
(a) Almost anywhere.
(b) Small towns.
(c) In isolated areas.
(d) Large cities.
4. What is Henri told when he calls the people who wrote the pamphlets?
(a) Not to call again.
(b) That the writer of them is dead.
(c) To meet them the next week at a specified place.
(d) That the writer of them is missing.
5. What does Henri say it is almost time to do?
(a) Leave Earth.
(b) Go to the meeting place where the other numbers will gather.
(c) Find the Guru.
(d) Open the chest.
6. How is Bernie Kosar when John gets home from Sarah's house?
7. What does Sarah do for the first time?
(a) Cries about John being hurt.
(b) Kisses John.
(c) Asks John to a dance.
(d) Is concerned about Sam's cut.
8. What is about to happen as Number Four is settling in?
(a) A killer swarm of bees is about to arrive to the North American continent from South America.
(b) A hurricane is about to hit the coast of Mexico.
(c) It is time to move again.
(d) A new government is about to take power.
9. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
(a) In the glass bowl where the chest sits.
(b) In the chest before Henri closes the lid.
(c) As the crystal heats up.
(d) On the window glass.
10. How is Henri when John finds him?
(a) Beaten up.
(d) He is not in the house.
11. What is wrong with John that makes Henri have to help him to the car?
(a) He is almost blind.
(b) He is very queasy.
(d) He is dizzy.
12. Why does John text Henri?
(a) He is worried about Henri.
(b) He is worried about Sam.
(c) He doesn't want to go to Sarah's house alone.
(d) He wants Henri to forget going to find the writer of the pamphlets.
13. What is going on with Number Three?
(a) Number Three is looking for Number Two.
(b) Number Three is on the run somewhere in Europe.
(c) Number Three is dead.
(d) Number Three has become Number One.
14. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
(a) Has John pass his hand over a candle flame voer and over.
(b) Has John hold his hand over the gas burner as close as is comfortable.
(c) Runs the crystal up and down John's body.
(d) Nothing; John is naturally tolerant of heat.
15. For what is Henri searching the Internet?
(a) For a new location.
(b) For a job.
(c) For any signs of the others.
(d) For a way off the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do as Mark taunts him as John is leaving school?
2. With whom does Mrs. Benshoff pair John in Home Economics class?
3. How does Number Four have to act in order to blend in?
4. What does Henri have John do with Bernie Kosar?
5. What does John ask of the person who tackles him?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)