|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
2. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
3. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
4. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
5. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
2. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
3. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
4. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
5. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
6. How does Act 2 begin?
7. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
8. Who accosts Charlotte as she attempts to return to her limo after appearing on Ziggy's show?
9. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
10. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Much of Charlotte's story takes place as Germany and the world are experiencing the atrocities inflicted by Hitler and the Nazi party. Explain the significance of these political and cultural events on Charlotte. How would Charlotte's life be different today? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wright is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)