Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
2. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
9. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
Essay Topic 1
The author presents the theme of alienation in several instances. Cite at least two examples of alienation in the play with explanation and support of your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of transvestism in the early-20th century. Compare and contrast transvestism in the early-20th century to transvestism in the 21st century. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title--I AM MY OWN WIFE. Why did Wright choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)