|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
3. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
4. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
5. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
2. What was the Mulack-Ritze?
3. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
4. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
5. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
6. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
7. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
8. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
9. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
10. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Charlotte. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Charlotte?
Essay Topic 3
I AM MY OWN WIFE is a classic story of betrayal and survival. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)