|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
2. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
3. Where had Charlotte first met Alfred?
4. Where did Charlotte take Alfred after he was released from prison?
5. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
2. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
3. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
4. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
5. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
6. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
7. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
8. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
9. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
10. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Aunt Luise. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Aunt Luise?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of transvestites in the early-20th century. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that transvestites of the 21st century do not?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)