|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henri say it is almost time to do?
(a) Open the chest.
(b) Leave Earth.
(c) Find the Guru.
(d) Go to the meeting place where the other numbers will gather.
2. Who goes with Henri and John to the Halloween parade?
(c) Bernie Kosar.
(d) No one.
3. What does Sarah do when Mark and his gang begin to taunt John?
(a) Lectures John.
(b) Puts herself between the two sides.
(c) Lectures Mark.
4. What does Sarah invite John, Sam and Henri to do?
(a) Come to her house for a party.
(b) Join the haunted hayride.
(c) Meet her in the house of mirrors.
(d) Join the scariest costume contest.
5. What does Sarah realize she needs to sell?
(a) Raffle tickets.
(b) Her photo collection.
(d) Concert tickets.
6. For what is Henri searching the Internet?
(a) For a way off the Earth.
(b) For a new location.
(c) For a job.
(d) For any signs of the others.
7. What can Hadley do?
(a) Change the past.
(d) Tell the future.
8. What has Number Four just received?
(a) A band around his head.
(b) A bracelet around his wrist.
(c) A collar around his neck.
(d) A ring around his ankle.
9. What does Number Four begin to call himself?
(a) David Jones.
(b) David Brown.
(c) John Doe.
(d) John Smith.
10. Why does John text Henri?
(a) He is worried about Sam.
(b) He wants Henri to forget going to find the writer of the pamphlets.
(c) He doesn't want to go to Sarah's house alone.
(d) He is worried about Henri.
11. What does John do after Mark walks off?
(a) Goes after Sarah.
(b) Asks Henri for advice.
(c) Apologizes to Sam.
(d) Goes after Mark.
12. What is Henri told when he calls the people who wrote the pamphlets?
(a) That the writer of them is missing.
(b) To meet them the next week at a specified place.
(c) That the writer of them is dead.
(d) Not to call again.
13. How does Number Four have to act in order to blend in?
(a) Like an adult.
(b) Like a normal fifteen-year-old boy.
(c) Like an intellectual.
(d) Like a moron.
14. What does John do about Mark and his friends?
(a) Tries to become friends with them.
(b) Tells the police about them.
(c) Throws them in the frigid water.
15. To what does Henri hope John will become increasingly resistant?
(a) Verbal taunts from the other children.
(b) Certain foods that make John ill.
(c) Certain strains of bacteria.
(d) Fire and heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John's right hand differ from his left?
2. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
3. What does Henri give John?
4. What is going on with Number Three?
5. What is sitting on the table when John and Henri arrive home?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)