|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
2. What does Alfred say he will do when he is released?
3. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
4. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
5. What name does Ziggy Fluss call Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
2. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
3. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
4. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
5. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
6. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
7. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
8. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
9. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
10. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Aunt Luise. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Aunt Luise?
Essay Topic 2
Wright is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)