|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
2. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
3. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
4. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
5. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of irony in the play. One example is the huge irony that Charlotte feels like a female but was born a male. Cite at least three other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)