|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
2. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
3. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
4. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
5. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Charlotte's phonograph and records. What do they signify? What role do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose to focus on these elements as a major element of symbolism?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of hypocrisy in the play. How is it evidenced? Who are the main abusers? Cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is your perspective on the way Dough Wright ends the play. Does he project a note of hope or the continuance of human beings struggling with the human condition? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)