|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
2. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
3. Charlotte's mother had told her it was fine to ______________________.
4. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
5. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
2. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
3. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
4. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
5. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
6. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
7. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
8. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
9. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
10. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of transvestism in the early-20th century. Compare and contrast transvestism in the early-20th century to transvestism in the 21st century. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)