|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
2. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
3. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
4. What are the primary contents of the museum?
5. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
2. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
3. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
4. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
5. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
6. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
7. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
8. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
9. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
10. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of paternal influence is a strong one on Charlotte--but not in a positive way. Describe Charlotte's negative paternal influence and how she overcame it. Where did Charlotte's strongest identity role model come from? Was that surprising given her circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of hypocrisy in the play. How is it evidenced? Who are the main abusers? Cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of transvestism in the early-20th century. Compare and contrast transvestism in the early-20th century to transvestism in the 21st century. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)