|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
2. What is Mulack-Ritze?
3. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
4. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
5. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
2. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
3. What does Charlotte recall about playing records during World War II?
4. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
5. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
6. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
7. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
8. How is Charlotte described?
9. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
10. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Aunt Luise. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Aunt Luise?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)