|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
2. John tells Doug that Charlotte's story sounds like _____________________.
3. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
4. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
5. What does Alfred wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
2. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
3. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
4. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
5. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
6. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
7. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
8. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
9. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
10. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Charlotte's phonograph and records. What do they signify? What role do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose to focus on these elements as a major element of symbolism?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)