|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do about Mark and his friends?
(a) Tries to become friends with them.
(c) Tells the police about them.
(d) Throws them in the frigid water.
2. Who does Sam mention by name?
(a) The Leriens.
(b) The Marshans.
(c) The Mogadorians.
(d) The Nine World conspirators.
3. How does Sam react at first?
(a) He tells John he already knows.
(b) He gets hysterical thinking about his father.
(c) He gets very serious.
(d) He thinks it's a joke.
4. How many "Numbers" are there?
5. How does John's right hand differ from his left?
(a) It is brighter.
(b) It is redder.
(c) It is duller.
(d) It is much bigger.
6. What does John find Henri doing the next morning?
(a) Sleeping with his head on the kitchen table.
(b) Packing their stuff.
(c) Still researching the magazine John got from Sam.
(d) Stowing the loric box in the trunk of the car.
7. When does John see a swirling cloud mass?
(a) In the chest before Henri closes the lid.
(b) In the glass bowl where the chest sits.
(c) On the window glass.
(d) As the crystal heats up.
8. What option does John give those who are with Mark?
(a) To be tied to trees.
(b) To stop helping Mark or suffer.
(c) To go in the water voluntarily or be thrown there.
(d) To leave.
9. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
(a) Athens, New York.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Athens, Ohio.
(d) Portland, Maine.
10. What does Sam think happened to his father?
(a) He left the family for another woman.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) He was abducted.
(d) He was hired on a secret mission by the government.
11. What does John tell Sam?
(a) John thinks Bernie Kosar is an alien.
(b) John thinks Mark is an alien.
(c) John needs Sam to take a message to some aliens.
(d) John thinks Henri has been captured.
12. What is wrong with John that makes Henri have to help him to the car?
(a) He is very queasy.
(c) He is dizzy.
(d) He is almost blind.
13. What does John tell Sam that Henri was doing?
(a) Trying to find Sam's father.
(b) Trying to ascertain if Mark is an alien.
(c) Trying to contact an alien.
(d) Tracking down the writer of the phamplet about the aliens.
14. What does John notice is missing when he gets home?
(a) His school bag.
(b) His hat.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His phone.
15. For what is Henri searching the Internet?
(a) For a way off the Earth.
(b) For any signs of the others.
(c) For a job.
(d) For a new location.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mrs. Benshoff pair John in Home Economics class?
2. What is Henri's position in regard to John?
3. What does Sarah invite John, Sam and Henri to do?
4. What is Henri's job concerning Number Four?
5. Who goes with Henri and John to the Halloween parade?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)