|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
3. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
4. In what city does Charlotte live?
5. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
2. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
3. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
4. How is Charlotte described?
5. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
6. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
7. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
8. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
9. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
10. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of transvestites in the early-20th century. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that transvestites of the 21st century do not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Wright use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)