|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is asked in the news broadcast?
2. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
3. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
4. What is Dieter Jorgensen's decision about Charlotte?
5. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Charlotte. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Charlotte?
Essay Topic 2
I AM MY OWN WIFE is a classic story of betrayal and survival. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Wright use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)