Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
2. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
9. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
What is your perspective on the way Dough Wright ends the play. Does he project a note of hope or the continuance of human beings struggling with the human condition? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Explain the concept of hypocrisy in the play. How is it evidenced? Who are the main abusers? Cite examples to support your answers.
Wright is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)