|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
3. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
4. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
5. What is unique about Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
2. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
3. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
4. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
5. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
6. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
7. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
8. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
9. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
10. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Alfred. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two examples in the play making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Charlotte. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Charlotte?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)