|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
2. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
3. Doug tells John that they shouldn't rely on __________________.
4. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
5. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
2. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
3. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
4. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
5. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
9. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
10. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Charlotte. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Charlotte?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)