Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
2. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
9. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Aunt Luise. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Aunt Luise?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Charlotte's phonograph and records. What do they signify? What role do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose to focus on these elements as a major element of symbolism?
Essay Topic 3
Wright is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)