|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri do to get John used to the heat from John's talent?
(a) Runs the crystal up and down John's body.
(b) Nothing; John is naturally tolerant of heat.
(c) Has John hold his hand over the gas burner as close as is comfortable.
(d) Has John pass his hand over a candle flame voer and over.
2. What does John tell Sam that Henri loves?
(a) The alien conspiracy theories.
(b) To go off on his own after interesting stories.
(c) Reading about the stars.
(d) Solving mysteries.
3. What does Henri have John do with Bernie Kosar?
(a) Move boulders from one area to another.
(b) Run up and down a mountain path.
(c) Run to school.
(d) Drink the herbal concoction before school.
4. How does Sam offer to help?
(a) The use of Sam's father's truck.
(b) To ask his uncle to borrow a motorcycle.
(c) To take John to the bus station.
(d) To give John gas money.
5. Who is restraining Sam?
(a) A pirate.
(b) A warlock.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A werewolf.
6. What is Henri's position in regard to John?
(a) A Cêpan.
(b) A Oamu.
(c) A Charten.
(d) A Hêbut.
7. What is wrong with John that makes Henri have to help him to the car?
(a) He is dizzy.
(b) He is very queasy.
(d) He is almost blind.
8. What does John find Henri doing the next morning?
(a) Stowing the loric box in the trunk of the car.
(b) Sleeping with his head on the kitchen table.
(c) Still researching the magazine John got from Sam.
(d) Packing their stuff.
9. What does Henri believe about the Mogadorians' ambition concerning Earth?
(a) They want to destroy Earth for harboring the Gardes.
(b) They have no plans as they are not on Earth.
(c) They want to kill all the Gardes and then go back home.
(d) They want to make Earth their new home.
10. What does John tell Sam that Henri was doing?
(a) Trying to ascertain if Mark is an alien.
(b) Tracking down the writer of the phamplet about the aliens.
(c) Trying to find Sam's father.
(d) Trying to contact an alien.
11. How must the "Numbers" be eliminated?
(a) In numeric order.
(b) By sex.
(c) In any order.
(d) By age.
12. What can Hadley do?
(a) Change the past.
(d) Tell the future.
13. What publication does Sam cite for his source of information?
(a) "They Are Coming".
(b) "Us and Them".
(c) "They Walk Among Us".
(d) "The End".
14. Why does John text Henri?
(a) He doesn't want to go to Sarah's house alone.
(b) He is worried about Henri.
(c) He wants Henri to forget going to find the writer of the pamphlets.
(d) He is worried about Sam.
15. How does John's right hand differ from his left?
(a) It is much bigger.
(b) It is redder.
(c) It is brighter.
(d) It is duller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Sam?
2. How is Bernie Kosar when John gets home from Sarah's house?
3. What does Henri say it is almost time to do?
4. What does John ask of the person who tackles him?
5. What does Sarah realize she needs to sell?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)