|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
2. Who is Josef R'diger?
3. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
4. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
5. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
2. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
3. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
6. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
7. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
8. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
9. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
10. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Charlotte's phonograph and records. What do they signify? What role do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose to focus on these elements as a major element of symbolism?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two examples in the play making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)