|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a form of autism in adults?
2. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
3. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
4. What document does Alfred complete?
5. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
2. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
3. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
6. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
7. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
8. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
9. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
10. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of transvestism in the early-20th century. Compare and contrast transvestism in the early-20th century to transvestism in the 21st century. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)