|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
2. What instrument does Alfred want to play when he is released?
3. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
4. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
5. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Wright use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
I AM MY OWN WIFE is a classic story of betrayal and survival. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of irony in the play. One example is the huge irony that Charlotte feels like a female but was born a male. Cite at least three other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)