|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Germans was an informant at the time?
2. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
3. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
4. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
5. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
2. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
3. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
4. How does Act 2 begin?
5. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
6. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
7. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
8. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
9. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
10. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The phonograph and records are very prominent elements in Charlotte's life and almost seem to become characters of their own. How does the author use them in his staging? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Aunt Luise. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Aunt Luise?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)