|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
2. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
3. Where had Charlotte first met Alfred?
4. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
5. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
2. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
3. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
4. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
5. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
8. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
9. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
10. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 2
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Wright use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)