|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
2. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
3. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
4. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
5. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
2. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
3. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
4. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
5. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
8. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
9. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
10. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of hypocrisy in the play. How is it evidenced? Who are the main abusers? Cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)