|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
2. What does Alfred wear?
3. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
4. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
5. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
2. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
3. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
4. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
5. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
6. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
7. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
8. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
9. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
10. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of paternal influence is a strong one on Charlotte--but not in a positive way. Describe Charlotte's negative paternal influence and how she overcame it. Where did Charlotte's strongest identity role model come from? Was that surprising given her circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
I AM MY OWN WIFE is a classic story of betrayal and survival. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)